September 11, 2001 - France is attacked, not the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11, 2001 - France is attacked, not the US

Not sure if this is a good forum for this subject but what the heck.
    Posit: On 9-11-01, 3-4 airliners are hijacked and are crashed into the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and other high-profile targets in France.

OR

9-11 occurs in the US as history records it but sometime before 2004, the same thing happens in France as described above (I know, considering airline security, it's not likely, but go on the assumption that against all reason, the hijackers pull it off.

So what does France do in Scenarios 1 and 2?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

France whines, cries, mobilizes, eats frogs and snails, and comes running to the US, England, and Germany to help
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The french whine and bitch, go to the UN to protest. Meanwhile french intelligence services identify and locate guilty parties. Small teams of french special forces infiltrate and "deal with" miscreants. Nobody ever hears about it. The french would rebuild the ewful tower, but they can't sober the contractors and engineers up.
      sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

LOL, c'mon guys, let's be serious now *snicker* :LOL
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Don't need to consider. It's already happenned. Not to the Tower or the musem but terror attacks in Europe ain't uncommon though nothing on the scale of WTC.

The WTC, not as much as the DoD since that was a military target, elicited a world response. NATO envoked Article 5 and immediately contributed forces to the fight. The SAS was in Afghanistan within 2 weeks looking for OBL. NATO planes took the skies over North America within minutes.

The sad commentary is that if this happenned in France or any of the other NATO countries, that country would be alone in trying to exact vengence. You don't have to look no further than the Falklands War. There were over 3000 hostages there and the US did not provide the aid anywhere close to the War on Terror.

Big Ross, kindly shut your mouth. French commandoes bled in Afghanistan for the Americans. French planes did over 10% of the sorties there. They've placed their carrier and their forces directly under American command without a second's hesitation. They did not negotiate the terms of service nor what's allowed and what's not allow. They came and said, "this is what we got, what do you need?" And the Americans took it. So, what happenned? The Americans punished them for not supporting a war that they believe to be wrong.

Comment

Sadly, I think the Colonel is right. Other countries probably would not have gotten the support that America has gotten, especially the support from the average Joe, Ivan, Jean-Jacques, Avi, Hans and Juan on the street.
            Most Americans would look at such an event perhaps with some excitement, like distant flashes of lightning, and just as quickly forgetten. For that matter, for most Americans, 9-11 is a distant though bad memory.

Comment

Colonel, if you would have read my message instead of immediately jumping at me, you would have seen that I said come to the USA, England and Germany TO help. Assuming this was after the WTC, like TopHatter said. Not comes crying FOR help. France might have a reversal of opinion about Iraq. But thank you very much for proving my point about you.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

OK guys, let's cool down a bit. No need to get into a mudfight. I was kinda expecting a few sarcastic remarks about France at first but we can continue with a serious conversation now ja ?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                  ...kinda expecting a few sarcastic remarks about France at first but we can continue with a serious conversation now ja ?
                  Oh, just one more please. They would immediately evacuate their military, top government personnel and upper-crust citizens to the UK. They would then surrender, unconditionally, to any terrorist orginization willing to claim responsibility. :P

Ok, really, I think they would be doing the same things we are. If their forces were the ones required to enforce UN sanctions in Iraq, I think they would feel differently about that phase of this war too.
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    nothing on the scale of WTC.
                    That's key don't you think. We are not talking about a car bomb that kill 20 people. We are talking about the massacre of 3000 Americans.

The WTC, not as much as the DoD since that was a military target
                    Was the plane that crashed in to it a military target? Were the people on the plane military officers?

elicited a world response. NATO envoked Article 5 and immediately contributed forces to the fight. The SAS was in Afghanistan within 2 weeks looking for OBL. NATO planes took the skies over North America within minutes.
                    The French supported us after 9/11 because even they are not stupid enough to stand in the way of a bloody and angry America.

The sad commentary is that if this happenned in France or any of the other NATO countries, that country would be alone in trying to exact vengence. You don't have to look no further than the Falklands War. There were over 3000 hostages there and the US did not provide the aid anywhere close to the War on Terror.
                    That’s BS the United States stands by its allies. The Brits didn't need our help in the Falkland War. It is absurd to compare the Falkland War to the War on Terrorism. The Falkland War threatened 3000 people on an Island. Terrorism threatens the lives of every free non Islamic Fascist on Earth.

Big Ross, kindly shut your mouth.
                    I could just tell you to shut your f*cking mouth, but I am going to answer you like a civilized human being. Why don't you try that sometime?

French commandoes bled in Afghanistan for the Americans. French planes did over 10% of the sorties there. They've placed their carrier and their forces directly under American command without a second's hesitation. They did not negotiate the terms of service nor what's allowed and what's not allow. They came and said, "this is what we got, what do you need?" And the Americans took it. So, what happenned? The Americans punished them for not supporting a war that they believe to be wrong.
                    The American death toll in Afghanistan is something like 30. So being real generous the French death toll would be like 5. So keep score here 116,516 Americans died in the WW1 protecting France. Roughly 200,000 or more Americans in WW2. So don't lecture me about how French commandoes "bled" in Afghanistan. And I don't want to hear about the American Revolution. How many French men died then? Answer: not even close to 315,000. Now don't get me wrong if the French don't want to fight a war that they don't think affects them fine. That’s not the problem that myself and most Americans have with the French. I just want them to shut up. Shouldn't 315,000 dead American soldiers by enough for the French to hold their tongue about American policies?

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                      That's key don't you think. We are not talking about a car bomb that kill 20 people. We are talking about the massacre of 3000 Americans.

