PDA

View Full Version : Football

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 12:54
England plays a friendly tonight against Spain , and the manager in his wisdom has put BECKHAM in the team :confused:, well i hope his decision is justified .:rolleyes:

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 13:09
M. Upson, W. Bridge ,P. Crouch ,P. Jagielka ,C. Cole, J. Milner, R. Green, J. Hart, A. Young
Not a very impressing bench for England either :)

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 13:11
M. Upson, W. Bridge ,P. Crouch ,P. Jagielka ,C. Cole, J. Milner, R. Green, J. Hart, A. Young

:redface:

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 13:23
Betting 21/20 Spain 21/10 Draw 14/5 England

I have bet 10 Euros on a draw. Wasted money ? :tongue:

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 13:27
Betting 21/20 Spain 21/10 Draw 14/5 England

I have bet 10 Euros on a draw. Wasted money ? :tongue:

Im not a betting guy Gabriel , but i have to go with my heart on this , c,mon Englaaaaaaaaaaaaaand :biggrin:

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 13:33
I never bet when Romania is playing...
Brings bad luck :mad: and is very hard to be objective...:)

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 13:42
I never bet when Romania is playing...
Brings bad luck :mad: and is very hard to be objective...:)

Good move ,,, i wouldnt bet on Romania either:tongue:

Knaur Amarsh
11 Feb 09,, 13:44
Good move ,,, i wouldnt bet on Romania either:tongue:

:biggrin::biggrin:

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 13:52
:biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin:K/A and i deffo wont bet on yours either (if i was a betting man that is ;)):biggrin:

Structure of the game in India

The game in India is administered by the All India Football Federation (AIFF), which is affiliated to the regional Asian Football Confederation, as well as to the worldwide body FIFA. The Indian national team has entered into the regional Asian Cup competition as well as the World Cup. The Indian women's national team has also played in various competitions. Youth football is administered by the governmental Sports Authority of India.

The game is also administered at state levels by state football associations, some of which predate the AIFF. The Indian Football Association, which is responsible for the game in the state of West Bengal, used to be in de-facto charge of the game in India before they pushed for the creation of a national body in association with other state associations.

The standard of Indian football (compared globally) is poor - the national team is ranked past 100th place in the world, and is said to struggle to qualify for both the World Cup and the Asian Cup. Part of this has been put down to the lack of opportunities for proper training and development of players in the country.

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 13:59
You mean against Croatia ? :rolleyes:
We just have to wait and see..:)

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 14:01
You mean against Croatia ? :rolleyes:
We just have to wait and see..:)

No i mean PERIOD :biggrin:

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 14:12
We did play against Italy, France and Netherlands.
England stayed home. Period. ;)

Knaur Amarsh
11 Feb 09,, 14:18
:biggrin:K/A and i deffo wont bet on yours either (if i was a betting man that is ;)):biggrin:

I wouldn't either, but we are ranked 148th , ahead of several important teams like Mauritania, Netherlands Antilles, Malta, Djibouti etc

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 14:21
I wouldn't either, but we are ranked 148th , ahead of several important teams like Mauritania, Netherlands Antilles, Malta, Djibouti etc

:cool:

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 17:03
We did play against Italy, France and Netherlands.
England stayed home. Period. ;)

:tongue:

Blackleaf
11 Feb 09,, 18:03
England plays a friendly tonight against Spain , and the manager in his wisdom has put BECKHAM in the team :confused:, well i hope his decision is justified .:rolleyes:

The same manager whose decisions have made England unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers so far and given England their best string of results since 1971.

So I wouldn't question Capello's wisdon.

Capello has said he only chooses people on merit, and not just for reasons such as giving them their 108th cap to equal the record held by an outfield England player held by 1966 World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore.

He refused to play Beckham when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November because I think he wasn't playing many games for Los Angeles Galaxy then. But, now that he's playing regularly for AC Milan, Capello thinks he's getting enough games in to be able to play tonight.

If Capello thinks Beckham is fit enough and is playing regularly for his club then he should be allowed to play for his country.

Blackleaf
11 Feb 09,, 18:11

Maybe you should do some research on these players before saying the bench is not impressive.

Phil Jagielka has been in impressive form for his club Everton in recent months and is quickly proving himself to be one of the best defenders in England.

Carlton Cole has scored 8 goals on 22 appearances for West Ham so far this season, not a bad record. If he plays tonight he will be making his England debut.

Matthew Upson was probably the best player on the field when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November and has also been in outstanding form for his club West Ham.

These are all young players just starting to make their way into the England team and it is good that we are having these young English players coming through. England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 18:14
Maybe you should do some research on these players before saying the bench is not impressive.

Phil Jagielka has been in impressive form for his club Everton in recent months and is quickly proving himself to be one of the best defenders in England.

Carlton Cole has scored 8 goals on 22 appearances for West Ham so far this season, not a bad record. If he plays tonight he will be making his England debut.

Matthew Upson was probably the best player on the field when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November and has also been in outstanding form for his club West Ham.

These are all young players just starting to make their way into the England team and it is good that we are having these young English players coming through. England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.

hence my reply

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 18:18
The same manager whose decisions have made England unbeaten in the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers so far and given England their best string of results since 1971.

So I wouldn't question Capello's wisdon.

Capello has said he only chooses people on merit, and not just for reasons such as giving them their 108th cap to equal the record held by an outfield England player held by 1966 World Cup-winning captain Bobby Moore.

He refused to play Beckham when England beat Germany 2-1 in Munich in November because I think he wasn't playing many games for Los Angeles Galaxy then. But, now that he's playing regularly for AC Milan, Capello thinks he's getting enough games in to be able to play tonight.

If Capello thinks Beckham is fit enough and is playing regularly for his club then he should be allowed to play for his country.

Couldnt agree more ref capello,s record , but im not and never have been a Beckham fan , but i will doubt his wisdom for placing beckham back in the squad ,IMO he,s past it , Hopefully B/F i will be proved wrong ;)Which is why i said i hope he justifies his managers thoughts about him in my 1st post

Oh by the way havent England had the easiest group of quals to play in ?.

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 18:25
[QUOTE=Blackleaf;61185 England, and every other team, can't keep on fielding older players for too long. We need new players coming through.[/QUOTE]

Which is why i said why play Beckham .Its a friendly , try out new faces , give em a go .

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 21:55
Romania - Croatia 1-2 :mad:
Eduardo played for 30 min providing the pass for Kranjcar goal.
The Croatian subs proved to be better than ours.

Good luck England against Spain.

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 11:40
Romania - Croatia 1-2 :mad:
Eduardo played for 30 min providing the pass for Kranjcar goal.
The Croatian subs proved to be better than ours.

Good luck England against Spain.

Ah well , Beckham = Booby Moores record of 108 caps , the news today is all about prima donna Beckham getting his 108 , came on as a sub contributed nothing except one pass , alongside the rest of the most highly paid players in the world , some of them earn about 140.000 pounds a week ? But a good achievement for him anyway , well done .

Oh yes England got beat 2 0 , :mad: Bang goes Capello,s record then . Still it was only a FRIENDLY :rolleyes:

dave lukins
12 Feb 09,, 12:07
Still it was only a FRIENDLY :rolleyes:

No such a thing! I never played anything friendly in my time. As for Beckham's 108..:frown: ..You should only be capped if you play the FULL game.

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 12:35
No such a thing! I never played anything friendly in my time. As for Beckham's 108..:frown: ..You should only be capped if you play the FULL game.

Yea i saw you bust that officers shin with your hockey bat :biggrin:

snowhole
12 Feb 09,, 13:38
Ah well , Beckham = Booby Moores record of 108 caps , the news today is all about prima donna Beckham getting his 108 , came on as a sub contributed nothing except one pass , alongside the rest of the most highly paid players in the world , some of them earn about 140.000 pounds a week ? But a good achievement for him anyway , well done .

Oh yes England got beat 2 0 , :mad: Bang goes Capello,s record then . Still it was only a FRIENDLY :rolleyes:

I do think Beckham was the best English player on the pitch in the 2nd half. Anyway it's not the strongest England squad, with Rooney and Gerard out injured, and the centre defenders didn't do a good job either. Where's Ferdinand? Injured as well?

But England needs a decent Goalkeeper imho, they haven't got one in years. The only cheers for James were from the Spanish in the pub, 'Go James! For España!'. James and Green were no match with Casillas and Reina.

