PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

xinhui
28 Feb 09,, 23:25
Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIyzTO4zhU&eurl

Comment?

It sucks so bad, I think it will be good.

Ironduke
28 Feb 09,, 23:57
Wasn't that an abortive attempt to make a new series a few years back?

I like the new series they eventually came out with, I watch it on scifi.com.

Officer of Engineers
01 Mar 09,, 00:49
Won't happen. John Colicos died years ago.

YellowFever
01 Mar 09,, 01:11
Agree with Ironduke.

I heard a rumor that Richard Hatch wanted to revive BSG and made this promo a few years before the new BSG came out.

The rumors go that Richard Hatch was going to make a big stink about the new series so they (the producers of the new series) eventually "bribed" Hatch by offering him a decent role in the new series so he'll stay quiet.

Sorry, Ironduke..the new series had great potential but it sucks!

Now I just watch it because I want to finish everything I start and it only has three more episodes to go... :tongue:

Tarek Morgen
01 Mar 09,, 02:37
is that the theme from crimson tide? Pretty sure that it sounds like something from Hans Zimmer.

xinhui
01 Mar 09,, 03:13
scifi.com

Yup, watching TV is soooo last century; I have this cool DVD player that can handle all type of formats, DIVX, AVI, I just download and burn, wooha. I forget when was the last time I actually try to "catch" a show.

xinhui
01 Mar 09,, 03:16
Universal in talks for 'Battlestar' movie
Glen A. Larson would write, produce the film

By Borys Kit

Feb 20, 2009, 06:28 PM ET
hr/photos/stylus/71986-battlestar_galactica_original_341.jpg

"Battlestar Galactica"
Just as the acclaimed Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" enters its final episodes, Universal has quietly entered into negotiations with Glen A. Larson to write and produce a big-screen version of the property he created.

"Battlestar," which originally aired on ABC in 1978, was produced in the wake of the success of "Star Wars," which caused a sci-fi revival in popular culture. The premise involved a human civilization living on a series of 12 planets that are decimated from an attack by intelligent robots known as Cylons. The survivors are led by a starship called Galactica in their attempt to find a mythic 13th planet named Earth.

The Sci Fi series, under the direction of executive producer Ronald Moore, took the premise and ran with it, incorporating the politics of war, religion, torture and destiny, becoming the channel's signature series.

The movie effort would have no connection to the series and would relaunch the story in a new medium. However, staples such as the characters Adama, Starbuck, and Baltar will remain.

Larson was one of the biggest names in 1970s and '80s TV and creator of shows like "Switch" and "Magnum P.I."

Universal had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i6c21c5456af55219d6f55a20baf1089a

xinhui
01 Mar 09,, 03:17
the new series had great potential but it sucks!

still better than 99% of the crap out there.

BudW
01 Mar 09,, 03:50
The new series was good until this cylon 5 twist came into being,wish they would have stayed with humans looking for Earth oh well another series that started out great goes in the crapper.

RustyBattleship
01 Mar 09,, 05:54
The new series was good until this cylon 5 twist came into being,wish they would have stayed with humans looking for Earth oh well another series that started out great goes in the crapper.

I agree. I tried to watch a couple of episodes, but couldn't catch on to what they were doing. The CGI Cylons with the skinny waists were okay but I liked the originals better (though they did have some in one episode I saw).

Lorne Green (Bonanza) played Adama and Lloyd Bridges played the Captain of another starship, the Pegasus. One of his Viper pilots was played by Anne Lockhart (daughter of June Lockhart from Lassie and Lost in Space) who transferred over to the Galactica when Bridges makes a Kamikazi attack on two Cylon Base ships.

The last season was a bit of a downer though. They find Earth and they send a bunch of youngsters down with only two adults. Looked like they were going to make it a kiddy show like Lost in Space.

But the best episode was their Halloween special

xinhui
01 Mar 09,, 19:46
agree, the second half of the fourth season has been a disappointment so far.