Was the plane that crashed in to it a military target? Were the people on the plane military officers?

The French supported us after 9/11 because even they are not stupid enough to stand in the way of a bloody and angry America.

That’s BS the United States stands by its allies. The Brits didn't need our help in the Falkland War. It is absurd to compare the Falkland War to the War on Terrorism. The Falkland War threatened 3000 people on an Island. Terrorism threatens the lives of every free non Islamic Fascist on Earth.

I could just tell you to shut your f*cking mouth, but I am going to answer you like a civilized human being. Why don't you try that sometime?

The American death toll in Afghanistan is something like 30. So being real generous the French death toll would be like 5. So keep score here 116,516 Americans died in the WW1 protecting France. Roughly 200,000 or more Americans in WW2. So don't lecture me about how French commandoes "bled" in Afghanistan. And I don't want to hear about the American Revolution. How many French men died then? Answer: not even close to 315,000. Now don't get me wrong if the French don't want to fight a war that they don't think affects them fine. That’s not the problem that myself and most Americans have with the French. I just want them to shut up. Shouldn't 315,000 dead American soldiers by enough for the French to hold their tongue about American policies?

So, where were you when your CIA was killing my people!!!! Your CIA gave away my 2 R22eR layouts to the Croats!

I'll answer you direct.

The Algiers Independence movement killed over 10,000 French. Where were the Americans?

Or how about this, you Americans KILLED four my of Canadians, including ONE OF MY FRIENDS! Maj Schmitt bombed the Canadian contigent at Tarnark Farm which also killed Sgt Marc Leger, a man I went to jump school with. I've got alot I can be pissed off at the Americans about, least of which your Albright imposed a Kosovo War which needn't to be fought.

French deaths in UNPROFOR as a direct result of your CIA involvement was 24.

French support in 9/11 was automatic and unconditional. They weren't stupid but it was also the right thing to do. They didn't ask. They didn't question. They've sent!

Bullshit about the Falklands War. The US resupply sidewinders and provided intel support to which the landings could have never taken place without them.

Don't quote me about WWI. The Americans barely got scratched in comparison with the other allied powersw and imposed the League of Nations on the rest of the world. Imperialism at its worst. What's worst is that it didn't worked!

I didn't bring up the Revolutionary War, WWI, nor WWII because those are the wars of our fahters. But I will not allow anyone who disparages those who fought on the side of the Allies in this war.

I don't blame anyone people or the country. They are not the United States and they are not obliged to follow the US by any means. I, however, do take exception to those who who insults people in uniform who bled on our behalf. That group apprarently includes you.

I do not and will not disparage those who stood beside me and fought beside me - litterally. Apparently, you do not or cannot say the same.
                      Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 25 Sep 03,, 04:31.

Comment

Some clarifications for those who can understand

I don't blame the US for what happenned in Krajina. I blame the CIA and Albright.

I also don't blame the USANG nor Maj Schmitt for what happenned at Tarnark Farm. I, howeer, do blame the motherfuck for not being the man and the officer that he's supposed to be and take the responsibility for his mistake.

Comment

The name calling and insults WILL stop, or there will be widespread deleting and locking of threads.

If it still doesn't stop, there will be bannings.

I'm not kidding gentlemen.

The core of this board are people that have been specificly singled out from other boards and INVITED here by the Admin staff precisely because they are quality individuals that offer quality insights on many issues, many with first hand experience on the topics we discuss.

With that in mind, you should all damn well know better than slinging mudd over nonsense, and i expect more out of all of you.

If you guys want to call each other names and act like kids, go post at military.com, you'll fit right in there.

Leader, you're new here, so i will cut you some slack, but i am going to issue this warning again(cause it obviously hasn't gotten through to everyone), DO NOT insult the Colonel.

Of all the boards i have posted at, and in all my time in the military, he is one of the best military thinkers i have yet to come across, willingly sharing his experience, knowledge, and opinions with all who ask.

As such, the Colonel is a TREMENDOUS asset to this community.

And Colonel, i say this with the utmost respect, but Sir, act your rank and stay above the nonsense bullshit. You KNOW that American's have no love for the french, and you KNOW that any time france is mentioned, these comments are going to spring up like may flowers. With that in mind, there is absolutely no reason you should get upset or insulted over 'frog' comments.

If something is said that annoys you(this applies to everyone), and you don't feel you can handle it in a mature manner(which i understand), then a PM to a moderator is the appropriate action.

Enforcing good conduct and taste is the job of the moderator's of WAB, NOT the job of it's members.

In the few instances that we get a real live troll, i will let you know it's OK to pile on. In ALL OTHER INSTANCES, i expect decent behavior out of everyone. Myself and the other mods included.

And finally, BR, i've asked you nicely several times not to instigate the Colonel, and you have chosen to ignore me. I like you, you know that, but this is your LAST warning.

The next time you are the center of a mud slinging fest, you will be banned. PLEASE don't force me to do that.

Disagree all you want, all of you, but RESPECTFULLY.

I've specificly addressed this subject once before, this is the second time, there will NOT be a third.

Finally, this is a good topic, worthy of serious conversation. Let's all enjoy the debate, and knock off the bull shit.

Comment

Situation understood and will comply

Comment

I just want to state one thing, than I'll also drop it. The Colonel and I got into an argument before, and I changed my attitude due to your's and the Colonel's wishes. However, the Colonel hasn't changed a bit. It seems as if the sight of a post by me will cause a flaming, regardless of what the post says.

Comment

Working...
                              X