Canadian Government backs Quebec Separatists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Government backs Quebec Separatists

The Plains of Abraham.They did what their huge army couldn't,t ever do against the English in Canada.....win. A handful of mouthy,loud separatists have forced the Canadian Government to roll it,s tail up between it,s legs in political terror and cancel a reenactment 4 years in the planning. Never mind the lost millions of tourist dollars this would have brought to Quebec. Never mind the thousands of reenactors from all over North America who give up their time to showcase history. This is all about the new great Canadian love of one word. Revisionism.It sounds sexy. It almost rolls off the tongue in French like fluidity. More importantly,it allows the provocateur,s to alter history to the mood of the region in question. Other shows depicting this famous English victory against overwhelming odds that ended French aspirations in all of North America have gone off without a hitch. Why all of a sudden,is there this act of mock outrage over historical fact. Kind of like the new Louis Riel day in Manitoba celebrating treason and lawlessness. Stay tuned for the next great Canadian debate....Vimy Ridge. Lawless Canadian invaders attack and destroy German hilltop full of day care centres. This Country makes me sick sometimes.

I don't know why we even allow these dimrods to even have a political party. After the "Quebec or Canada" votes there should've been a clause if "Canada" won there would be no "for Quebec" political party.

Canada - Freedom for everyone, including morons who don't deserve it.

Comment

The damn French again.

Comment

This must be the first time I heard of a reenactment being canceled because the losers got sore. Say what you will about those Dixie ****ers, at least they don't stoop to that level.

Comment

Come to America and have it, that would make the french really mad!

Comment

Urgh, they're just being bitter and childish about this whole thing.

Listen, Quebec, some 250 years ago: YOU LOST! We won, and were magnanimous enough to let you keep your religion, language and culture. A little thanks would be nice. But get this through your thick skulls: YOU LOST. Two words: YOU LOST. It's just that simple, YOU LOST. And no amount of bitching, complaining, revisionism and political correctness is going to change the fact that YOU LOST. Germany lost the World Wars, and that defeat was both more recent and much more humiliating, and you don't see them complaining about it.

And as long as we're talking about the French, i'd like to send a message to the spirit of Charles de Gaulle: That 'Vive le Quebec libre' thing? Not okay

Comment

The other side of the coin. Without Quebec, we would have voted for or against Obama. Had it not been for the French-Canadians in two wars, the American War of Independence and the War of 1812.

Canada was borned on the Plains of Abraham but the French-Canadians proven themselves Canadians at Quebec City and Châteauguay.

I would also like to remind the Canadian members here that French-Canadian regiments have proud battle honours. Maybe you don't like the fact that they cancelled the re-enactment. I know I don't want the history ignored but the French-Canadians have more than earned that right with their own blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                The other side of the coin. Without Quebec, we would have voted for or against Obama. Had it not been for the French-Canadians in two wars, the American War of Independence and the War of 1812.

Canada was borned on the Plains of Abraham but the French-Canadians proven themselves Canadians at Quebec City and Châteauguay.

I would also like to remind the Canadian members here that French-Canadian regiments have proud battle honours. Maybe you don't like the fact that they cancelled the re-enactment. I know I don't want the history ignored but the French-Canadians have more than earned that right with their own blood.
                The guys I like are the Van Doos (Apologies if I have mis-spelt). Many a time in Germany (Paderborn) we came across them, and all they wanted to do was fight, damn good fighters. Then again bumped into them again in BATUS (Suffield, Canada), and ofcourse they still wanted to fight.

Wonder how they get along looking like ours Guards (Bear Skins etc.) and having the HM Queen as their Colonel-in-Cheif!

Proud guys too.:)

Comment

Originally posted by HoratioNelson View Post
                  Urgh, they're just being bitter and childish about this whole thing.

Listen, Quebec, some 250 years ago: YOU LOST! We won, and were magnanimous enough to let you keep your religion, language and culture. A little thanks would be nice. But get this through your thick skulls: YOU LOST. Two words: YOU LOST. It's just that simple, YOU LOST. And no amount of bitching, complaining, revisionism and political correctness is going to change the fact that YOU LOST. Germany lost the World Wars, and that defeat was both more recent and much more humiliating, and you don't see them complaining about it.