Blue
02 Mar 09,, 00:26
Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIyzTO4zhU&eurl

Comment?

It sucks so bad, I think it will be good. I would have liked that I think. I like the new one as well. Of course anything Star Was, Star Trek, or BSG I like. There just isn't much Sci-Fi I don't like.:)

dalem
02 Mar 09,, 00:42
I doubt it will happen. The old BSG was themed on romance and victory. The new one is themed on filth and surrender. Filth and surrender are big pulls these days.

-dale

Blue
02 Mar 09,, 01:17
I doubt it will happen. The old BSG was themed on romance and victory. The new one is themed on filth and surrender. Filth and surrender are big pulls these days.

-daletragically true. I still buy the good clean hero themes though. Too bad its not the norm:(

Ironduke
02 Mar 09,, 02:17
Sorry, Ironduke..the new series had great potential but it sucks!

Now I just watch it because I want to finish everything I start and it only has three more episodes to go... :tongue:
I think the new series has had its ups and downs. I think it started off strong for a couple seasons, but the time when they were on New Caprica under Cylon occupation smacked of moral relativism, which I didn't care for. There have been several deus ex machinas I didn't care for either. So far I think the last season has been strongly anti-climactic, though there have been bright spots in between.

xerxes
02 Mar 09,, 02:26
I am loyal fan of Battlestar and have been watching even as its fundementals have been detoriating. I really liked the energy put in the making this show, espacially the vancouver-based Canadian-made special effects, along with the sets, actors and nice models, ... but with the way story is being going lately, ... xerxes has been most displeased.

They turned COLONEL TIGH into cylon. WTF!!!

I am really just watching it out of loyality. I use to think that Sci-fi shows need to be more serious, but after watching some very depressing episodes on battlestar, I think older sci-fi shows had the right mix of humour in it.

YellowFever
02 Mar 09,, 02:56
I think the new series has had its ups and downs. I think it started off strong for a couple seasons, but the time when they were on New Caprica under Cylon occupation smacked of moral relativism, which I didn't care for. There have been several deus ex machinas I didn't care for either. So far I think the last season has been strongly anti-climactic, though there have been bright spots in between.

Bright spots, sure but they were too few and far in-between.

I keep thinking of the ...ummm..less than wholesome chick I went out with in high school. Always teasing and a few bright spots but never really delievering the goods (lol..umm ok..forget I said that).

Agree completely with the New Caprica angle. The suicide bomber made me really roll my eyes.

Only 3 episodes to go. They're still creating sub-plots when they should be tying up loose ends to the story.

Very dissapointing. The only reason why I watch is to make myself believe that following this series for 4 years hasn't been a complete waste.

There is no way I'm even going to even start watching the "Caprica" series if RDM is involved.

Sorry for venting..LoL

Johnny W
02 Mar 09,, 04:23
I watched the first two seasons of the new BSG. The rescue from New Caprica was a great episode, but after that, the series starting going downhill rapidly when they got into the religion/final five cylons crap. Haven't watched it much since then.

A BSG movie that ignores the new series and goes back to the roots of the old series would be great, but I don't see it happening.

SnowLeopard
02 Mar 09,, 11:46
Let's see, no particular reason why I stopped watching the current example, just that one thing led to another and final one, while minor on its own, was the final straw.

Start off with Adama removing civilian leadership, finding out he can't do without it, reactivating it, and everything was like it was before. Now in most situations, if you do that to people, they will never trust you again......but not so there.

Next, the trial of Baltar was too drawn out, too not sci fi, too bloody dam* boring! I want rocket ships, not watching an alien culture's version of judis precedance. Further, it destroyed items that it could not afford to lose, such as Lee thinking he didn't need to be a pilot anymore and could be a lawyer instead. Wasn't he an officer, wasn't he once a commander of a battlestar? How he could he possibly think that he had the privlidge to hang up his helmet when so many in the fleet depended on him for their lives?