Btw, it's nice to see English fans applauding for Villa when he got substituted by Silva and for Marchena when he ruled out the shot from C. Cole.

Steezy
12 Feb 09,, 14:50
****ing media in this country is *******s, it seems like they all care about Beckham equalling Moore's record, even though it's no way near because when you look at it on a minutes-per-cap basis, Moore is easily ahead, most of Beckhams "caps" weren't even full ones. Also, am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)

Anyway, despite the 2-0 defeat, which is obvious considering how in form Spain are and how we're still a good way from being an excellent team (give it time) - Still some positives from the game, that and the defence wasn't exactly our first team defence.

dave lukins
12 Feb 09,, 16:34
am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)

He is the most overrated player and has been for years, and there are plenty of 'experts' who will say so. He never lets anyone tackle him..the ball is passes as soon as anyone is within 5 yds. Have you ever seen him dribble passed 3-4 players and score..Any headed goals of late? Did he get yellow carded again..oops yes he did;) He came off and gave an interview and it looked like he'd ran the marathon..45 minutes and he's knackered(and capped) We need a Manager with balls enough to say enough is enough for quite a few of these Prima Donnas.

snowhole
12 Feb 09,, 16:39
Maybe Walcott will do some wonders when he recovers from injury?

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 16:52
****ing media in this country is *******s, it seems like they all care about Beckham equalling Moore's record, even though it's no way near because when you look at it on a minutes-per-cap basis, Moore is easily ahead, most of Beckhams "caps" weren't even full ones. Also, am I the only one that thinks he is massively overrated or what? Just because he is playing average instead of sub par, people are talking about how he is "back" etc.. no, this guy is not ****ing Zidane, or even Gerrard (when he plays for Liverpool)

Anyway, despite the 2-0 defeat, which is obvious considering how in form Spain are and how we're still a good way from being an excellent team (give it time) - Still some positives from the game, that and the defence wasn't exactly our first team defence.

Why do you beat about the bush mate ,just say what you mean ,;)no your not the only one who thinks he,s overated ,and why play Calamity Jane in goal again , he may be doing ok for his club , but not when he plays for England .

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 21:19
He is the most overrated player and has been for years, and there are plenty of 'experts' who will say so. He never lets anyone tackle him..the ball is passes as soon as anyone is within 5 yds. Have you ever seen him dribble passed 3-4 players and score..Any headed goals of late? Did he get yellow carded again..oops yes he did;) He came off and gave an interview and it looked like he'd ran the marathon..45 minutes and he's knackered(and capped) We need a Manager with balls enough to say enough is enough for quite a few of these Prima Donnas.

Wont happen Dave , the F/A chooses the team , not the manger thats why we have had so many changes of manager IMO, what changes have been made to the team ( serious ones ) since Erikson , f### all , and its the reason the likes of beckham are always picked , old MANURE player , another overated club who think they are better than everyone else , whinge at the drop of a hat and always demand extra time when losing, i wish the F/A would play like the yank system ,, STOP THE CLOCK and play a full 90 minutes , throw ins , when the primas are rollingabour severely disabled and then 2 minuteslater running round like a cheetah etc etc, when the ball is out of play ,sure added time is given ,but stop the clock and do away with the added time making sure a full 90 is played , and also use TV to make decisions , instant replay , then when the Lampard sending offhappened , with replay it would not have , and maybe Chelsea would not have lost points .

Kernow
12 Feb 09,, 21:21
I find it hilarious how you guys get all het up about football, its just a game after all, far to over rated, players are paid far to much, the English players have no pride in playing for England. Football players cheat (pretend to fall, wriggle around on the ground in pretend agong), foul mouthed, indisciplined, and they kiss and hug each when they score, real sissy sport. Stick Ronnie in a Rugby Union side or League, in the Pack, see how long he lasts. Get him to swear at the ref, watch him walk.

England will never be as good as they were in the 60s', the Girlies we have now have now heart, no pride, they sulk too much. Oh, and I agree Beckham should only get a cap if he completes up to 99% of a game.

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 21:26
I find it hilarious how you guys get all het up about football, its just a game after all, far to over rated, players are paid far to much, the English players have no pride in playing for England. Football players cheat (pretend to fall, wriggle around on the ground in pretend agong), foul mouthed, indisciplined, and they kiss and hug each when they score, real sissy sport. Stick Ronnie in a Rugby Union side or League, in the Pack, see how long he lasts. Get him to swear at the ref, watch him walk.

England will never be as good as they were in the 60s', the Girlies we have now have now heart, no pride, they sulk too much. Oh, and I agree Beckham should only get a cap if he completes up to 99% of a game.

You getting het up C/A sheeeesh :rolleyes: its not a game anymore mate , its a business , and i agree with all you say about our glorious ga , oops business ;)

Kernow
12 Feb 09,, 22:00
I don't mean to offend anyone, it just makes my blood boil when I watch these so called professionals turn out for their Country.

tankie
12 Feb 09,, 22:12
You aint insulted me mate , your right, as pros when we turned out for our country and werent pros people got killed , especially when the other pros thought they were ;)

Kernow
12 Feb 09,, 23:51
I think Footballers pay should based on performance and results i.e. Give them a basic wage and top it up with results and trophies won; the same when representing their Country i.e. 2,000 per week, reach the quater finals another 2,000 each, reach the semis, 4,000 each, get to the finals lets say 6,000 each and if you win the final a nice big bonus.

snowhole
12 Feb 09,, 23:57
Are they really getting paid for playing for national teams? I thought only clubs pay them salaries as it's their jobs, and when they put on national shirts it's all volunteer effort (if they win or achieve something big they'll get a bonus, of course). :confused:

Kernow
13 Feb 09,, 00:02
No they get paid a bucket full of money to play for their Country, or so I'm led to believe. Football doesn't 'Float my Boat'.

I believe that the salary package for the England squad per game is approximately 1 million.

Knaur Amarsh
13 Feb 09,, 00:57
Are they really getting paid for playing for national teams? I thought only clubs pay them salaries as it's their jobs, and when they put on national shirts it's all volunteer effort (if they win or achieve something big they'll get a bonus, of course). :confused:

If it were like that, then a lot of people wouldn't bother playing for the national squad.

snowhole
13 Feb 09,, 03:02
No they get paid a bucket full of money to play for their Country, or so I'm led to believe. Football doesn't 'Float my Boat'.

I believe that the salary package for the England squad per game is approximately 1 million.

I found this. They get a relatively small 'match fee' as salary for playing for their national team, but get more (probably much more) from sponsors.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article1907151.ece

It would not be technically accurate to say that they will represent their country for nothing because they will still be rewarded for commercial work on behalf of the FA’s sponsors, but it will be the first time in the national team’s history that the match fees – £750 for a defeat, £1,000 for a draw, £1,500 for a win – will have been put to good causes.

tankie
13 Feb 09,, 11:16
Good link S/H , well done to the players .

snowhole
18 Feb 09,, 18:33
This kid is... I donno what to say... Just watch...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW9wpOYrtWE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XW9wpOYrtWE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steve Wilson wrote in Daily Telegraph:
Let's just hope there isn't a six-year-old Marco Materazzi out there lying in wait.

LOL

gabriel
18 Feb 09,, 18:41
This kid is... I donno what to say... Just watch...

very impressive :eek:

snowhole
25 Feb 09,, 00:46
Anyone lost money tonight? :rolleyes:

snowhole
25 Feb 09,, 22:28
Great. Old Madrid loses in Champions League again.

snowhole
27 Feb 09,, 03:02
Lagging story but still interesting.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/mikenorrish/blog/2009/02/16/stupid_cupid_the_streaker_who_ended_coventrys_chan ce_for_romance

Stupid Cupid: the streaker who ended Coventry's chance for romance
Posted By: Mike Norrish at Feb 16, 2009 at 09:49:00 [General]
Posted in: Sport , The Championship , The Championship , Football
Tags:
Coventry City, FA Cup, Michael Doyle, streaker

Few things in sport are more annoying than a male streaker.

http://bbs.hoopchina.com/attachment/Mon_0902/152_53439_36d8b806d6dcf13.jpg
A certain romance: Streaker offered roses to players

A giggle, no doubt, if it's your mate whose snow-white beer belly is splashed across national newspapers.

But in reality, a frustrating and ridiculous distraction, and especially so at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday.

