PDA

View Full Version : Yeeeehaaww!!!

Albany Rifles
06 Apr 09,, 20:43
Opening Day!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:: biggrin:

(Except my Red Sox got rained out. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)

gunnut
06 Apr 09,, 20:49
Ozzie Smith would do a flip.

Ernie Banks would say "It's a great day for a ball game; let's play two!"

Albany Rifles
06 Apr 09,, 21:56
And Mel Ott would say "How About That!"

S2
06 Apr 09,, 23:09
...and Willie yells, "Say hey"!

It is a beautiful day for another season.

I'm very happy...:)

Southie
07 Apr 09,, 01:27
Opening Day!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:: biggrin:

(Except my Red Sox got rained out. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)

If only they had played the opening game in Tampa...enclosed stadium...no worries about the weather! Hmmmmm....:rolleyes:

gunnut
07 Apr 09,, 01:34
It's a gorgeous afternoon here is Orange County, perfect for baseball. Too bad the Dodgers are in San Diego. The Angels are home, but the game doesn't start until 6pm.

Every single game on opening day should be scheduled for the early afternoon. Baseball is a day time game, an outdoors game. Night games are cool, but just not quite the same.

Mobbme
26 Apr 09,, 13:17
Dodgers and BoSox doing pretty good.

Yankees got smoked in the 8th inning last night, what a disappointing start for them

Southie
26 Apr 09,, 23:33
So AR...do you think it will be a sweep tonight? Fingers crossed...I've got my broom out!!! :))

Albany Rifles
27 Apr 09,, 15:55
Sorry...wasn't on the WAB to comment. I was too busy watching Jacoby Ellsbury steal home off of the Spankees!

9-0...lets keep it going in Cleveland tonight.

Southie
27 Apr 09,, 16:01
Sorry...wasn't on the WAB to comment. I was too busy watching Jacoby Ellsbury steal home off of the Spankees!

Good games the whole weekend. Didn't watch all of them, but did watch a little of each. One of my co-workers, HUGE RED SOX fan, said instead of a broom we need one of those road sweepers! :biggrin: His wife is a HUGE YANKEE fan...hmmm....wonder how the weekend was in their house? :eek:

Mobbme
27 Apr 09,, 17:58
Anyone actually think the Yankees can turn their season around? What happened to all their big contract pitchers??

P.S how bout dem blue jays? :D

Albany Rifles
27 Apr 09,, 20:03
Anyone actually think the Yankees can turn their season around? What happened to all their big contract pitchers??

P.S how bout dem blue jays? :D

Interesting turn aorund by the Jays.

Gaston working his usual magic.

Let's see if it will last.

Mobbme
27 Apr 09,, 21:37
Interesting turn aorund by the Jays.

Gaston working his usual magic.

Let's see if it will last.

Well if Yankees continue their dismal season I think BoSox and Jays will make the playoffs. Hopefully the Jays will, cuz we all know the Sox will.

I haven't had the chance to watch any baseball games yet, because of NHL and NBA playoffs, but I'll get there.

Shek
28 Apr 09,, 04:57

Not that I watch much baseball anymore, but I haven't seen anyone steal home before last night (that was pretty sweet) since I Willie McGee did it sometime two decades ago (not that some hasn't done it in interim, it's just been nearly three decades since I've seen it).

Shek
28 Apr 09,, 05:08
This will get yanked at some point, but here's the YouTube:

0P1b0RN2sB4

This ESPN video will probably have longer longevity: Ellsbury Steals Home In Boston's Win (http://videos.espn.com/m/video/22163349/ellsbury-steals-home-in-boston-s-win.htm)

Albany Rifles
28 Apr 09,, 16:07
Not that I watch much baseball anymore, but I haven't seen anyone steal home before last night (that was pretty sweet) since I Willie McGee did it sometime two decades ago (not that some hasn't done it in interim, it's just been nearly three decades since I've seen it).

It is so uncommon that ESPN (The World Wide LEader) had problems coming up with the video for the replay! They onlyhad the long shot from the Monster Top camera and didn't have it live. You only got to see Ellsbury dive into the camera view at the last second.

The Red Sox with speed and pitching....who would of thunk it!

And anothe rgreat win last night!

Mobbme
04 May 09,, 06:54
Dodgers are a record 10-0 at home to start the season ;)