X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mig 1.44

can any one rate this plane

Which plane?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

D'oh! THIS plane Click here
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

So I see...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Dont look real Stealthy to me. Looks like a Mig 29 sittin on top of two loaves of bread.
          "Now we shall have ourselves a pell mell battle!" ......The Immortal Memory, Admiral Nelson

Comment

I have to admit, that is a goofy looking aircraft. Reminds me of the loser in the JSF competition. Ugly as sin!
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

It aint gonna be anywhere near as advanced as the F/A-22 Raptor, exspecially when they sort out the Raptors software problems.

Looks like a peice of crap to me. It looks like it would crash as it trys to take off.

What a couple of wimpy engines, the Raptor Engines each put out 40,000 lbs of thrust. The Modified one for JSF puts out 50,000 lbs.

Comment

I would imagine the Raptor will have long stream of software bugs of one sort or another. It comes with the territory. Its a platform built to evolve. I understand most of the early and somewhat serious software problems have been (largely) solved. As they add and test capabilities I expect more bugs to show up and get solved or get work-arounds.

Comment

The F-119 engines of the Raptor produce 35,000lbs thrust each, and the JSF's F-129 engine produces 37,500lbs.

Comment

Yah, sorry my bad, but you get my point.

The F-35 engine is called the F-135 and it has 40,000 lbs of thrust. At least according to the Prat and Whitney site.

Comment

Righteo.

Comment

I thought one of the keys to the JSF was to be able to customize it according to a country's needs. I believe in later production runs the buyer can opt for a different engine manufacturer. I have a 5.5 meg PDF file that talks about the JSF program and it surveys the subcontracting issues partner country by partner couintry. I could link to it at work from the FAA intranet but can't locate it from home. It was listed on one of the aviation daily/aerospace sites.

Comment

The Mig R&D folks and Russia built a couple proto-types of this aircraft. It was intended to be a "Raptor-Killer" and a supposed 5th Generation foghter capable or comparable to the F-22 'Raptor'.
                          It has been labeled the Mig-1.42/1.44/MFI
                          Decent link here:
                          http://www.migalley.freeweb-hosting.org/migmfi.html

The problem with this 'beast' is that it is caught up in just about everything else that is going on in and with Russia.....lack of funding. In such, the aircraft is a test-bed for future aircraft and will not see production.

Russian pilots are lucky to get 20+ hours a month flight training....
                          The Russian air force is in dire need of modernization and expenditures in such projects, in regards to production of numbers, is none-existent.
                          Russia is hoping to field a 5th Generation by 2007, but I tend to think it is wishful thinking as indicated by this article:
                          "Attraction of Foreign Capital Will Hasten Creation in Russian Federation of Fifth Generation Fighter"
                          Link:
                          http://www.royfc.com/acft_news_old_dec1.html

Could go on more about this but will stop here. :)

regards
                          seekerof

Comment

that is right. Russian 5th generation will not be in production earlier than 2012-2015.... regarding 1.44 project, MIG corporation is in ruins and almost bankrupt.... the money they put into 1.44 were all wasted.... On the other side Sukhoi will not invest a dime into a 5th generation until foreign buyers confirm at least 200 planes. Nobody trusts Russian Ministry of Defence with its budget less than development of of a new fighter.

Most probably Russians will focus on anti-stealth technologies and enhance Su-30 and Mig-31 derivatives with antistealth capabilities. And possesing remains of F-117 shot down in Yugoslavia for radar tests makes this direction quite promising. Indeed is it actually smart to follow the stealthy trend at any cost? Aircraft is always a compromise. If you get one ability you may have to pay with other lost abilities.... so I think that it is smarter to acompany some of the stolen stealthy features like materials, but focus on better radar capabilites. It is far cheaper to make modification of on-board radars than inventing new airframe to match newer radars....

Comment

kinda looks the Gripen and Mig-29 combined into one. must be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X