Tragic way to Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragic way to Die

Just a couple of days ago my wife's co-workers husband and son were riding their snowmobiles in a group on a lake about 100 ks North of Kingston when they all ran into open water late at night. Some of the group who didn,t plunge into the water jumped in to help out those who did and all escaped except the father who stayed in thinking his son was still in the water. It is assumed he was dragged under the ice. I have to take the wife to the service and I am not sure I even want to go. Knowing the son blames himself for this really makes it hard and I,m afraid I,m the one who,s going to crack up. Man this sucks but I know I will have to take her. I don,t even know why I,m saying all this stuff,but I guess I just had to get it off my chest. No cheers today.

God Bless and my condolences to the family. I hope God will embrace the departed and comfort those burdened.

You take of yourself, my good man.

Comment

Deeply sorry to hear that, man, thats a tragedy. You have to do what you have to do, just be strong big bro. My condolences to the family, R.I.P to a great father, and god bless

Comment

My condolences.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Ex'..if you don't go you will forever wonder why and you may not like the answer. At the moment this is the most difficult decision you will make, not for your wife but for you. Your wife feels, as a co-worker and a friend, to show support to the Family, and to say farewell to a colleague. On the day of the funeral your wife will be the one who will need your full support. She will be distressed and you will be distressed for her. Your fear is not the funeral but the reaction and sadness your wife is going to feel. You are thinking are you going to be strong enough for your wife and that is the reason for your feelings at this moment in time...... Don't bottle your feeling up, a problem shared is a problem halved. WABbers are here to help and we rally round in times such as this...so talk away.

Comment

I wish we all can exist without life kicking us in the nuts every once in a while, but that just isn't the case. It is times like this when it is good to have family and friends to support us in time of need. Take care.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

My condolences, Ex stay strong.

Tony
              Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

I feel for you. But support is the best thing you can do for your wife now. You’ll have to be by her side as best you can.

Sorry for the loss. Take care.

Nebula82.

Comment

Well, it was the saddest thing I ever witnessed.Pretty much the whole town of Battersea showed up for the wake. A six and a seven year old boy were standing stoically beside their big brother at the foot of dad,s casket. Beside the boys were six of the fathers brothers and sisters, red eyed with looks of disbelief on their faces. As we approached the tiny widow,she put her arms around my wife and as they wept together(there went the dry eyes)I realized I had made the right decision to accompany my woman(all you guys who suggested I go were right of course),many thanks to you. I think I picked up a little humanity today. Anyway,time to move on. I,m going to knock down a few shots of Crown Royal and watch the Leafs tonight with my son. Cheers.

Comment

Well done Sir, you know you did the right thing, there was no question about you not going. Enjoy the Crown Royal.

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate. May God give you and the family the strength to bear this loss.

Comment

Exarecr,
                        Stay strong and hold your head high. The lady might be requiring a strong shoulder and you just can't let her down. My condolences to the berieved family.
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Working...
                        X