making a progress , or making a Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a progress , or making a Devil

2009.04.24 Day, I and the well-known environmental protection volunteer Yelan visited the vast landfill pit in Huangchuan,it covers 100 acres area of land, with a strong shock to me:I could not expect my hometown Huangchuan has so much garbage the annual. Yelan tell me:the landfill is a standard landfill, the bottom of the vast pit is covered with impermeable plastic, near the bottom have a pipeline leading to the sediment pool, in fact, the garbage water out of the pit bottom is very difficult handled. because the garbage water contain the complex pollution elements , At present, the vast majority of cities are adopting this method to solve garbage.

When the garbage landfill pit is full,the top of the huge garbage pile will be covered by soil or sands.the garbage pit is the second landfill pit,the first landfill pit had been full already and been covered by soil.

However, this solution to garbage can not eliminate the waste, only bring the garbage from one location to another, simply buried out. Huangchuan town is clean, but here is dirty , here has become a public toilet of the entire Huangchuan County in fact . Impermeable plastic would eventually is aging and rupture , it is actually buried a time bomb in the surrounding region, perhaps break out at any time,

the best solution is to proceed from the source, reduce the one-time items and merchandise's surface packaging, as well as waste separation. Waste recycling. However, in this area my home country do less.nearby the huge garbage pit ,some people in tattered clothing are picking useful waste for saleing them , they actually contribute in waste reduction, however, their conduct lack of government support, but despised by the society, really sad !

Yelan say:social progress, economic development, the environment in the back, and ecological deterioration.

I am also feeling:the more economic development,the more consumption , the more deterioration of the environment, ecology is more bad. what are we actually going? whether Human is making a progress , or is making the Devil who destroying the earth, the human is going into confused and crazy in economic development, possessed seizing and destroying the beautiful earth where human survival and reproduction . No order of mass production, No order of mass consumption, is a large malignant tumor of the world's environment .
    Attached Files
Working...
X