British Free Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Free Corps

I am interested in the history of the British Free Corps and was wondering whether anybody could provide me with any references to any books that have been written about this.

I am also interested in how much influence John Amery had in its formation. What was the British Free Corps connection to Oswald Mosely?

Originally posted by great one View Post
    I am interested in the history of the British Free Corps and was wondering whether anybody could provide me with any references to any books that have been written about this.

I am also interested in how much influence John Amery had in its formation. What was the British Free Corps connection to Oswald Mosely?
    There is a brief chapter on the BFC in Volume 2 of Foreign Legions of the Third Reich, by David Littlejohn.

It begins:
    The notion that British prisoners-of-war could be induced to volunteer to fight in an anti-bolshevik "legion" on the eastern front originated, not in the fevered imagination of Dr. Goebbles, but in the mind of a scion of a distinguished British political family, John Amery.

Comment

Working...
    X