Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman kills herself so that sons might see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman kills herself so that sons might see.

Woman Kills Herself So Blind Sons Can See

Mon Mar 21,10:50 AM ET Oddly Enough - Reuters

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - An Indian woman committed suicide so her two blind sons could receive her eyes and see, a newspaper reported Monday.

But doctors say the chances of success are bleak, The Indian Express reported.

Thirty-seven-year-old Tamizhselvi's sons, Kumaran, 17, and Kumar, 15, have been blind since birth.

Doctors in the southern city of Chennai say Kumar's condition cannot be helped with a cornea transplant and also suspect his elder brother does not have a cornea defect.

"We had told the family earlier itself that a corneal transplant was not needed for the younger son," the Express quoted hospital official G. Seethalakshmi saying.

The family is insisting Tamizhselvi's corneas can only be used for her sons and no one else.
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

A great sacrifice of a mother, but unfortunately the doctors say that the cornea cannot be used for the handicapped teenagers.
    A rare example of pure love and sacrifice.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
      A rare example of pure love and sacrifice.
      Ocassionaly one finds it in this bleak world.
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

"Your first love is always your family, for no matter what you do, they'll love you back" Albert Einstein

"Is not a mother the equal of God?" William Shakespeare

"Maternal love is very common in the wildlife, but the true form of it is extremely rare in a humna society" Jacques Cousteau

"Even today, i ask my mother help on any kind of matter, be it help with a record deal or help with washing my clothes (laughs)" B.I.G

(Thought you might enjoy those quotes :) )
        Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew ¨Ender¨ Wiggin

Comment

They would have been better off with a loving mother. :(
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
            They would have been better off with a loving mother. :(

She was a loving mother, that's y she gave up her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Locke
              She was a loving mother
              The key to that statement is "was". And it appears to have been for nothing, and her children are left with neither.
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I am always against suicide.

But now , do not know if i should really curse her for committing suicide.
                Still suicide , is not acceptable.

Comment

The key to that statement is "was". And it appears to have been for nothing, and her children are left with neither.

They can still have the operation, even if the chances for succes is minute. and may yet see the daylight...

Comment

They can still have the operation, even if the chances for succes is minute. and may yet see the daylight...
                    "We had told the family earlier itself that a corneal transplant was not needed for the younger son," the Express quoted hospital official G. Seethalakshmi saying.

Comment

Doh

Comment

" not needed for the younger son.

well what about the other son?

Comment

"Your first love is always your family, for no matter what you do, they'll love you back" Albert Einstein

"Is not a mother the equal of God?" William Shakespeare
                          Great quotes professor. They are so very true.

Comment

well what about the other son?
                            I'd still rather have my Mom...

Comment

I'd still rather have my Mom...

When you realy love someone, they don't leave you when they die :)

Comment

Working...
                              X