Stupid Cupid, as he has been dubbed, 'celebrated' Valentine's Day by running onto the pitch during Coventry's FA Cup tie with Blackburn.

Complete with bow and arrow, Cupid spread roses around the pitch before the stewards grabbed him.

No harm done? Not according to Coventry's Michael Doyle, who reckoned the Blackburn fan ended up costing City a place in the sixth round.

The delay prompted referee Steve Tanner to play five minutes of added time, which was just long enough for Christopher Samba to score a last-ditch equaliser and earn Rovers a 2-2 draw.

"We could have done without him," admitted Doyle. "If he hadn't come on, we'd have seen out the three minutes added time for all the subs."

Cupid's streak wasn't Coventry only slice of bad luck at the weekend after a bout of food poisoning - caused by dodgy seafood - decimated Chris Coleman's squad before the match.

So much for the romance of the Cup...

BTW, he got dumped by his gf immediately after this.

snowhole
05 Mar 09,, 16:21
Most innovative freekick I've ever seen :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPSYiXzEAGI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPSYiXzEAGI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Steezy
05 Mar 09,, 18:40
Most innovative freekick I've ever seen :eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPSYiXzEAGI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPSYiXzEAGI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's rubbish defending. As soon as the second man flicked the ball up, the wall should've come rushing out and blocked the volley. Poor defence/wall is the major contributor to this goal. It was a sweetly hit volley though, and not something you see everyday, but mainly because any defence/wall with half a brain would just rush it and block it.

gabriel
05 Mar 09,, 18:44
That's rubbish defending. As soon as the second man flicked the ball up, the wall should've come rushing out and blocked the volley. Poor defence/wall is the major contributor to this goal. It was a sweetly hit volley though, and not something you see everyday, but mainly because any defence/wall with half a brain would just rush it and block it.
Than you better keep watching the Italian championship...:P

Walking Dead
05 Mar 09,, 23:49
I thought you guys were discussing real football.:))

gabriel
06 Mar 09,, 00:38
I thought you guys were discussing real football.:))

What you call football is just rugby with 20 kg of protective gear.:tongue:

snowhole
10 Mar 09,, 23:34
Luckily, saved myself from humiliation by deciding not going to Anfield.

gabriel
10 Mar 09,, 23:38
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Luckily, saved myself from humiliation by deciding not going to Anfield.

tankie
11 Mar 09,, 00:01
L/Pool were awesome against a very mediocre Real Madrid , great result , 4 ,0, i hope they stuff Man U next .:biggrin:

snowhole
11 Mar 09,, 00:35
Ever heard of the Real Madrid Law of Champions League? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Those who eliminates Real Madrid shall not win the Champions League. Those who eliminates the team that eliminates Real Madrid shall win the Champions League.

02-03 Juventus eliminated RM, A.C.Milan eliminated Juventus, Milan won the CL.
03-04 A.S.Monaco eliminated RM, Porto eliminated Monaco, Porto won the CL.
04-05 Juventus eliminated RM, Liverpool eliminated Juventus, Liverpool won the CL.
05-06 Arsenal eliminated RM, Barcelona eliminated Arsenal, Barcelona won the CL.
06-07 Bayern Munich eliminated RM, A.C.Milan eliminated Bayern, Milan won the CL.
07-08 A.S.Roma eliminated RM, Manchester United eliminated Roma, Man U won the CL.

Kernow
11 Mar 09,, 01:40
What you call football is just rugby with 20 kg of protective gear.:tongue:

But not as brutal. ;)

tinymarae
11 Mar 09,, 03:58
But not as brutal. ;)

along with zillion dollar salaries ;)

Steamer
11 Mar 09,, 22:29
Just saw this thread, Tankie, ???? whats that mean then??????, as for England the only Engalnd team I would support would be an Engalnd boxing team, football don`t make me laugh, all a bunch of overpaid drama queens, too many foreginers in our game for me, including the managers, thats why England are, and will be rubbish for years to come, now if they had the occasional proper boxing match during a game I might be persuaded to watch

tankie
14 Mar 09,, 17:45
L/Pool were awesome against a very mediocre Real Madrid , great result , 4 ,0, i hope they stuff Man U next .:biggrin:

Whhoooo hoooooooo Rooney forever blue , qouted , we will send L/Pool back to the gutter , hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MANURE 1 ,,,, LIVERPOOL 4 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tinymarae
14 Mar 09,, 18:34
Whhoooo hoooooooo Rooney forever blue , qouted , we will send L/Pool back to the gutter , hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MANURE 1 ,,,, LIVERPOOL 4 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Liverpool are on fire. First Real, now Man U. Not just winning, but they absolutely knocked the stuffing out of these giants.

Good times to be a Liverpool fan. I am not one of them and will have to avoid a few of my soccer mates who are :(

tankie
14 Mar 09,, 18:42
Liverpool are on fire. First Real, now Man U. Not just winning, but they absolutely knocked the stuffing out of these giants.

Good times to be a Liverpool fan. I am not one of them and will have to avoid a few of my soccer mates who are :(

Yea that,ll shut the mealy mouthed MANURE brigade up ,,KOP for that , but only for a short time as they will rest on their laurels , and qoute times gone by ,,instead of realising the future ,, tossers .

snowhole
16 Mar 09,, 06:53
Well there's still a 4 points gap between them. Pool needs to endure their efforts, in the mean while to hope that Man Utd would make mistakes.

I personally find the competition for the 4th spot more interesting though. Would it be someone non-big-four? Was hoping Aston Villa could hold their position but they seem to be declining while Arsenal is back on track again. Same four clubs every year -- that's boring lol.

gabriel
17 Mar 09,, 14:09
while Arsenal is back on track again.

Arsenal fan myself ...:cool:

tankie
17 Mar 09,, 14:17
For all the disgruntled and suicidal MAN Ure fans there has been a helpline set up after the crushing home defeat by their arch enemies the mighty LIVERPOOL

The number to ring is

0800 414141 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Knaur Amarsh
17 Mar 09,, 19:36
For all the disgruntled and suicidal MAN Ure fans there has been a helpline set up after the crushing home defeat by their arch enemies the mighty LIVERPOOL

The number to ring is

:)):))

Kommunist
17 Mar 09,, 19:58

The number to ring is

The enemy(Liverpool) of my enemy(Man U) is also my(Chelsea) enemy, so either way I'm not too happy. Anyways, good news that Essien has returned, god I missed him.

Though I must admit that was funny^^:)) :))

snowhole
18 Mar 09,, 04:17
The enemy(Liverpool) of my enemy(Man U) is also my(Chelsea) enemy, so either way I'm not too happy. Anyways, good news that Essien has returned, god I missed him.

It's actually good news for you. With Man U losing 3 minutes, the Blues could again see the light of champion, although not necessarily enough.

tankie
18 Mar 09,, 17:36

Apparently they have been inundated with calls making references to the past , tee hee ,, tiss the future they should be looking at,and if they want to see a trophy this year ,, go to LIVERPOOL AND SEE THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS , THAT THEY OWN ;)

But i reckon its gonna be close but , Chelseas year ,a draw with L/P and MANURE would have been great for them:( C,Mon you KOP .

Steezy
18 Mar 09,, 19:07
Liverpool won't even win their next game against Villa, that's the team they are. Man Utd will probably still win the league, and Chelsea to come in second. Arsenal fourth, unfortunately I can't see Villa nicking fourth place, for them it's only one way and that's down the table, Everton probably have a shout at fifth.

My opinion. At the end of the day anything can happen, Barcelona had a 12 point lead that's been halved to 6. Anything can happen in a short space of time in Football, nothing is certain.

snowhole
18 Mar 09,, 19:20
Man U and Pool already played the two home and away matches with each other, now they are solely on their own, whereas Real would welcome Barcelona to Santiago Bernabeu for another El Clasico this season.

tankie
19 Mar 09,, 16:44
Liverpool won't even win their next game against Villa, that's the team they are. Man Utd will probably still win the league, and Chelsea to come in second. Arsenal fourth, unfortunately I can't see Villa nicking fourth place, for them it's only one way and that's down the table, Everton probably have a shout at fifth.

My opinion. At the end of the day anything can happen, Barcelona had a 12 point lead that's been halved to 6. Anything can happen in a short space of time in Football, nothing is certain.

