No announcement yet.

U.S.S Constellation...1year later......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S.S Constellation...1year later......

I am currently working on a wooden replica of the above mentioned ship and I have to tell you, this is the absolute hardest item I have ever had...tried to assemble. This model is the 37 inch version with so much detail and rigging it,s almost frightening to contemplate hooking it all up. I am currently about 3/4,s done the hull(all three skins)decking, gun ports(a real nightmare). all stairways ect. Next comes the guns,masts and rigging. This is my first detailed wooden ship model and I had no idea they were just so many stacks of wood to be shaped and moulded.....and the plans....oh yes ...lots and lots of paper plans on sheets of paper the size of the average kitchen table. Yet I gotta tell you it,s slowly taking shape...looking good actually and it,s a great way to relax,until I begin the rigging I guess.:)):)) Anyway, as soon as I can get my son to show me how to put a picture of it on the net I shall do so. Anyone else out there ever give one of these models a go?

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
      I am currently working on a wooden replica of the above mentioned ship and I have to tell you, this is the absolute hardest item I have ever had...tried to assemble. This model is the 37 inch version with so much detail and rigging it,s almost frightening to contemplate hooking it all up. I am currently about 3/4,s done the hull(all three skins)decking, gun ports(a real nightmare). all stairways ect. Next comes the guns,masts and rigging. This is my first detailed wooden ship model and I had no idea they were just so many stacks of wood to be shaped and moulded.....and the plans....oh yes ...lots and lots of paper plans on sheets of paper the size of the average kitchen table. Yet I gotta tell you it,s slowly taking shape...looking good actually and it,s a great way to relax,until I begin the rigging I guess.:)):)) Anyway, as soon as I can get my son to show me how to put a picture of it on the net I shall do so. Anyone else out there ever give one of these models a go?
      Constellation or Constitution?
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        Constellation or Constitution?
        It,s the Constellation(1798). My son is showing me tonight how to transfer the pics onto the net(still rather new at this). Worked on it for 6 hours yesterday and managed to fabricate the trestle and crosstree assembles. Didn,t really know what I was getting into when I started it,but I,m glad I did. I want to tackle the HMS Victory next.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
          It,s the Constellation(1798). My son is showing me tonight how to transfer the pics onto the net(still rather new at this). Worked on it for 6 hours yesterday and managed to fabricate the trestle and crosstree assembles. Didn,t really know what I was getting into when I started it,but I,m glad I did. I want to tackle the HMS Victory next.
          Very nice please do post pics when your done.:)

Comment

im just about done with a Tamiya USS Missouri model. 1:350 scale.

these are earlier pics. the blue tape is to protect the hull from scuff marks and scratch's

Comment

Uss constellation

Is your model from scratch or is it a manufactured kit.

been looking for a kit to try and reabilitate my hands some to kep them limber

looking forward to photo's

Comment

Originally posted by turretman1st View Post

its a manufactured kit. and it is a challenge. at least level 4

Comment

^Nice work, looks like it's coming along really well. I love the 1/700 scale Tamiya waterline series models. Highly detailed for such a small plastic model.
                  You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Originally posted by turretman1st View Post

I tried for half a day yesterday with the wife to try and get the pics transferred...to no avail. I think we sent them out to Alpha Centauri. Will try again next week unless one of you guys can explain this .......damn voodoo to me....and I thought the rigging was frustrating.:))

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                      X