Finally, I got tired of being yanked around by the sci-fi channel. First of all, sci fi was doing the same thing that FOX did. Give you some of it .......... and then make you wait forever for more of it. But the final straw was when sci fi would show it on one night, then show an encore the next night. I came to depend on that encore, but in the final episode for that season, where Starbuck comes back from the dead, where Lee decides to get back in the cockpit, they don't show it without a word of warning. I missed it, had to look it up on the net.

That was it; I didn't care anymore. I never bothered to watch a new episode after that and I really don't watch the sci-fi channel anymore, either.

About this version? Well, I know Marian Jensen's acting was less than desirable, but I still prefer her as Athena. That's rather what I grew up on. Szilvia Naray looks like Sarah Rush (Flt. Cpl. Rigel).....and someone who has not been thru the stress to age. Other than that, I think my main objection to it would be that the flight sequences are too much Star Wars and not what they were in the late 70's. There's also somewhat an uncomfortable feeling of Starship Troopers, but that just may be contamination of lots of sci fi productions after a show of about 30 years ago. That is, as time goes on, one sees other things and there are just so many ways to present something before something becomes a reflection of another.

Good point? Richard Lynch always makes an excellent villian.

On other things: about Battlestar Galactica and Galactia:1980. As I read the various reports, it comes down to that the former was too expensive to do despite the ratings. The latter was the answer to hold on to the ratings with something that cost less. But the viewing rules for the time slot it was in required it to be a children or family show (or was it educational), so they needed children in it. No budget, previous cast unavailable, rushed production, and unfavorable rules for the series. Small wonder it ended up being the joke of the galaxy.

Oh, it had its good points....few and far between. As I said, Richard Lynch always makes an excellent villian and Jeremy Brent as Captain Nash in "Spaceball" was excellent as well. Trying to appreciate an entire show past the opener could be painful; appreciating parts of it, though, is possible. And I say this realizing that "The Return of Starbuck" was popular because to me, the same thing applies. It had its good points, but trying to take that entire episode as good just isn't possible.

For me, from the original series, the best one was "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero", sort of a combo of the dirty dozen, the guns of navarone, and where eagles dare. Viewing it with the modern eye might be painful given how production procedures have changed, but it is essentially good. Croft makes a good ex warrior and Thane is quite psychotic.......or is he? Croft is one of those characters who you hope will show up again but never does (except in the book "Apollo's War"). Given his characteristics, I would not be surprised to find if Richard Hatch took something of him to form his modern character of Tom Zarek.

Blue
02 Mar 09,, 15:26
I think the new series has had its ups and downs. I think it started off strong for a couple seasons, but the time when they were on New Caprica under Cylon occupation smacked of moral relativism, which I didn't care for. There have been several deus ex machinas I didn't care for either. So far I think the last season has been strongly anti-climactic, though there have been bright spots in between. And you are due several more with the episodes left to explain where they are coming from. I kinda think we know how it will end.:frown:

gunnut
02 Mar 09,, 20:24

-dale

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I loved the old serious where people banded together to survive. Sure it was campy. But it also offered hope over fear, trust over deceit. The good guys won in the end.

The new show doesn't have any good guys. I hope they all perish.

Dreadnought
02 Mar 09,, 22:30
Cassiopeia and Sheeba :biggrin: I still like the older version. Cylons looked like Cylons not humans.

SnowLeopard
03 Mar 09,, 09:07
Cassiopeia and Sheeba :biggrin: I still like the older version. Cylons looked like Cylons not humans.

Sci fi fantasies?

Boy wise, it was Croft, Tigh, Omega......and Thane. Girl wise, it was Athena, Rigel........and Aurora.

Tigh was interesting thru out the show. At many points, he was a tough Colonel that one didn't want to mess with....but there were moments when you wondered how he ever got that high.

Trivia question: BSG was a Bellasario production as was Airwolf and Baa Baa Black Sheep. Many of the actors that flew in one often flew in another. Ie, Larry Manetti of Magnum fame was Giles in BSG and Boyle in BBBS. Or Barry Van ****(WE JUST HAVE to something about this censoring software when one can't mention the name the family that stars in "Diagnosis Murder") was Dillon in "BSG:80" and St. John in Airwolf II.

