Oiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oiling

Just out of curiosity: do you oil your weapons? If so, how often?

I never oil them, unless I'm storing them for some time. I live in the desert, and oil attracts the huge amounts of dust we have here like a magnet. They function flawlessly, and they are not being worn.
    Frequently
    60.00%
    Rarely
    20.00%
    No
    20.00%
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

I oil my guns after every tim I use them, but when i use them, I mean go through about 500 rounds/ 200 shells. I put one drop of oil in each major part (like the bolt or trigger mechanism), and clean-out the barrel. I use them maybe 7 or 8 times per year.

Comment

If you live in a desert or other particularly dust ridden environment you should use Teflon dry lubricant.

Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
        If you live in a desert or other particularly dust ridden environment you should use Teflon dry lubricant.

Works great.
        Here's what many units in Iraq are using
        http://www.militec-1.com/
        It has to go on when your weapon is warm, so right after you shoot is perfect.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Looks pretty cool. I like their mottos:
          God bless our military forces. Jesus Christ is King!
          Suppport our troops - Carpet Bomb Iran and Syria.

Comment

Depends on what kind of weapon it is. If its my Garand I grease it up because it a semi auto.

Comment

Working...
            X