The Mighty Tirpitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mighty Tirpitz

Hi everyone. As a new member here on WAB i was asked by KRON1 if i liked battleships. Well here's my first offering to you all of my Paper model of the Tirpitz. I've included the BUILD pictures so you can see the stage by stage construction. The kit BOASTED over 700 parts {it felt like more}, but i really enjoyed the work on her. She isn't my favourite Battleship, but one of them { i like quite alot of the American Battleships}. I hope you enjoy looking at my work. Regards. Pete
    Attached Files

Tirpitz build continued

Tirpitz build continued :
    Attached Files

Comment

Tipitz build continued

Tirpitz build continued :
      Attached Files

Comment

Tirpitz build conclusion

Tirpitz build conclusion :
        Attached Files

Comment

Peter that is great. You must have the patience of a saint. The kids tell me I have 'sausage fingers' so model making is not for me.

Comment

Excellent work Peter! The Tirpitz was in one of our contests some time back. Even though I took a whuppin there, I still have it on my desk!

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=40178

Comment

I would have tossed it in the woodburner not even halfway through for lack of patience. Very Nice indeed!
              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Magnificient...... simply amazing:):):)
                Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  Peter that is great. You must have the patience of a saint. The kids tell me I have 'sausage fingers' so model making is not for me.
                  I haven't got what you could call thin fingers my friend ! but when it gets a wee bit tiny to hold, i use two pairs of tweezers - Go on GIVE IT A GO... you will get lots of enjoyment making a paper model, and you can get a model of just about anything you can imagine. Never say NEVER ! Regards. Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommunist View Post
                    Magnificient...... simply amazing:):):)
                    Thank you for your kind remarks - pleased you like her friend. Regards Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      I would have tossed it in the woodburner not even halfway through for lack of patience. Very Nice indeed!
                      Hi there friend. Sooooooooooo pleased you like the model Debbie, yes the patience gets tried to the limit on these models, but it pays off when people like your good self like the end results. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                        Excellent work Peter! The Tirpitz was in one of our contests some time back. Even though I took a whuppin there, I still have it on my desk!

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?t=40178
                        Hi friend. Glad you like my model - i had a look at yours and it's a nice clean build {the model that won the competition had set the standard very high} you gave a good showing and did the best you could with the model that you made {what kit was it and what scale ?} In modelling, the better the kit the better the detail and the more you can do to please the eye. Keep building and most of all ENJOY it ! Regards Pete.

Comment

I built that years ago, it's a 1/72, before the age of the internet. To get the correct camo scheme, I had to go to the library, photocopy the photograph I found and go at it. I'm not very good with wood. I have been struggling with a wooden build for almost a year...

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...t=39255&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                            I built that years ago, it's a 1/72, before the age of the internet. To get the correct camo scheme, I had to go to the library, photocopy the photograph I found and go at it. I'm not very good with wood. I have been struggling with a wooden build for almost a year...

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...t=39255&page=2
                            Hi mate. The way you went about getting all the facts you needed for your model {colours etc} is the way we all used to work at our hobbies, and boy was that more FUN ! it's all tooooooo easy on the net. I still go to the Library from time to time depending on the subject matter. Your airplane went through a rough time and you must have had a good level of patience to start over again. I made a Tiger Moth along long time ago and quite enjoyed making it. The smell of the dope was very over powering. It did fly {in a fashion} i used to worry about winding the prop for fear of it all squashing down. What are you making at the moment ? Regards friend. Pete.

Comment

Wow! Very Good Model Indeed! Too Bad I Cant Find Any Model Looking Like That.

Comment

Working...
                              X