Yes anything can happen but the way Villa played against Spurs , L/Pool will hopefully trounce them .;)

snowhole
20 Mar 09,, 01:03
I guess at least one couple of the 4 English teams will clash against each other in the next round of the Champions League. After all if the semi-final ends up with all 4 English clubs, it would be too awkward for Michel Platini.

It's such a shame that nowadays only F.C. Barcelona seems to be competitively on par with English clubs. French clubs are completely gone, let alone clubs from Portugese or Dutch or any other smaller leagues. Only Bayern Munich stands out for the Germans. 5-year-straight first round elimination for Real Madrid, and although Valencia and Atletico Madrid and maybe even Seville or Villareal have the potential to be giants, they either lack money or good management. And the glory of Italian football is also fading, don't bother mentioning 2007, it was Kaka and an amazing F. Inzaghi won the Champions League, not A.C. Milan.

I miss the years around Y2K when Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were the overwhelming sides. And at that time Italian sides were also challenging, along with F.C. Barcelona and several German giants like Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund, and there were surprises like Valencia, La Coruña, Monaco and Porto. Matches of the Champions League then were so much more entertaining than they are now.

tinymarae
20 Mar 09,, 02:37
I guess at least one couple of the 4 English teams will clash against each other in the next round of the Champions League. After all if the semi-final ends up with all 4 English clubs, it would be too awkward for Michel Platini.

It's such a shame that nowadays only F.C. Barcelona seems to be competitively on par with English clubs. French clubs are completely gone, let alone clubs from Portugese or Dutch or any other smaller leagues. Only Bayern Munich stands out for the Germans. 5-year-straight first round elimination for Real Madrid, and although Valencia and Atletico Madrid and maybe even Seville or Villareal have the potential to be giants, they either lack money or good management. And the glory of Italian football is also fading, don't bother mentioning 2007, it was Kaka and an amazing F. Inzaghi won the Champions League, not A.C. Milan.

I miss the years around Y2K when Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich were the overwhelming sides. And at that time Italian sides were also challenging, along with F.C. Barcelona and several German giants like Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund, and there were surprises like Valencia, La Coruña, Monaco and Porto. Matches of the Champions League then were so much more entertaining than they are now.

Totally agree. Real madrid have gone downhill ever since they brought that English one trick show pony to Bernabeu just to sell shirts. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, those were the days :)

tankie
20 Mar 09,, 19:22
Totally agree. Real madrid have gone downhill ever since they brought that English one trick show pony to Bernabeu just to sell shirts. Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Carlos, those were the days :)

Ya dont mean Mr Beckham do you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kommunist
20 Mar 09,, 19:44

He means "Mr.Spice/Spice Boy";):biggrin:

snowhole
20 Mar 09,, 22:15
Bayern Munich v.s. Barcelona
Man Utd v.s. Villareal
Liverpool v.s. Arsenal
Chelsea v.s. Porto

snowhole
21 Mar 09,, 08:23
Last post was wrong, sorry.

Should be:

Liverpool v.s. Chelsea (5th time in a row, 5 boring years)
Barcelona v.s. Bayern Munich
Villareal v.s. Arsenal
Porto v.s. Man Utd

tinymarae
21 Mar 09,, 08:44

didnt disguise my hate for Mr Spice very well or did I? :)) Real Madrid had the option of both Beckham and Ronaldinho then. Barca did the smart thing & bought Ronaldinho and the rest as they say is history. Real havent able to upstage Barca since then in the CL.

Knaur Amarsh
21 Mar 09,, 11:02
Last post was wrong, sorry.

Should be:

Liverpool v.s. Chelsea (5th time in a row, 5 boring years)
Barcelona v.s. Bayern Munich
Villareal v.s. Arsenal
Porto v.s. Man Utd

Darn, Man U's got an easy fixture , maybe they ll win and get Arsenal or Villa , Arsenal .. lots of injuries, younger players .. dunno how it ll go, Livpl and Chelsea's gonna be interesting to watch, would have fancied Barca over Bayern myself but they knocked the crap outta Lisbon, granted twasn't a top side but still 12-1's gotta count for something .. oh well, guess I ll just have to wait n watch :))

tankie
22 Mar 09,, 16:59
Dear o dear o dear ,,, whinging MANURE ,2 sent off including shrek aka rooney ,, beaten 2 0 by fulham , how sad , har har hardy har harrr , Chelsea beat 1 0 , and hopefully Liverpool will beat Vanilla , its wide open now steazy ?;) C,MON THE KOP

tankie
22 Mar 09,, 20:01
Liverpool won't even win their next game against Villa, that's the team they are.

You were saying :tongue: 5 0 c,mon the Pool , wide open league now .;)

snowhole
22 Mar 09,, 20:08
That's really amazing fitness LFC's been showing recently. Bravo!

Steezy
23 Mar 09,, 17:05
Please, anyone but Liverpool Scouse bastards to win the Premier League.....anyone. I don't think I'd be able to survive the summer. Liverpool fans are the worst of them all, and the media and......it would be hell.

On the other hand it would be a different team winning the PL after a long time

tankie
23 Mar 09,, 19:06
Please, anyone but Liverpool Scouse bastards to win the Premier League.....anyone. I don't think I'd be able to survive the summer. Liverpool fans are the worst of them all, and the media and......it would be hell.

On the other hand it would be a different team winning the PL after a long time

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::tongue:

snowhole
29 Mar 09,, 04:01
Seems traditional strong teams all won tonight.

snowhole
01 Apr 09,, 07:52
Something interesting.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5993260.ece

Football in 2025
The Sunday Times forecast football’s future accurately in 1985. Now discover where it will stand 16 years from now

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00511/Cele_511677a.jpg
(Sporting Pictures)
Ronaldo: his physique may become the norm by 2025

Jonathan Northcroft

When Andy Roxburgh put on the 3D glasses, he didn’t know whether he was looking at the future or sci-fi. Uefa’s technical director was at studios in Tokyo, being shown the latest Japanese television technology. Developers believe they are close to 3D broadcasting good enough for viewers to feel they are experiencing the “real thing”. Roxburgh was asked to imagine a World Cup final in Yokohama and fans packing stadiums worldwide on to whose pitches the match was beamed in life-size 3D.

If predicting in football were easy, everyone would win the pools, but 24 years ago The Sunday Times did a rather good job. That year, 1985, English clubs were banned from Europe, gates hit all-time lows, sponsors and TV companies looked to other sports, hooliganism held sway. Fans died in stadiums — and Hillsborough was still four years away. This newspaper compared a Real Madrid-Barcelona derby and a match between Arsenal and Everton, the English champions, played on the same Saturday. There were 108,000 at the Nou Camp and 10m watched live on television. Barely 25,000 saw Everton beat Arsenal 6-1 at Goodison. Not even highlights were broadcast.

The Sunday Times dreamed of brighter times. Under a headline of “Football 2000”, it looked forward to the millennium and asked: what if the tired First Division was replaced by an exciting super league powered by TV money? What if stadiums were gleaming and family-friendly? How about English matches being the equal of those in Spain? The Premier League uncovered the article in preparing a submission it will make tomorrow to Andy Burnham, the culture, media and sport secretary. It is being asked to justify itself on a number of issues, from competitive balance between teams, to fit and proper persons testing of club owners. While not claiming to have made everything perfect, the league will remind Burnham where English football was a generation ago. But where is it going? Repeating the exercise of “Football 2000”, we asked experts in various aspects of the game for their visions.

Finance and ownership

“In 1991-92, the year before the Premier League, the aggregate revenue of top-flight clubs was £170m. By 2006-7 it was £1.53bn. Wealth has grown by an average 16% per year,” says Paul Rawnsley, director of Deloitte Sports Business Group. “It’s difficult to imagine such rises going forward, but I still expect the Premier League to get richer and richer. Football is not getting any less popular, and it’s the most-followed league on the planet. It’s only going to get harder for other big leagues to compete.”

Seven of Europe’s richest 20 clubs are English, according to the 2009 edition of the Deloitte Money League. The figure would have been higher, but for sterling’s sudden fall against the euro. Rawnsley expects English clubs to account for more than half the top 20 within a few years.

“Between 95% and 98% of their revenue still comes from within the UK,” he says. “Revenue growth will come from clubs’ global fan bases through tours, friendlies abroad, commercial activities and people in foreign territories accessing media content.”