But one actor flew them all. Who was it?

dalem
03 Mar 09,, 09:51
James Whitmore Jr.?

-dale

SnowLeopard
03 Mar 09,, 11:08
James Whitmore Jr.?

-dale

Errrr, no. Remember, the question is about an actor that has flown them all. Whitmore, Jr. was in "Sweet Britches" in Airwolf......but he didn't fly Airwolf. And he wasn't in it either in "Daddy's Gone A Hunt'n".

Blue
03 Mar 09,, 18:59
Or Barry Van ****(WE JUST HAVE to something about this censoring software when one can't mention the name the family that stars in "Diagnosis Murder") Try "lesbian", we'll get it..:biggrin::biggrin:

pate
03 Mar 09,, 20:41
It was the old guy that co-piloted Airwolf... I pause to google... Peter McKernan??

Blue
03 Mar 09,, 20:43
It was the old guy that co-piloted Airwolf... I pause to google... Peter McKernan??
I thought that was Ernest Borgnine.

Equilibrium
03 Mar 09,, 21:00
I have never seen the original Battlestar Galactica and only began watching the current incarnation about a year ago after having seen most of the last two seasons in a BSG marathon.

I will say that I like the current series because of how he characters must come to grips with the moral compromises and incomplete or unfulfilled expectations they produce. They also struggle with the consequences of those results long afterwards. In questions of survival, morality unfortunately is relegated to second place.

The Cyclons exalted themselves as the epitome of morality because of their mechanistic and absolute approach to existence- a legacy of their automated origins perhaps. Now the Cylons must come to grips with the fact that they are not perfection, that they too are flawed and now must come to grips with the fact that they may be no better than the humans. Indeed, they may even be somehow related to them

Dreadnought
03 Mar 09,, 21:18
Try "lesbian", we'll get it..:biggrin::biggrin:

Trivia question: BSG was a Bellasario production as was Airwolf and Baa Baa Black Sheep. Many of the actors that flew in one often flew in another. Ie, Larry Manetti of Magnum fame was Giles in BSG and Boyle in BBBS. Or Barry Van ****(WE JUST HAVE to something about this censoring software when one can't mention the name the family that stars in "Diagnosis Murder") was Dillon in "BSG:80" and St. John in Airwolf II.

Hows about D-Y-K-E- Van Dick?:));)

RustyBattleship
03 Mar 09,, 22:47
I thought that was Ernest Borgnine.

You are correct. In the original Air Wolf series, Ernest Borgnine was the co-piolt and Jan Michael Vincent was the moody pilot. I forget who played the boss of "The Firm" that kept Air Wolf hidden and called out only on business.

By the way, several years ago at an Air Show here in Long Beach, Air Wolf flew directly over my house. Neat on the outside but just another Bell 222 on the inside.

Blue
04 Mar 09,, 01:04
You are correct. In the original Air Wolf series, Ernest Borgnine was the co-piolt and Jan Michael Vincent was the moody pilot. I forget who played the boss of "The Firm" that kept Air Wolf hidden and called out only on business.

By the way, several years ago at an Air Show here in Long Beach, Air Wolf flew directly over my house. Neat on the outside but just another Bell 222 on the inside. You are lucky you got to see it. there where a couple airframes used as I have heard. This is Wikis story.........

The flying Airwolf helicopter was actually a Bell 222, sometimes unofficially called a Bell 222A, whose serial number was 47085.[2] During filming of the series the helicopter was owned by Peter J. McKernan Sr.'s JetCopters Inc. in Van Nuys, CA.[3] The helicopter was eventually sold after the show ended and became an ambulance helicopter in Germany, where it crashed and was destroyed in a thunderstorm on June 6, 1992.

There are a few flying around with that paint scheme though. I saw one once while driving down the road and about had a wreck craning my head to check it out. It was justa plain 222 though(minus the rocket ports)But it was worth it!

