Has this board gone haywire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this board gone haywire?

Is it just me, or has the 'International Relations' board lost a whole bunch of threads? Other than the first two there don't seem to be any recent threads here. There is stuff at the top of the list from last year. I tried various ways of listing, but it didn't help. I haven't checked all the other boards, so I'm not sure if this is everywhere.

Is it just me?
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Under 'International Politics', there are only this and two more recent threads. Then there is a big jump to much older threads where the 'last posts' are dated June 08 and older.

This means many many threads are missing. Did somebody deleted them by mistake?
    Last edited by Merlin; 27 Apr 09,, 14:27.

Comment

Yeah...kinda wierd because this thread is showing up as being in international politics with a post by Peter Pan, but when you go to international politics...it isn't there!

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/int...-new-post.html

Yup...definitely gone hay wire because this should have shown up as last post on the general discussion "menu" and it didn't. The "Castro" post by Peter Pan is still showing up as last post.
      Last edited by Southie; 27 Apr 09,, 14:31.
      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
      sigpic

Comment

We've just had a software upgrade and I suspect a glitch with that. Normal service will resume as soon as I can tip an admin out of their hammock and sober them up.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          We've just had a software upgrade and I suspect a glitch with that. Normal service will resume as soon as I can tip an admin out of their hammock and sober them up.
          How dare you , Ooe as an elderly whisky drinking Officer ,,deserves a lay in now n then :))

Comment

I don't think it's lost any... I'll look into it to see what the problem is.
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The missing threads appear in the 'New Posts' list. But they do not appear in the 'International Politics' Board.

Comment

In addition, some threads have been merged into existing threads.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I reported some posts that showed up in threads that where wayyyy off topic all of a sudden a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                    ... some posts ... in threads that where wayyyy off topic ...
                    LOL! This is not unusual in WAB, is it? :)
                    Last edited by Merlin; 28 Apr 09,, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                      This is not unusual in WAB, is it? :)
                      No, but these where answering questions that where actually from another thread, way more than usual derail.;)

I think we where discussing somethings about butter cookies and all sudden there was an answer about the singaporean criminal law...

Or something like that???

Comment

No, but these where answering questions that where actually from another thread, way more than usual derail.;)
                        I know this is what you mean. It is a fun comment. Notice the smiley icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                          I know this is what you mean. It is a fun comment. Notice the smiley icon.
                          I admit I did have to read them quite closely to figure it out, given how far I have seen threads derail.

I think I get my biggest laugh here when a thread can go from a political commentary to gun control to gay marriage to gays in the military, to global warming to the car you had in college, back to the original comment to a college party I attended in 1979 to taxes, to butter cookies, to the best scotch, to nazism, back to scotch then somebody wants Debbie to post pictures of her cleaning her house in fishnet stockings while drinking scotch and making butter cookies.

Does that about cover it?:)):)):))

Comment

I think I get my biggest laugh here when a thread can go from a political commentary to gun control to gay marriage to gays in the military, to global warming to the car you had in college, back to the original comment to a college party I attended in 1979 to taxes, to butter cookies, to the best scotch, to nazism, back to scotch then somebody wants Debbie to post pictures of her cleaning her house in fishnet stockings while drinking scotch and making butter cookies....
                            No, this is not the WAB going haywire. The world has gone haywire.

Comment

I've rescued all of the threads. When splitting Political Discussions back into International and American Politics, it turns out there were two identically-named International Politics forums, one of which was visible and one which was not, one of which I forgot to delete. When vBSEO was re-installed, the forum must have been confused about what belonged where since instead of having /forumdisplay.php?id=24 and /forumdisplay.php?id=174 as the separate URLs, one with all of the threads and one without any, they both had /international-politics, one with a few threads and the hidden with the most.
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                              X