The other area is stadiums. “Matchday revenues are where English clubs truly outdo European rivals. Premier League clubs generate more than twice those in La Liga and five times Serie A,” Rawnsley says.

Pressure on the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham to build new stadiums will increase. So will foreign ownership. “The return on owning a football club is not through annual dividends but capital appreciation — the club’s value going up and up,” says Rawnsley. “It happened for the Glazers with Manchester United and has long been the model for US sports franchises.” By 2024, expect even more accents in English boardrooms to be American.

Coaching

Top football, notes Roxburgh, gets ever quicker and more intense. Coaching is more structured, teams more organised. “So how,” he asks, “do teams gain telling advantages, especially when it comes to breaking through opponents’ defensive blocks?” He was talking to Sir Alex Ferguson recently about one answer. “A trend is towards the ‘collective counter’. Alex has noticed it and says it’s new even for him.

“It’s counter-attacking which begins not in the traditional way — at the back, when the opposition are committed and lose possession — but in midfield, when the ball is stolen and a group of players uses fast combination passes to get through a block. The other team still has bodies in the way but for a moment it’s not organised and the key is the ‘transition moment’, how quickly from winning the ball you can hit them.”

Roxburgh expects such football to become more common and player development of the future to be about producing “code-breaker” footballers, those like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo who “use solo skills to destroy the opposition structure”. Rene Meulensteen, a skills coach, is Ferguson’s No 3, and Roxburgh sees more skills specialists in key coaching roles. “How do you produce Ronaldos and Messis? Street football is disappearing, so you have to reproduce its qualities in a coaching environment — small-sided games, creativity and freedom, showing off and learning tricks. It’s not about cups and medals but an obsession with the ball and playing, and you have to start young. The golden age is eight to 12 and more highly trained, quality coaches will work in this sector.”

Other developments Roxburgh imagines include the technological: “Computer analysis of player performance, like Prozone, is available simultaneously. You will see managers on the touchline with hand-held devices, reading their data before going into the dressing room at half-time.”

Television

The Premier League is the only major European top flight where not all games are broadcast live. Frank Dunne, of TV Sports Markets magazine, predicts a change. The EU perceives English clubs’ withholding of 3pm Saturday kickoffs from live rights packages as restrictive, and the argument that attendances would be hit is not borne out by countries like Germany. The new domestic rights deal, worth £1.8bn over three years, is up 5%, and Dunne expects a bigger international deal, worth £660m for 2007-10. “As TV fragments, with an ever-growing number of channels for ever smaller niches of viewers, and we move away from linear schedules to watching what you want, when you want, something that has to be watched there and then is incredibly valuable,” Dunne says.

“Top sport is the only thing delivering that. The value of TV football rights has gone up in an almost vertical graph for 20 years and I don’t see the growth stopping.”

Sports science

“Premier League players have to be sprinters and marathon runners at the same time,” is how Professor Tom Reilly of Liverpool John Moores University describes it. Reilly was a pioneer of sports science in the 1970s. “Thirty years ago a football team would be representative of the general population. Now players are on average taller, more muscled, more linear in body shape and have body fat levels of under 10% when the average male’s is 17%.

“Because of greater monitoring and more power training from a young age, players will become even more exceptional. With some running 13-14km during games, I used to think football was getting close to the maximum in workrate terms but recent studies suggest there’s still some leeway for even higher intensity.”

Reilly expects improvements in sportswear. “Running shoes are now ergonomic down to their lacing and football boots are catching up, and money is going into developments such as ‘warm weather’ football strips for World Cups”. He also predicts “an equalisation of effort in all positions. At the moment strikers and centre-backs tend to be power guys, midfielders endurance guys and full-backs a bit of both, but it will probably progress so that a player becomes more of an all-rounder”.

Tyon
04 Apr 09,, 20:11
So today the possible goal of the year of the Bundesliga was scored from Grafite(VFL Wolfsburg).

Grafite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDfxcExXGcA)

It was the final goal of the game which ended 5-1.

Steezy
05 Apr 09,, 01:10
Bayern Munich lost 5-1? hahaha

tankie
08 Apr 09,, 16:40
Darn, Man U's got an easy fixture , maybe they ll win and get Arsenal :))

Oh dear Knaur ,, porto made manure look bloody awful , GOOD , cant stand scumchester , enormous wages for overpaid primadonnas , and i reckon bone idle Ronhaldo is on the way out , he dives more than mark spitz and whinges more than the uk/s caught out sleazy politicians , roll on the Pool to win it , cos Manure with 2 against have it all to do at Porto with their 2 away goals .;)

Arsenels E/Q goal at V/R was brill

Kommunist
08 Apr 09,, 22:49
Liverpool have been beaten at home by Chelsea [1-3]. :)

Tankie, do you know of any helplines for Liverpool fans??? ;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Kommunist
08 Apr 09,, 22:52
So today the possible goal of the year of the Bundesliga was scored from Grafite(VFL Wolfsburg).

Grafite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDfxcExXGcA)

It was the final goal of the game which ended 5-1.

The video has been removed due to copyright held by :Deustche Futball"

Found this one when I checked, but this may be removed as well.

Goal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_WvBjsIXE)

Kommunist
09 Apr 09,, 19:02
Hey, looks like Tankie (like the Liverpool team) has gone into hiding after the loss to Chelsea......;):)):))

Come on out now, no more taunts, I promise :)):))

tankie
09 Apr 09,, 19:37
Hey, looks like Tankie (like the Liverpool team) has gone into hiding after the loss to Chelsea......;):)):))

Come on out now, no more taunts, I promise :)):))

Soz mate ,, i just got out of therapy :redface:

now leave me alone to drown my sorrows ,, but i must admit , the best team on the night was Chelsea , i think the pool have had it , 3 away goals , and then play at stamford bridge is no easy call , but ya never knows ;);)

tankie
13 Apr 09,, 19:09
Well the way Bolton got 3 goals on saturday at chelsea ,coming back from 4,0 gives me hope that liverpool can do it on tuesday ,, a hard call but heres hoping :rolleyes: I dont reckon much on manures chances at porto tho :biggrin:

Kommunist
13 Apr 09,, 19:55
Well the way Bolton got 3 goals on saturday at chelsea ,coming back from 4,0 gives me hope that liverpool can do it on tuesday ,, a hard call but heres hoping :rolleyes: I dont reckon much on manures chances at porto tho :biggrin:

Liverpool and Chelsea will face each other for the 10th time and in the fifth consecutive season in the Champions League. Only Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have met more often in the CL (12 times).

The first leg ended in a 1-3 win for Chelsea. Branislav Ivanovic scored twice in his second CL appearance.

Chelsea knocked Liverpool out of the CL in last year's semi-final: 1-1 and 3-2 AET.

In 2004-05 and 2006-07 Liverpool eliminated Chelsea in the last four of Europe's premier club competition.

Liverpool have failed to score in three of their previous four CL matches at Stamford Bridge. Last season they scored twice in their 3-2 defeat after extra time at Chelsea. Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel providing the goals.

This will be their 24th meeting in five seasons in all competitions and their fourth clash this term. Liverpool have already done the double in the Premier League (0-1 at Stamford Bridge and 2-0 at Anfield), but Chelsea lead 10-7 over the piece, with six draws.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/football/europe/7977038.stm

It will be a good match certainly :)

snowhole
15 Apr 09,, 00:41
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/low/football/europe/7977038.stm

It will be a good match certainly :)

It's one of the craziest CL games ever, if not THE craziest. All I can say is HOLY S--T!!!!!

tankie
15 Apr 09,, 12:40
I really thought my team Liverpool ,were going to do it , that game was one of the best i have ever seen , it was a magnificient show of English football , well done to Chelsea , and hard luck Liverpool , shame there was a loser , that game would have graced the final , now with Chelsea facing the Mighty Barcelona , i hope they can pull it out of the hat , a big ask IMO as Barcelona are firing on all cylinders , but good luck Chelsea .;)

dave lukins
15 Apr 09,, 14:07
but good luck Chelsea .;)

Bah Humbug! Drogba should be in the Olympic diving team. It would be a toss-up who would be Olympic Champion, him or Ronaldo:))

tankie
15 Apr 09,, 14:16
Bah Humbug! Drogba should be in the Olympic diving team. It would be a toss-up who would be Olympic Champion, him or Ronaldo:))

yup gorra admit that , ronaldo would win there tho , but c,mon ya got to admit it ,,the game was a classic , :tongue::biggrin:

