compensation my arse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compensation my arse

Well only in the UK could this be allowed to happen ,, the relatives IMO knew exactly what these 2 sewer rats were involved in .i wonder if they would have been as keen to shout when their faces were all over the country on wanted posters

Relatives of two of Britain's most dangerous gangsters are planning to use human rights laws to sue police for compensation over photos used in a crime-fighting poster.

Colin Joyce, "General" of the Manchester's Gooch Gang, and henchman Lee Amos, 33, were jailed for life at Liverpool Crown Court for the murder of a rival at the wake of a man they had earlier executed.

The day after they were jailed, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) launched a campaign showing photos of both Joyce and Amos - alongside "aged" photos of how they will look when they are released - to discourage youngsters from getting involved in gangs.

Colin Joyce, 29, pictured in the poster by Greater Manchester Police, was likened to Al Capone by a judge for turning the streets of Manchester back to the days of prohibition-era Chicago. The posters thanked the public for coming forward with the evidence that convicted them.

But now some relatives of the jailed gangsters say the police have breached their human rights. They have the backing of civil rights group Liberty, who have sent a letter to GMP claiming the posters infringed the relatives' right to privacy under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Some members of the gangsters' families claimed they have suffered a backlash from some of the public following the billboard campaign and want GMP to admit the posters were unlawful and pay compensation.

If GMP refuses, Liberty say they will go to the courts for a judicial review challenging the force's decision to run the campaign. James Welch, legal director for Liberty, said: "This case is not about protecting convicted criminals who are safely behind bars but about safeguarding innocent family members who have done nothing wrong."

Peter Fahy, chief constable of GMP gave a robust response to Liberty's claims, saying: "We are in the business of saving lives and will do all we can to prevent young people falling victim to gun crime and gang life. The poster campaign was part of that drive.

"We appreciate that in all we do we have to consider the human rights of all and that a balancing exercise has to be carried out. In this case we were concerned with the ultimate human right - the right to life and this far outweighed any privacy rights."
    Last edited by tankie; 17 Jun 09,, 18:51.

I can't really figure out why the human rights activists world over, tend to side with the criminals and terrorists.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Compensate em with a few good whacks over the knogen with a flatfoots toothpick and toss em in the roundhouse.:))
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

The local BBC news channels are showing this ,, and the weasley faced slimey human rights lawyer who is taking it on , they are actually going to try suing the Cops over their yooman rights , the same rights the murder victims had , mind tho the victims were doing the same as the murderers , so good riddance to them bastards ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          The local BBC news channels are showing this ,, and the weasley faced slimey human rights lawyer who is taking it on , they are actually going to try suing the Cops over their yooman rights , the same rights the murder victims had , mind tho the victims were doing the same as the murderers , so good riddance to them bastards ;)
          We need new laws that state once you convict the killer his lawyer goes to the gallows with you.:));)
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
            We need new laws that state once you convict the killer his lawyer goes to the gallows with you.:));)
            Good idea dreads;)

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
              I can't really figure out why the human rights activists world over, tend to side with the criminals and terrorists.

Because if you don't stand up for the rights of the criminals, then none of the people have any rights. Either the powerful will declare everyone a criminal or the people will be so subdued from not saying anything in opposition, from doing anything at all, lest they too be declared a criminal and find themselves without any rights.

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
              Then why even bother going thru the expense of having a trial if you are going to make it impossible for them to have representation.

You guys might be saying it in humor.........but I find very little humor to those who advocate a dictatorship.
              ("When police start becoming their own executioners......where's it gonna end, Briggs? Pretty soon, you'll start executing people for jaywalking. And executing people for traffic violations. Then you end up executing your neighbor 'cause his dog pisses on your lawn."--Harry Callahan, (wtte), "Magnum Force")
              Last edited by SnowLeopard; 18 Jun 09,, 03:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
                Because if you don't stand up for the rights of the criminals, then none of the people have any rights. Either the powerful will declare everyone a criminal or the people will be so subdued from not saying anything in opposition, from doing anything at all, lest they too be declared a criminal and find themselves without any rights.

Then why even bother going thru the expense of having a trial if you are going to make it impossible for them to have representation.

