Clear All

• Yeeeehaaww!!!

Opening Day!

(Except my Red Sox got rained out. )
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Ozzie Smith would do a flip.

Ernie Banks would say "It's a great day for a ball game; let's play two!"
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

And Mel Ott would say "How About That!"
      Mark Twain

Comment

Yup!

...and Willie yells, "Say hey"!

It is a beautiful day for another season.

I'm very happy...:)
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Opening Day!

(Except my Red Sox got rained out. )
          If only they had played the opening game in Tampa...enclosed stadium...no worries about the weather! Hmmmmm....
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

It's a gorgeous afternoon here is Orange County, perfect for baseball. Too bad the Dodgers are in San Diego. The Angels are home, but the game doesn't start until 6pm.

Every single game on opening day should be scheduled for the early afternoon. Baseball is a day time game, an outdoors game. Night games are cool, but just not quite the same.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Dodgers and BoSox doing pretty good.

Yankees got smoked in the 8th inning last night, what a disappointing start for them

Comment

So AR...do you think it will be a sweep tonight? Fingers crossed...I've got my broom out!!! :))
                “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                sigpic

Comment

Southie

Sorry...wasn't on the WAB to comment. I was too busy watching Jacoby Ellsbury steal home off of the Spankees!

9-0...lets keep it going in Cleveland tonight.
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry...wasn't on the WAB to comment. I was too busy watching Jacoby Ellsbury steal home off of the Spankees!

Good games the whole weekend. Didn't watch all of them, but did watch a little of each. One of my co-workers, HUGE RED SOX fan, said instead of a broom we need one of those road sweepers! His wife is a HUGE YANKEE fan...hmmm....wonder how the weekend was in their house?
                    sigpic

Comment

Disappointing Yankees

Anyone actually think the Yankees can turn their season around? What happened to all their big contract pitchers??

P.S how bout dem blue jays? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                        Anyone actually think the Yankees can turn their season around? What happened to all their big contract pitchers??

P.S how bout dem blue jays? :D
                        Interesting turn aorund by the Jays.

Gaston working his usual magic.

Let's see if it will last.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting turn aorund by the Jays.

Gaston working his usual magic.

Let's see if it will last.
                          Well if Yankees continue their dismal season I think BoSox and Jays will make the playoffs. Hopefully the Jays will, cuz we all know the Sox will.

I haven't had the chance to watch any baseball games yet, because of NHL and NBA playoffs, but I'll get there.

Comment

Not that I watch much baseball anymore, but I haven't seen anyone steal home before last night (that was pretty sweet) since I Willie McGee did it sometime two decades ago (not that some hasn't done it in interim, it's just been nearly three decades since I've seen it).
                            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

This will get yanked at some point, but here's the YouTube:

This ESPN video will probably have longer longevity: Ellsbury Steals Home In Boston's Win
                              "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                              X