Kommunist
18 Apr 09,, 09:04

yup gorra admit that , ronaldo would win there tho ,

I know the grapes are sour, but come on, dont make it that obvioous;):))

but c,mon ya got to admit it ,,the game was a classic , :tongue::biggrin:

Even thats an understatement. :)

tankie
18 Apr 09,, 10:24
I know the grapes are sour, but come on, dont make it that obvioous;):))

Even thats an understatement. :)

The greatest game ever seen on TV was that game fabulous , treeeeemendous ,awesomeeeeee , hows that sound ;)

tankie
19 Apr 09,, 20:44
Watched everton V manure in the FA cup semi final ,, i hope that manure get fined for NOT playing their strongest team , its a disgrace to the fans who travelled all that way to see their team get beat on penalties and not see the top players ,, MANURE are well named , good luck Everton in the final of the now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mickey mouse cup.:(

tankie
20 Apr 09,, 13:07
hERE WE GO , EXCUSES EXCUSES , i notice the winniing sides arent moaning

Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has blamed the Wembley pitch for his bizarre team selection in the FA Cup semi-final against Everton.
Cool Everton beat United on penalties
Ferguson made eight changes to the side that beat Porto in the Champions League last week, handing starts to the unheralded likes of Ben Foster, Fabio da Silva, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck and Federico Macheda.

However, he claimed after United lost 4-2 on penalties that he pulled Paul Scholes, Dimitar Berbatov and Patrice Evra out of his starting line-up after seeing the playing surface at Wembley in the first semi-final between Chelsea and Arsenal on Saturday.

"When I saw the pitch, what I didn't want was to go into extra time with my strongest squad," Ferguson said.

"It looked spongy and dead and difficult to move the ball quickly around it. They've got all these lights around the perimeter to help the growth and the standard of the soil. But it looks dead to me.

"So we had to go with the bold decision of playing the younger ones. After all, our club is built on giving young players opportunities and they didn't disappoint.

"Once we made our mind up, I was quite enthusiastic about it. It was the right thing to do. It was good for them."

United had already travelled to London without Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Edwin van der Sar and Michael Carrick.

Ferguson's words come on the back of fierce criticism from Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who described the pitch as "a joke".

The turf cut up and produced large divots, while Wenger complained that the surface was not even.

"Frankly, it is really embarrassing for the national stadium," he said. "Don't get me wrong, I don't think we have lost because of the grass.

"It was not that the pitch was cutting up, it was that it is not flat. The quality is a disaster."

Ferguson added that United's dream of winning five trophies - Premier League, Champions League, Carling Cup, FA Cup and Club World Cup - had been unrealistic.

"It was impossible thinking we could do that," he said.

"In the last few weeks we've had a lot of injuries to defenders and I've been patching players up. If all our players had been fit you never know, but realistically it's very difficult."

Castellano
20 Apr 09,, 17:44
CL is down to Barcelona against the mighty British Empire.

Visca el Barça!

(from a madrileño- ;))

PS: Tankie, I'm very happy about Liverpool and especially Fernando Torres.

tankie
20 Apr 09,, 17:48
CL is down to Barcelona against the mighty British Empire.

Visca el Barça!

(from a madrileño- ;))

PS: Tankie, I'm very happy about Liverpool and especially Fernando Torres.

;)

snowhole
22 Apr 09,, 01:18
Pepe: THIS IS SPARTA!!!
Don't know what he was thinking, probably this...

Liverpool and Arsenal had another 4-4:eek:
Arshavin was brilliant!

tankie
22 Apr 09,, 01:30
Pepe: THIS IS SPATAN!!!
Don't know what he was thinking, probably this...

Liverpool and Arsenal had another 4-4:eek:
Arshavin was brilliant!

Another brill game , but a bad result for Liverpool , which leaves MANURE with 2 games in hand , which i sincerely hope they screw up . Its still wide open , at both ends , except for WBA ,bye bye :(

snowhole
25 Apr 09,, 21:47
Man Utd came back from 0-2 to 5-2. Just over heard some guys back from the pub talking. Apparently one of them went to toilet at about 59 mins and came back 10 mins later. I'm feeling sorry for him lol.

maverick
26 Apr 09,, 21:13
Oi, just giving the Spurs some practice. If we beat them too badly they might not turn up to play again ;)

Apr 29th Man Utd Vs Arsenal, can't wait. Goooo United

Apparently one of them went to toilet at about 59 mins and came back 10 mins later. I'm feeling sorry for him lol.

lol, bet he sobered up pretty quick..:biggrin:

which leaves MANURE with 2 games in hand , which i sincerely hope they screw up

Inviting bodily harm, are we?

snowhole
26 Apr 09,, 22:21
I was fearing Los Merengos would lose in Pizjuán again, but it turned out quite a thriller. Not one of the best games, although in the first 30 mins Seville showed their best football in quite some time. And it was so pleasant to see old Raúl scoring a magnificent hat-trick!
^ ^

Mercenary
27 Apr 09,, 00:02
Man Utd came back from 0-2 to 5-2. Just over heard some guys back from the pub talking. Apparently one of them went to toilet at about 59 mins and came back 10 mins later. I'm feeling sorry for him lol.

True champions they are..although I'm a spurs fan myself.. but the way in which they came back!..truly remarkable..deserve to be champions!..They're the only top4 that defeated us this season..and we're proud its em that defeated us...class@@!:cool:

snowhole
27 Apr 09,, 00:47
I'm not quite into English football myself, but Tottenham is one of the more favourable sides in the EPL for me. Perhaps because they wear white, perhaps because of the beautiful name of White Hart Lane. It was quite shocking that they set off with such a terrible performance early in this season (2 points in 8 games, worst in history), which added to my doubt on Juande Ramos when he came over to Bernabeu. Yet he has given us a nice 17 wins 1 draw run, and now the gap between RM and FCB has been reduced from 12 points to 4 points. Maybe he's just more familiar with Spanish football after all. Or maybe, I strongly regret thinking this way but it's true, La Liga is losing its magic -- the weaker sides in the First Division couldn't even pose any threat to a mediocre Real any more.

Steezy
27 Apr 09,, 01:31
Atletico Madrid are better than Real anyway

Sergio Aguero, Simao, Maxi Rodriguez, Forlan.

Real Madrid is full of Dutch people, Liverpool is full of Spanish people. I mean I don't really care about who comes from where in football but when teams are compromised of mainly one nationality that isn't the team's home nationality, I don't really like that, you can have a team of multi nationals like Arsenal (they also used to have the same problem with French people) or a team of mostly home nationals (like most of the non-top teams of the world) but to have a team of mostly same foreign nationals is just creepy, especially when the manager is also the same. It's like he's bringing in his own circus into town

snowhole
27 Apr 09,, 02:15
Yea, I get your point. Liverpool is currently the No.1 contributor to the Spanish National Team (Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Riera, Torres). That's really weird, although they are doing fairly well IMO. As for the Dutch dudes in RM, well we could pretty much do without most of them (except for Ruud van Nisterooy of course, but sadly we HAVE TO go without him this season). It was all Ramón Calderón and Predrag Mijatović's poor managing. :(

snowhole
27 Apr 09,, 02:33
As for Atletico, well, yea they can go nuts when they attack like fighting a battle (4-3 winning over FCB was one amazing game this season). However their poor defence drags them down (same applies to most other Spanish clubs). Basicly they have one fine goalkeeper, one OK centre-back, one OK but a bit old left back, one OK but get-a-lot-of-cards right back, and one terrible centre-back.

The four guys you mentioned on front, well... I could probably raise some eyebrows when I say Simao is the best of them. But the thing is, he's the only attacking player they have that performs well on a stable basis. The other three all suffer from why-I-just-can't-shoot-it-on-target-like-ever from time to time.

So yes, they are a good side, but they can still lose easily to some better teams, like Valencia and Seville. And they have to struggle hard to get a draw when facing teams on the same level, like Villareal. But as I said, when they go nuts, they can win big games. Unfortunately we haven't seen that too often this season yet, and they are still in the 6th place, struggling for a Champions League entrance ticket.

tankie
27 Apr 09,, 07:09
Yea, I get your point. Liverpool is currently the No.1 contributor to the Spanish National Team (Reina, Arbeloa, Alonso, Riera, Torres). That's really weird, although they are doing fairly well IMO. As for the Dutch dudes in RM, well we could pretty much do without most of them (except for Ruud van Nisterooy of course, but sadly we HAVE TO go without him this season). It was all Ramón Calderón and Predrag Mijatović's poor managing. :(

Well for my money , they can have Reina back :(

Kernow
27 Apr 09,, 07:21
I'm a Spurs fan, and I thought they were abput to do Liverpool a favour. Must admit, great comeback.

tankie
27 Apr 09,, 10:11
I'm a Spurs fan, and I thought they were abput to do Liverpool a favour. Must admit, great comeback.

