Voting rights act upheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting rights act upheld

Anyone think any states or counties will opt out of it?
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
    Anyone think any states or counties will opt out of it?
    What exactly does this law do that the constitution hasn't already covered?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Well then why exactly did we need it to end the practice of denying the vote enmasse in 16 states?
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Well then why exactly did we need it to end the practice of denying the vote enmasse in 16 states?
        Its not why did we need it then, thats settled. But why do we need it now. It amounts to a massive federal overreach of its powers and a direct infringement on the powers given the to the states.

Comment

Why do you think it's not needed now? Didn't GA try to institute a picture I'd system then try placing the closest location to receive one an hour from the densest populated area which was also majority black?? I seem to remember something along those lines
          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Why do you think it's not needed now? Didn't GA try to institute a picture I'd system then try placing the closest location to receive one an hour from the densest populated area which was also majority black?? I seem to remember something along those lines
            Source, any state issued DL/ID card is accepted and Georgia has more than 1 DMV office let alone just 1 an hour outside of Atlanta. If you want to find racism look in the school systems and at lotteries not voting.

Comment

And why is it that the democrats are opposed to photo ID at polling place? It guarantees the citizen's right to vote. It reduces voting fraud. Most states issue a photo ID upon request in place of driver's license if the person doesn't wish to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                And why is it that the democrats are opposed to photo ID at polling place? It guarantees the citizen's right to vote. It reduces voting fraud. Most states issue a photo ID upon request in place of driver's license if the person doesn't wish to drive.
                Having to produce an ID means you can't double vote, vote if your not a citizen/resident alien etc. of course the dems what to give illegals DL's as well so it won't really matter. They'll make sure a good liberal votes early and votes often. :)

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  Having to produce an ID means you can't double vote, vote if your not a citizen/resident alien etc. of course the dems what to give illegals DL's as well so it won't really matter. They'll make sure a good liberal votes early and votes often. :)
                  There's a state assemblyman (I think) in CA legislature. His name is Gil "One Bill" Cedillo. His pet cause is CA state driver's license for everyone. Every legislative session he introduces the same bill, over and over again. He doesn't do anything else. Hence the name "One Bill" Cedillo.

Comment

Source, any state issued DL/ID card is accepted and Georgia has more than 1 DMV office let alone just 1 an hour outside of Atlanta. If you want to find racism look in the school systems and at lotteries not voting.
                    not one dmv with in city limitd. I looked it up. I knew there had been a question about ease of obtaining a ga id. I didn't realize GA had racism issue in t's schools
                    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

That's a great concept but has there been one documented case of double voting in GA? If it aint broke dont fix it. It's just an effort to make voting more difficult imo. I could never find the stories of voter fraud to back the bills up. What is the name of the bill to give illegals licenses? I thought that was a dead issue.
                      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

not one dmv with in city limitd. I looked it up. I knew there had been a question about ease of obtaining a ga id. I didn't realize GA had racism issue in t's schools
                        I found one in Atlanta, kind of surprised there is only one, is that how most cities work?

DDS #50 - Atlanta, GA - DMV Office Location, Appointment Information and Hours of Operation

Comment

That's a great concept but has there been one documented case of double voting in GA? If it aint broke dont fix it. It's just an effort to make voting more difficult imo. I could never find the stories of voter fraud to back the bills up. What is the name of the bill to give illegals licenses? I thought that was a dead issue.
                          here is one in Maryland.

Maryland Passes Driver's Licenses For Illegals Bill : Diggers Realm

Atlanta-

#
                          MVD Tag Office #3
                          141 Pryor St. Suite 1085
                          Atlanta, GA 30303
                          (404) 730-6100

#
                          DDS #50
                          445 Capitol Ave. SE
                          Atlanta, GA 30312
                          (678) 413-8400

#
                          MVD Tag Office #4
                          2841 Greenbriar Parkway Suites 106-108
                          Atlanta, GA 30311
                          (404) 730-6100

#
                          MVD Tag Office
                          4380 Memorial Drive Suite 100
                          Atlanta, GA 30332
                          (404) 298-4000

#
                          Motor Vehicle Division
                          4245 International Parkway
                          Atlanta, GA 30354
                          (404) 968-0480

Comment

There's not a single DMV office within my city. I have to drive to a neighboring city to renew my driver's license. I didn't know I was being disenfranchised by THE MAN.

Comment

here is one in Maryland.

Maryland Passes Driver's Licenses For Illegals Bill : Diggers Realm

Atlanta-

#
                              MVD Tag Office #3
                              141 Pryor St. Suite 1085
                              Atlanta, GA 30303
                              (404) 730-6100

#
                              DDS #50
                              445 Capitol Ave. SE
                              Atlanta, GA 30312
                              (678) 413-8400

#
                              MVD Tag Office #4
                              2841 Greenbriar Parkway Suites 106-108
                              Atlanta, GA 30311
                              (404) 730-6100

#
                              MVD Tag Office
                              4380 Memorial Drive Suite 100
                              Atlanta, GA 30332
                              (404) 298-4000

#
                              Motor Vehicle Division
                              4245 International Parkway
                              Atlanta, GA 30354
                              (404) 968-0480
                              Only one of those is a place to get an id. They did open one drivers services office in Atlanta. Was that in response to the complaints? Anyway, it's been struck down as placing an unfair burden on voters. Isnt it funny we try to prevent voting whilst enjoining the rest of the world to embrace democracy.

I did find 5000 dead people had voted in GA since 2000. That's very unusual. I wonder how many voted to prove the need for the law? If the goal of the law was to prevent that why doesn't it address absentee-ballots which is where most of the abuse took place. vote fraud is a myth. You cant show me the cases of double voting etc accept in regard to absentee ballots. As a percentage it is nothing yet it's worth disenfranchising many thousands more to prevent? justice was spot on this was a law meant to suppress the vote not address the fraud it actually didn't address.
                              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                              X