SnowLeopard
04 Mar 09,, 09:01
You know, that trivia question isn't what it was 20 years+ ago when it came out. Now a days, one would just go to IMDB, look up BBBS, and run the names of the pilots to see their other credits. Of course, it helps to know the shows to avoid the false hits as with Whitmore, Jr..

It's W. K. Stratton, the only non screwup in BBBS, the wingman of the jerk in BSG "Murder on the Rising Star", and the Airwolf weapons operator in the pilot movie. A slight note, in IMDB, he is listed as "Chuck Gordon" in the last, but as he calls the ESM operator "Chuck", I don't think that was his character but rather Mark Sinclair.

But.....everything must be treated with a grain of salt in Bellisario productions for they aren't known for their attention to detail; it's quite the opposite to almost being a trademark. In just about any show, one is bound to find glaring mistakes episode to episode.

On the other bit, Alex Cord played Michael Coldsmith Brigss III, codename ArchAngel.

It's difficult to say if and where there was a co pilot on the bird. In "Bite of the Jackel", when Archangel tells Hawke that he has a co-pilot, Hawke corrects him by telling him a "flight engineer". Further, ArchAngel sits in Santini's spot where the weapons and sensors are. From there, he can start the engines, he can fly the bird thru autopilot and, assuming, computer control, but there doesn't seem to be a stick there. Further, in "Inn at the End of the Road" when Hawke passes out, Santini tells 'Doc' in the side front seat to take over the controls.....which would seem to indicate that that is the co pilot spot.......but in the pilot, that was the ESM position.....which was later handled from the rear station.

As I said, the attention to detail in these shows is incredibly lacking. Actors calling the computer readout a Knox class destroyer when the screen clearly states a Charles Adams destroyer. SEPECAT Jaguars on take off that change into F-4's at altitude. I've come to expect such from Bellisario shows.
__________________________________________________ ___
("How's Airwolf?"--ArchAngel
"You know, that's the third time you've asked me that."--Hawke
"It's...just a simple question."--Morella
"Michael doesn't ask simple questions."--Hawke, (w,stte), Airwolf "Moffet's Ghost")

dalem
04 Mar 09,, 19:00
Of course, it helps to know the shows to avoid the false hits as with Whitmore, Jr..

Well then. I'll just remember not to bother trying next time. :)

-dale

Blue
04 Mar 09,, 21:51
It's W. K. Stratton, the only non screwup in BBBS 2 questions;

Do you have a pick of Stratton, I can't recall him. 2. What is BBBS?

dalem
04 Mar 09,, 22:44
2 questions;

Do you have a pick of Stratton, I can't recall him. 2. What is BBBS?

I think he was the tall blonde beanpole guy. BBBS would no doubt be Baa Baa Black Sheep.

-dale

Blue
04 Mar 09,, 23:32
I think he was the tall blonde beanpole guy. BBBS would no doubt be Baa Baa Black Sheep.

-dale AHHH-HAH! I know exactly who you are talking about now. BBBS gave it away. I think he was TJ(?), iirc.

dalem
04 Mar 09,, 23:57
I never watched Airwolf and I don't recall him in BSG. But if it's true, it's true.

-dale

Ironduke
05 Mar 09,, 01:32
And you are due several more with the episodes left to explain where they are coming from. I kinda think we know how it will end.:frown:
I think there's 3 episodes left, then maybe a TV movie to finish it all off?

At any rate, I do prefer my sci-fi to be darker and more naturalistic, for example stuff that's post-apocalyptic, dystopian, and/or military sci-fi. I never cared for Star Trek with its happy endings and social lessons. I feel that it always had a heavily socialist bent to it. My favorite sci-fi show without a doubt was Babylon 5. I also like BSG though at times I've had distaste for some of its moral relativism and episodes that failed to advance the plot (e.g. the recent one with the miscarriage of Tigh's child).