I thought so as well 2 up in 30 minutes woo hoo thinks me , then Manure got 5 lucky goals , looks like its over ,, Buuuuuuuuuuuuut ya never knows :rolleyes::mad::biggrin:

Mercenary
27 Apr 09,, 11:15
I thought so as well 2 up in 30 minutes woo hoo thinks me , then Manure got 5 lucky goals , looks like its over ,, Buuuuuuuuuuuuut ya never knows :rolleyes::mad::biggrin:

To think that we may very well see Kaka,Ribery in united colours next season...while Ronaldo leaves..yup leaves them pretty strong even then!

United are screwing up big-time if they;re not going to sign-up Tevez...that man is a machine...Striker-midfielder-defender all-in-one...Its a mystery why Ferguson prefers lazy-ass Berbatov over him...

tankie
27 Apr 09,, 11:23
To think that we may very well see Kaka,Ribery in united colours next season...while Ronaldo leaves..yup leaves them pretty strong even then!

United are screwing up big-time if they;re not going to sign-up Tevez...that man is a machine...Striker-midfielder-defender all-in-one...Its a mystery why Ferguson prefers lazy-ass Berbatov over him...

Got to agree about Tevez ,, he would look good or even better in another red shirt:rolleyes: , Ronaldivero is off i reckon ,too many denials from him and red nose ,,,, maybe to Real Mad .

Mercenary
28 Apr 09,, 18:53
Chelsea lining up against Barca tonight for the CL semi final first leg!

Im gunning for Barca..would be great to see a Barca-United final.(Or even a Barca-Arsenal final..and see how the arsenal young guns treat King Henry :)) ) .Chelsea don't look all that great on the field these days..Drogba's been saving their arses off-late...

tankie
29 Apr 09,, 11:41
Chelsea lining up against Barca tonight for the CL semi final first leg!

Im gunning for Barca..would be great to see a Barca-United final.(Or even a Barca-Arsenal final..and see how the arsenal young guns treat King Henry :)) ) .Chelsea don't look all that great on the field these days..Drogba's been saving their arses off-late...

I watched the match , boring boring boring , HOWEVER Chelsea did what they had to do , contain them and in that respect they did , and totaly frustrated Barca , as was proven when they started to whinge and dive , such a shame that Drogba didnt score when he had a great chance , but hats off to Peta cek the chelsea keeper , he played a blinder , the best football came from Barca who i thought would win , great passing skills and Messi was well kept out of the game , should be a blinder at the bridge next week .;)

tankie
30 Apr 09,, 17:31
Whinge whinge moan moan ,highly paid moaners ,anyone who watched the game could see what Chelsea were doing , boring it was but it did the job and the diving was all from Barca

ANGRY Barcelona stars have branded Chelsea a bunch of thugs.

The Spanish giants were left fuming after their Champions League semi-final first leg ended 0-0 in the Nou Camp on Tuesday.

They slated ref Wolfgang Stark for letting bad tackles go, snubbing a penalty and for not sending off Michael Ballack.

Barca ace Xavi said: “It’s an outrage. There were scandalous incidents. Chelsea players made challenges that were clear bookings and the referee didn’t blow for a foul.

“In one of them he booked Yaya Toure for protesting his rival didn’t get a booking for a bad foul from behind.

“There was a team that wanted to play and another that didn’t.

“It’s a pity. In England they talk about fair play so much. It’s a shame they don’t put that talk into practice.

“There was no fair play from Chelsea at all. We played football, they did not play anything at all.”

Jose Bosingwa pulled Thierry Henry down in the box after 70 minutes but Stark waved it off. Soon after he failed to book Ballack for the second time for bringing Andres Iniesta down from behind.

And Xavi added: “The Ballack challenge was a blatant red card but the referee did nothing.

“We had them holed up in their own penalty area. They did not create a single chance.”

Toure said: “The referee was more than sad. It seems he came here to help Chelsea.

“Players like Ballack and John Obi Mikel committed so many fouls and didn’t even get a yellow.”

But bullish Barcelona defender Gerard Pique said: “With our team we can win anywhere.”

tankie
01 May 09,, 11:29
I watched Werder Bremen play Hamburg last night , it was a brill game , Hamburg won 1 0 with a well deserved goal , it was played at lightening speed , a credit to both teams for their fitness and ball skills , im eagerly looking forward to the return , A great game , it was worthy of the name FOOTBALL .

Mercenary
01 May 09,, 12:39
This while Manchester Utd treated the Arsenal team like the schoolkids they really are...leaves me in no doubt regarding how the second leg would go in old trafford.

The chelsea-barca tie at stamford bridge - is going to be a really tight affair- Barcelona slight favorites..

tankie
01 May 09,, 17:31
This while Manchester Utd treated the Arsenal team like the schoolkids they really are...leaves me in no doubt regarding how the second leg would go in old trafford.The chelsea-barca tie at stamford bridge - is going to be a really tight affair- Barcelona slight favorites..

Read above ref chelsea and barca , and your in cloud cuckoo land , the return with Manure and Arse is at the Emirates stadium . But of course your in no doubt .

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand could return for the Champions League semi-final second leg at Arsenal after tests revealed he has not cracked a rib.

England centre-back Ferdinand was substituted in the second-half of the first leg at Old Trafford - which United won 1-0 - after colliding with goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar in the closing stages of the game.

However, tests by club medics have revealed that the damage was not as bad as first feared.

Manager Alex Ferguson told the club's official website: "Rio's scan revealed no crack or break to his ribs.

"There was some bruising to his lung, which is why he coughed up blood on night.

"He is definitely out of Saturday's game against Boro, but we're hopeful for Tuesday against Arsenal.

"Of course when you see it at the time you fear the worst but now it is just a case of getting him back training, hopefully on Sunday, and getting him ready for Tuesday."

United will travel to the Emirates on Tuesday aiming to reach back-to-back European Cup finals for the first time.

Should he play, the clash in North London will be the 30-year-old's 41st appearance of the season.

Castellano
02 May 09,, 21:01
Amazing game Real-Barça, 2nd half about to start

I'm watching it here:

Veetle - View Channel (http://veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=49923c8e9dfcc)

Castellano
02 May 09,, 21:52
So I hope I wasn't the only one to watch, this masterpiece.

This Barça is probably the best team I ever watched, and I watched France & Brazil 1982, Holland, Milan, Dream Team...and all the rest of it.

Marvelous.

Kommunist
02 May 09,, 21:54
Damn........

Real Madrid 2, Barcelona 6...... !!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didnt see that coming!!!!!!:eek::redface:

snowhole
02 May 09,, 21:55
Not what I anticipated, nor do I feel frustrated.

Both teams got what they deserved and what they needed. After tonight, I see news and rumours on RM will keep coming.

Castellano
02 May 09,, 22:02
I didn't mention la Quinta del Buitre, Spain Eurocup 2008, Dinamo Kiev 80s, or Stoned Rijkaard's Barça, yes, I watched all of these teams.

Still, this Barça is epic.

tankie
02 May 09,, 22:05
Damn........

Real Madrid 2, Barcelona 6...... !!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didnt see that coming!!!!!!:eek::redface:

Wow , still it shows how good Chelsea were to contain Barca at the nue camp;)

Kommunist
02 May 09,, 22:07
Yup, I'm a li'l apprehensive regarding the CL Chelsea - Barca game. (I'm a Blue)

This Barca team can destroy any team o their day.:frown:

Kommunist
02 May 09,, 22:09
Wow , still it shows how good Chelsea were to contain Barca at the nue camp;)

Yep, and on top of that they could have been ahead, had dear ole Drogba not missed a sitter.

tankie
02 May 09,, 22:11
Yep, and on top of that they could have been ahead, had dear ole Drogba not missed a sitter.

