• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog vs. Cat

Who's smarter?
    Dogs, we can teach them tricks.
    63.64%
    Cats, they convinced us we can't teach them tricks.
    13.64%
    Humans, we think we own them.
    0.00%
    Dogs and cats, they own us...
    22.73%
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

No question. The dog is smarter. However, the cat is more cunning.

Comment

We have a saying in the UK ,, you can own a dog , but not a cat , a cat can have multiple owners also ,as has been proved in court cases ,, if you run a dog down in your car it must be reported to the plod , but not so for a cat as they are classed as vermin ,, i think Ooe has hit the nail .;)
      Last edited by tankie; 16 Jun 09,, 08:42.

Comment

The dog is smarter. The cat however knows it's now in season. Dog is winter cusine.
        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Dog is smarter it stays away from Debbie. The dumb ass cats run out in the middle of the road, stare back at Debbie and do their martyr wail (mmeeooowwwalalalalalalalalala) and the WHACK! A truck or piece of farm equipment flattens it like a pancake.:)):P

So much for whats for dinner tonight in the boonies.:))
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 15 Jun 09,, 20:40.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Anyone else here ever seen a rabid dog? Now they behave weirdly.

I saw one in Goa, in the middle of a little track. I wanted to get past (nice beach) and apparently the authorities there didn't really do anything about them so I had to run it down and burn the body (taking all the normal precautions of course). Was still quicker than the route around would have been though.
            Nulli Secundus
            People always talk of dying for their country, and never of making the other bastard die for his

Comment

Cat. When I feed the cat and dog, it's the cat that stares the dog down. As a result the cat's got fat and the dog always looks pained.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

My dog eats cats ... well, not my house cats.

Comment

Still can not figure out how my dog killed all those smart cats.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a puppy. Suck for attention?

Comment

I like cats more than dogs, and I have kept cats all my life so I can say with impartiality that dogs are smarter. Looking at my cat's clumsy attempts at logic makes me smile.
                      All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                      -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Dogs have useful smartness, they aid in hunting, search and rescue, investigations, can be trained to help blind people etc. Never heard of a Sniffer Cat Squadron. At home, they are effective against burglars, fetch the newspaper too, cats might fetch you a dead mouse at best.

Cats are cunning, condescending and evil, they are dumb and they sulk around, I hate em and hope they all die.
                        When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

Bring a mouse ,, holy crap ,,how big are the mice in India then , cos your cats are big buggers

Comment

Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
                            Dogs have useful smartness, they aid in hunting, search and rescue, investigations, can be trained to help blind people etc. Never heard of a Sniffer Cat Squadron. At home, they are effective against burglars, fetch the newspaper too, cats might fetch you a dead mouse at best.

Cats are cunning, condescending and evil, they are dumb and they sulk around, I hate em and hope they all die.

So an animal that can be trained to obey the most elaborate commands of a human (to the point of risking its own existence) is more intelligent than an animal that most definately picks & chooses which commands to obey? You have a definition of intelligence I don't recognize.

Dogs are more useful to humans, doesn't make them smarter.

Had a freind whose father spent his career doing lab experiments with various animals. He was convinced that pound for pound (to help out our American friends) cats had it all over dogs. Humans train dogs, cats train humans.

Cats are cuter too:

Attached Files
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

My cat's own me, what can I say! My youngest cat greets me at the door when I get home from work, of course it's because he wants food! lol My oldest cat (a siamese) actually runs around the house looking for me crying "mama" until he finds me! I think cats are pretty smart but they are definitely cunning!!

I love dogs too! They are so affectionate, but I'm not into the licking the face and lips! Or the crotch sniffing! Cat's don't sniff crotches! lol
                              “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                              "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X