Tarek Morgen
05 Mar 09,, 07:22
Afaik, there'll be a TV movie called "The Pkan" showing the war from the Cylon perspective. Then there will be a prequel show called Caprica which is about the creation of the first cylons and there might be a feature movie somepoint in the future

SnowLeopard
05 Mar 09,, 09:16
AHHH-HAH! I know exactly who you are talking about now. BBBS gave it away. I think he was TJ(?), iirc.

This seems like a good place to comment for tonight.

"TJ" was Robert Ginty of The Exterminator movies. A decent actor in my book who is always worth a look. It's interesting how he can do such violence in those movies......and comedy in "Mad House".

Stratton was the blond stringbean in BBBS but it was Larry Casey. If I recall right, he was working in the office with Boyington when the latter took him under his wing to form his own squadron.

In BSG, in "Murder on the Rising Star", he was Frank Ashmore's Triad player partner and wingman. The latter's character, Ortega, got the laser blast. The former defended his association with him by saying that he was not his friend but rather, "I played with him because he wins, I flew with him because I was assigned." (or words to that effect).

In the Airwolf pilot movie, he was the weapons operator.

Now, on other things. I hope what was said about making a movie about the times before, of different viewpoints, was a joke, but if not .......

I've found that whenever they go back to retell when it has been told before, it tends to be a disaster. Why? Because they tend to change the history that fans already know and that burns some of them, like me. That's what it was about Enterprise. The opening scene and they aren't using fusion Klingons? Forget it! I only watched the first half hour and never again bothered with the show.

On Babylon V: okay but two things bugged me about it. First of all, with it's complexities, you had to watch it in order. You couldn't watch a show separetly and not come away with a feeling of watching a complete, good hour of entertainment. The other thing that bugged me about it was to me, Mr. C was rather stuck on himself. When he is using the exact lines that Sinclair used in the first episode, about the sun eventually dying and the need to spread out message, to me, that's being pretty stuck on yourself.

B V, boy wise? Garibaldi............and Bester. Girl wise? Ivanova.............and Lyta Alexander!

On classic Trek: loved ST:TOS better than TNG, DS9 over TNG, Voyager over DS9, and never bothered with Enterprise. For me, TNG's best season was the 2nd. It was estabished, it had a lot of good episodes. But after that, there were a lot of episodes that conflicted with what had been written before, decisions that should have gotten the Captain canned, things that emphasized that it was a civilian and not a military ship.

Loved Beverly Crusher as a person, but with her meddlesome concepts in work and getting things done, I think I would have ended up impaling her at some point. And I honestly believe that playing poker with Troi is an incredible concept of stupidity.

To me, TOS was like US foreign policy before Kissinger and TNG was it after Kissinger. TOS: The Captain out there on the frontier, he is like the ambassador in a foreign country where he alone must make the decisions. TNG, on the other hand, they get a problem and they warp an Admiral out to take charge, like these days when the SecState goes here and there to handle the problem. And Voyager, despite its failings just as 7of9, the Gilligan concept, reflected TOS. DS9 was also more like TOS, if limited.

Overall, boy wise: Sisko, McCoy, Scotty (between the two, they stock a pretty good bar), Pascal (TNG: 2nd season, Where Silence has Lease), Paris. Girl wise: Helen Noel (ST:TOS Dagger in the Mind), TNG: Sonya Gomez, Ensign Nagel (both 2nd season); DS9: Both Daxes. Voyager: Torres and a short oriental actress one sees on the bridge in "Death Wish" and "Tuvix".

That is one thing about the modern ST shows; the people they pick for the uncredited extras or the sacrificial lamb such as Pascal strike me as very impressive, competent, the kind you don't want to mess with. Ie, such as in Voyager "Death Wish" when Quinn is in the mess hall. There is an elder black science officer. No lines but you knew just by looking at him, he knew his stuff. Or the eye candy helm officers on TNG. Strikingly beautiful but extremely competent.