You guys might be saying it in humor.........but I find very little humor to those who advocate a dictatorship.
                ("When police start becoming their own executioners......where's it gonna end, Briggs? Pretty soon, you'll start executing people for jaywalking. And executing people for traffic violations. Then you end up executing your neighbor 'cause his dog pisses on your lawn."--Harry Callahan, (wtte), "Magnum Force")
                Ok S/L i hear you and respect your opinion , however , the people were tried and convicted of murder under correct judicial procedure ,,,, IMO they should forfeit their human rights or any rights , they are scum who were dealing in narcotics and didnt give a rats arse about anyone elses human rigts , sod em , its a shame that the UK banned hard labor in prisons , it would have given them something else to think about ,instead of watching TV and playing snooker etc etc .
                Last edited by tankie; 18 Jun 09,, 12:17.

Comment

These ba$tards sure know how to mint money, don't they?
                  Just imagine the relatives of all the slain Taliban/AQ/LeT scumbags lining up at the Amenesty International office for compensations.
                  Fckin human rights.
                  sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                    These ba$tards sure know how to mint money, don't they?
                    Just imagine the relatives of all the slain Taliban/AQ/LeT scumbags lining up at the Amenesty International office for compensations.
                    Fckin human rights.
                    Awwww crap Mjr , they might see this and on goes the light , cash drawers open , ker ching

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post

Ok S/L i hear you and respect your opinion , however , the people were tried and convicted of murder under correct judicial procedure ,,,, IMO they should forfeit their human rights or any rights , they are scum who were dealing in narcotics and didnt give a rats arse about anyone elses human rigts , sod em , its a shame that the UK banned hard labor in prisons , it would have given them something else to think about ,instead of watching TV and playing snooker etc etc .
                      I'm sure lots of people would like it that way, for one cause or another.

But we are suppose to be a civilized world, not like some African country where one hears that the guy in power just accused his opponent of treason to remove him from the election. There are many who consider that treason is just as bad as murder.

They have rights, face it. Just because they are convicted in, say, the US, does not mean that one can then take them out and skin them alive because the 8th amendment doesn't apply anymore. Just because they are convicted in, say, the US, does not mean that one can start torturing them to see what else they have done because the 5th amendment doesn't apply anymore.

They still have rights...............and I'll be damned if I let anyone try to take those rights from another because they aren't satisfied with the level of punishment.

They protect the good....they protect the bad....they protect everyone.
                      "I must differ, Chancellor. He is on trial but he has not been convicted, so he has that right to run for the office. Moreso, this trial must be suspended until the election is concluded."--Cardinal Borusa, (w,stte), Dr. Who "The Deadly Assassin")

Comment

I'm sure lots of people would like it that way, for one cause or another.

But we are suppose to be a civilized world, not like some African country where one hears that the guy in power just accused his opponent of treason to remove him from the election. There are many who consider that treason is just as bad as murder.

They have rights, face it. Just because they are convicted in, say, the US, does not mean that one can then take them out and skin them alive because the 8th amendment doesn't apply anymore. Just because they are convicted in, say, the US, does not mean that one can start torturing them to see what else they have done because the 5th amendment doesn't apply anymore.

They still have rights...............and I'll be damned if I let anyone try to take those rights from another because they aren't satisfied with the level of punishment.

They protect the good....they protect the bad....they protect everyone.
                        "I must differ, Chancellor. He is on trial but he has not been convicted, so he has that right to run for the office. Moreso, this trial must be suspended until the election is concluded."--Cardinal Borusa, (w,stte), Dr. Who "The Deadly Assassin")
                        Ok S/L i will agree to differ , have a good day ;)

Comment

One realizes, of course, that I don't give a damn about the crooks. It's not a bleeding heart situation for them.

It's a belief in our rights system and that such a system must continue. One should not expect it to continue if they whittle sections out of it to go after a certain group of people.

So that it continues, it must be for everyone, not only for a select few.
                          Then they came for the Jews, I did not speak out; I was not a Jew.
                          When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me."--(wtte), "First they came...", credited to Pastor Martin Niemöller)

Comment

Human rights organizations can only survive and thrive in a democratic and free societies. You dont see Human rights organization in North Korea, do you ? I dont have any problem with their cause. I just can't understand why victims and their families never get a place in their sympathy and support list. Its always criminals, terrorists and all sorts of scum who get their unstinting support. Or is it a quick way to fame ? Being a devils advocate has it own advantages, I guess.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Snowleopard,

The TV channels are more concerned airing the plight of the culprit's family than the victim's because there is a damn little thing called TRP.
                              Who are the protecting? What fckin rights are they protecting?
                              sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Working...
                              X