And as long as we're talking about the French, i'd like to send a message to the spirit of Charles de Gaulle: That 'Vive le Quebec libre' thing? Not okay
                  Wow......talk about extreme. Talk like that would only strengthen the will of French-Canadians to get the **** out of the country (aka separate) and away from people like you

Comment

Freedom of speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
                      Freedom of speech.
                      What's that got to do with anything, nobody said what he said can't or shouldn't be said, I was just pointing out what I thought about what he said and how it could affect someone(s).

Comment

The guys I like are the Van Doos (Apologies if I have mis-spelt).
                        They're offically the Royal 22e Regiment (Van Doos).

Many a time in Germany (Paderborn) we came across them, and all they wanted to do was fight, damn good fighters. Then again bumped into them again in BATUS (Suffield, Canada), and ofcourse they still wanted to fight.
                        Which means one of three things

1) You don't have any money that they could win.
                        2) You're better poker players than they are.
                        3) You could outdrink them.

In any of those situations, they try to fight their way into more beer.

Wonder how they get along looking like ours Guards (Bear Skins etc.) and having the HM Queen as their Colonel-in-Cheif!
                        It's their regt dress and HM Queen received the regiment's honours and they were also the Honour Guard at Buckingham for a spell.

Proud guys too.:)
                        I did not like to be around them Parade day after they outdrank the Americans, especially American Marines.

Comment

Earned the right with their own blood....Good grief man, the couple of Regiments Quebec contributed were well below....far below what the French population should have,could have contributed. They scream the most,hence they get the most from the Feds. Spoiled brats is to nice a term. Drive in Quebec with Ontario plates and see how the Quebecois go out of their way to ignore,or give wrong directions as a matter of pride. Sorry dude, but I refuse to walk on egg-shells in my own Country just because something offends Quebec. Tough sh....t I say. How about Quebec cleaning up it,s own social back yard, before they presume they have the right to dictate what is best for the rest of Canada. This crap is worse than the never-endum referendum.

Comment

Yes, damned good grief. One third of our people in uniform came from Quebec. Val Cartier was our staging point. Aside from Ontario, they contributed more men than any other province. They did their share.

Nobody is asking you to walk on egg shells. They have the right to refuse anything that they don't want. We gave them that right. You gave them that right. Or your time in uniform meant nothing. With the freedom to choose is also the freedom to refuse. However, you also have the freedom to bitch and moan about it.

As for the Ontario plate thing, how about going the other direction? See how fast you get ignored in Alberta.

The thing is that being jackasses and being stupid are also rights.
                            Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 19 Feb 09,, 14:17.

Comment

Yes, damned good grief. One third of our people in uniform came from Quebec. Val Cartier was our staging point. Aside from Ontario, they contributed more men than any other province. They did their share.

Nobody is asking you to walk on egg shells. They have the right to refuse anything that they don't want. We gave them that right. You gave them that right. Or your time in uniform meant nothing. With the freedom to choose is also the freedom to refuse. However, you also have the freedom to bitch and moan about it.

As for the Ontario plate thing, how about going the other direction? See how fast you get ignored in Alberta.

The thing is that being jackasses and being stupid are also rights.
                              My time in uniform is none of your business,this is my opinion buddy. Nor did I at any point demean French fighting qualities. If you live in Canada you know damn well how pampered and historically challenged Quebecer,s are. Insulting Albertans is rather silly to.I drove my Ontario plated car everywhere and was treated well. What are you saying. If they don,t live next to Quebec, or don,t believe the French won on the plains of Abraham they are all Quebec hating rednecks ? Dude, just because you have a lot of posts dosn,t make you automatically right,it just means you have a lot of posts. Nor does it give you the right to imply my opinion is any less relevant than your own. If you listen carefully,you will hear the crunching of egg shells as I walk away from some stupid comment about jackasses. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X