Ahhhh, going down memory lane....without the influence of active video which tends to ruin it.
("Mr. Garibaldi, I see in your mind, you have an image of me as a pinata. How nice that you see me as a presentation to children to deliver toys and candy. That makes me feel much better about our relationship."--Bester with Garibaldi on a stakeout with his own interpretation of Garibaldi's thoughts, (w,stte), "Babylon V")

pate
05 Mar 09,, 10:03
I lose.

xinhui
05 Mar 09,, 10:05
WoW, SnowLeopard, you must loooooooove that stuff.

Blue
05 Mar 09,, 16:13
Stratton was the blond stringbean in BBBS but it was Larry Casey. Yep, right guy, I just had the character wrong.

SL, You've been to a Trek convention haven't you? Be Honest.

Now............who did you dress up as?:biggrin:;)

SnowLeopard
06 Mar 09,, 08:31
Yep, right guy, I just had the character wrong.

SL, You've been to a Trek convention haven't you? Be Honest.

Now............who did you dress up as?:biggrin:;)

Trek Convention? No, never. San Marcon at times, but never really in costume, just working and enjoying things. Aggiecon a time or two or so a score ago, but being in the Corps, I really couldn't be anyone. In a party afterwards, I was something like Star Wars Imperial Security. A decade later at a sci fi party, I was something like Romulian Security with a girl friend...... but that's only because the lazar tag pistols we had look like Romulian weapons.

These days, I'm more of a Rennie but even with that, I'm slowly going native.

On other things, about knowing so much about this stuff, it is just the way my mind works. Growing up, my parents would criticize me that I could remember tv shows near perfectly but not so with my homework. But having been in intelligence and accident investigation, I've come to learn that it is that kind of mind which is the best for this kind of work. Structured, able to store things in a frame work, and consider possible paths from that frame work. I can go into detail about accident case histories that I was taught 30 years ago.
("You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!"--Shatner at Convention, (w,stte), "SNL")

Blue
06 Mar 09,, 15:57
Trek Convention? No, never. San Marcon at times, but never really in costume, just working and enjoying things. Aggiecon a time or two or so a score ago, What are those?

I am a really big trek, stargate, bsg fan. Trek mostly. I would actually like to go to one of those conventions just to see whats up. I have seen youtube vids of them, looks like fun. (Could never bring myself to go in costume though!)

I never buy comics but I really like when they make comics into live action movies. Batman, superman, X-men, Hulk, spidey, all great. I would really like to see Spawn II get made. I find it very relaxing to watch. Total waste of time watching it, but so what. I think watchmen is going to be really good. Never heard of the comic, but the movie looks cool.

Donnie
07 Mar 09,, 03:37
i love BSG, it is one of the few shows that actually have thought behind it, even though their attempt at social relevance is over the top.

oh and what the hell is kara Thrace?

SnowLeopard
07 Mar 09,, 06:44
What are those?

I am a really big trek, stargate, bsg fan. Trek mostly. I would actually like to go to one of those conventions just to see whats up. I have seen youtube vids of them, looks like fun. (Could never bring myself to go in costume though!)

I never buy comics but I really like when they make comics into live action movies. Batman, superman, X-men, Hulk, spidey, all great. I would really like to see Spawn II get made. I find it very relaxing to watch. Total waste of time watching it, but so what. I think watchmen is going to be really good. Never heard of the comic, but the movie looks cool.

Aggiecon is the sci fi convention at TAMU. San Marcon was the one at SWTSU.

Not too crazy about comic books into live action, beyond batman and superman. I don't know why, why not if not two, why not more, but I'm not.

Personally, comic book wise, my hero is Adam Strange.
__________________________________________________ ___
("Oratory? What is that?"--KGB chief in a Anglo-Soviet briefing, (w,stte), "The Spy Who Loved Me")

YellowFever
07 Mar 09,, 10:33
After watching this week's episode, I'm not so sure I want to watch the last three hours left on the show.

I have this strange feeling that I'm going to be hugely dissapointed.

***** SPOIILER ALERT*********SPOILER ALERT*********

In this weeks episode, we got to see:

1) The pres and Adama light up a joint in sick bay for "medicinal" purposes.

2) Starbuck telling Baltar her deepest darkest secret while taking a crap. (with the sound of her urinating to boot)

3) Adama telling Helo that no, he cannot take a Raptor to go look for his daughter as it's a suicide mission and he will not condone a suicide mission.

4) Adama asking for volunteers for a suicide mission in next weeks trailer.

5) Adama breaking down in his cabin for the upteenth time while crying like a little girl.

I'm seriously contemplating forgoing the last two episode and just dropping this series altogether.

Can someone just tell me how it ends so I don't have to watch this crap anymore???

SnowLeopard
07 Mar 09,, 12:37
After watching this week's episode, I'm not so sure I want to watch the last three hours left on the show.

I have this strange feeling that I'm going to be hugely dissapointed.

In this weeks episode, we got to see:......

Remember, please, the topic is not about an active show .....but you are talking about an active show. What was said above without warning is known as spoilers. For the benefit of our studio audience at home, it is polite to give notice if you are going to talk about a recent show which they might not yet have seen.
("If you'd like to be a contestant on The Running Man, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to ICS Talent Hunt, care of your local affiliate, and then go out and do something really despicable!"--voiceover, (wtte), "The Running Man")

YellowFever
08 Mar 09,, 05:22
Remember, please, the topic is not about an active show .....but you are talking about an active show. What was said above without warning is known as spoilers. For the benefit of our studio audience at home, it is polite to give notice if you are going to talk about a recent show which they might not yet have seen.

Ooops..sorry..
You're right.

I fixed it. :biggrin:

Blue
21 Mar 09,, 05:14
Well, its over. I thought it was brilliant. Now #1 on my sci-fi list.:)

Donnie
21 Mar 09,, 05:58
Well, its over. I thought it was brilliant. Now #1 on my sci-fi list.:)

i missed the damn show i have to wait another 10 minuts to see it now

Blue
21 Mar 09,, 06:14
i missed the damn show i have to wait another 10 minuts to see it now Grab a beer and enjoy!!

Inst
21 Mar 09,, 06:16
What the hell is Kara Thrace?

Also, ffs, this was a horrible deus ex machina ending. Horrible horrible horrible.

Blue
21 Mar 09,, 06:22
What the hell is Kara Thrace?
Not until everyone has seen it.
But if you have seen it and don't know, study some theology. Its all there. ;)

Inst
21 Mar 09,, 07:28
So, I can start bitching about the awfulness of the ending in about a week?

Donnie
21 Mar 09,, 07:32
i dont know, theres about an hour left, and this is way more like what made me watch it to begin with.

Blue
22 Mar 09,, 08:50
So, I can start bitching about the awfulness of the ending in about a week?
I think everyone that cares has seen it now...go ahead and bitch..:biggrin:

dalem
22 Mar 09,, 20:54
I only caught the last half hour, but here's my blog post on it:

Linkydinky. (http://menrnotspuds.blogspot.com/2009/03/soap-opera-galactica-ist-kaput-here.html)

There're spoilers in it.

-dale

Donnie
23 Mar 09,, 04:03
i loved the first hour, it was all the stuff that got me watching it start with.

Ironduke
10 Apr 09,, 05:47
I only caught the last half hour, but here's my blog post on it:

Linkydinky. (http://menrnotspuds.blogspot.com/2009/03/soap-opera-galactica-ist-kaput-here.html)

There're spoilers in it.

-dale
I missed the last several episodes. Lost interest. Lame ending.

Dale, why don't you post more of those bloggings on the site? Interesting stuff.

You lived in Russia?

dalem
10 Apr 09,, 05:54
I missed the last several episodes. Lost interest. Lame ending.

Dale, why don't you post more of those bloggings on the site? Interesting stuff.

You lived in Russia?

I wish! That's my blog partner/co-host "Meataxe". Far smarter and more interesting than I am - I'm "Atom Smasher".

-dale