It would have knocked them for sure if the Drogs had scored , looking forward to the return :)

Mercenary
02 May 09,, 22:15
No Puyol,Marquez for the second leg... that makes it a lil easier for chelsea..unless Messi,Henry have other plans..

Castellano
02 May 09,, 22:15
Not what I anticipated, nor do I feel frustrated

*cough, cough*

Both teams got what they deserved and what they needed.

Sign of a healthy self-criticism and honour in defeat. Congratulations.

Also, you don't miss the practical side of it.

After tonight, I see news and rumours on RM will keep coming.

This summer was going to be a riot anyway. But yes you are right this will add to the shopping frenzy by Florentino, I believe.

I say CR, Kaka and maybe Xabi Alonso are going their way.

Mercenary
02 May 09,, 22:18
*cough, cough*

I say only CR... and if CR goes..then KaKa comes to EPL. Not so sure about Xabi..the scousers may win the title :)):biggrin::cool:

tankie
02 May 09,, 22:19
No Puyol,Marquez for the second leg... that makes it a lil easier for chelsea..unless Messi,Henry have other plans..

Haaaaaaaa didnt Messi and Henry have plans at their place of work :rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

Castellano
02 May 09,, 22:31
I say only CR... and if CR goes..then KaKa comes to EPL. Not so sure about Xabi..the scousers may win the title :)):biggrin::cool:

If Florentino indeed steps in, there would be no shortage of cash. Man City maybe?

I believe he would have as objectives 3 of these 4:

CR, Kaka, Xavi Alonso, Cesc

CR seems done.

BTW, Real is w/out coach for next season now, Juande is finished.

Castellano
02 May 09,, 22:38
One of the amazing things is that Casillas was superb.

Still, I don't remember ever any team scoring 6 at Bernabéu. Ever.

snowhole
02 May 09,, 22:39
*cough, cough*
Really. I didn't see 2-6 coming but I honestly don't feel more upset than the defeat at Anfield. I knew the Blancos were not on par with THIS Barça.

Sign of a healthy self-criticism and honour in defeat. Congratulations.

Also, you don't miss the practical side of it.
Cheers. :)

Barça had a perfect warm-up for the CL game. And the board of RM can no longer lie to themselves that this is still a strong team.

This summer was going to be a riot anyway. But yes you are right this will add to the shopping frenzy by Florentino, I believe.

I don't know. I didn't like Florentino when he was in office back then. IMHO it was he who destroyed Los Blancos for his Los Galáctico, which ended ugly and left a dark legacy that we can still see in today's RM squad.

Maybe more people will remember Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo when they think of Real Madrid. But for me, I still prefer the squad with young Raul and Morientes, with Fernando Redondo, with young Roberto Carlos and Michel Salgado, with Hierro.

But yes, I definetely want to see change in the club, so I'm keen in his election.

Kommunist
02 May 09,, 23:24
Really. I didn't see 2-6 coming but I honestly don't feel more upset than the defeat at Anfield. I knew the Blancos were not on par with THIS Barça.

I couldnt believe the scoreline when I saw it. :redface:

I don't know. I didn't like Florentino when he was in office back then. IMHO it was he who destroyed Los Blancos for his Los Galáctico, which ended ugly and left a dark legacy that we can still see in today's RM squad.

Maybe more people will remember Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo when they think of Real Madrid. But for me, I still prefer the squad with young Raul and Morientes, with Fernando Redondo, with young Roberto Carlos and Michel Salgado, with Hierro.

But yes, I definetely want to see change in the club, so I'm keen in his election.

AAh the golden days, and BTW, you missed Zizou.:)

tankie
04 May 09,, 13:05
LIVERPOOL 3 NEWCASTLE DIDNT UP ,zilch nothing , no attempts 0 big fat zero

Now i wonder where Chob/ armor has goooornn :tongue:

tankie
05 May 09,, 12:53
Tonight its the return of MANURE V ARSENAL ,, c,monnnnnnnnnn Arsenal ;)

tankie
05 May 09,, 22:05
Damn , half an hour to go in Manure v Arsenal 3 0 Manure , i must admit they are the better team tonight , the arsenal fans are leaving the stadium , cant blame em , Arsenal need to score 5 in the last 30 minutes :(

Mercenary
06 May 09,, 19:55
Damn , half an hour to go in Manure v Arsenal 3 0 Manure , i must admit they are the better team tonight , the arsenal fans are leaving the stadium , cant blame em , Arsenal need to score 5 in the last 30 minutes :(

True champions!..would hate for them to lose the finals in Rome ..Go United!

conflicting reports about ronaldo moving to real..although ronaldo himself doesn't want to ... confirmed reports of a club bidding 60m pounds for Ribery at Bayern...though united denies being involved... - if it aint united it is probably manchester city

Castellano
06 May 09,, 22:48
Football is a funny game.

Castellano
06 May 09,, 22:49
And now, the final for European power most have been waiting for.

Can't wait.

Castellano
06 May 09,, 22:52
Visca el Barça!

Kommunist
06 May 09,, 22:53
Football is a funny game.

Certainly, and even more so when you have a referee from an obscure footballing nation who is scared of
awarding penalties (not 1, but 3) in a big game. :frown::mad:

You can say what you want but I'm too sad and mad to argue now...........

Castellano
06 May 09,, 22:56
1 by my count.

The handball by Piqué.

Castellano
06 May 09,, 23:01
Sorry about Chelsea, it was cruel to them.

snowhole
07 May 09,, 01:26
Certainly, and even more so when you have a referee from an obscure footballing nation who is scared of
awarding penalties (not 1, but 3) in a big game. :frown::mad:

You can say what you want but I'm too sad and mad to argue now...........

Well that's football sometimes.

tankie
08 May 09,, 11:49
Well that's football sometimes.

Nahhhh mate , thats paid off refs sometimes , deffo 3 penalties .:mad:

Castellano
08 May 09,, 14:02
With the drama, it's easy to forget what two great goals really were:

Mercenary
08 May 09,, 21:17
In a way..serves Chelsea right !for trying to hack the shins off of the legs of the barca players in the first leg instead of playing football - what goes around comes around. Hate the way they play !..the very same team who bought Khalid "Hannibal" Boulharouz as a defender to "physically intimidate" the forwards :biggrin:

snowhole
08 May 09,, 21:22
With the drama, it's easy to forget what two great goals really were:

Yea, Essien's goal was absolutely a cracker. Haven't seen one like that in big match-up's for quite some time.

snowhole
09 May 09,, 23:52
I think it's pretty safe to say bye to Juande now.

Good game to Valencia. The 1st and 3rd goals are exactly what I expect from a wonderful team like them.

And look at the substitutions for the wingers: Pablo H. for Joaquin, Vicente for Mata, my oh my. Once they cleared their money problem they immediately came back to win games on a good run (except for the loss against Espanyol last week). I'm very pleased to see a healthy and entertaining Valencia like this.

snowhole
10 May 09,, 00:30
By the way, it's probably the last game Valencia played against Real Madrid in Estadio Mestalla. Los Che gave a beautiful tribute to this old stadium, a perfect victory against one of their archrivals.

Castellano
11 May 09,, 20:57
By the way, it's probably the last game Valencia played against Real Madrid in Estadio Mestalla.

Due to financial problems, the new Mestalla construction (already well underway) has been halted, and it won't be finished this year no way.

The new Mestalla:

Castellano
11 May 09,, 21:02
Valencia's financial problems mean that they are going to sell players.

Villa, Silva, perhaps Mata. Possibly all three to R Madrid.

snowhole
11 May 09,, 23:25
I find the hypothesis that they would sell players to solve financial problems somewhat illogical. Their problem started last year when they failed to enter the Champions League, which caused major downturn in sponsorship. Their plan was to use the sponsorship to pay off the money they loaned for constructing the stadium, and thanks to Ronald Koeman, that wasn't the story. If they would sell those big names like Villa, Silva etc., CL for the next season would again be out of their reach, and they probably wouldn't be getting much sponsor money the following season. The turmoil would just return.

Besides I would be more than glad to see a competitive Valencia. It's soooooo boring with only RMCF and FCB battling each other and everyone else is simply one level below them.

And yes, I saw the photos of Nuevo Mestalla construction site. It's not rising. Hopefully the managers in Valencia know where to spend their money -- in competition that is, not in some fancy but not necessary stuff.

tankie
16 May 09,, 18:23
Ah well ######## Manure , champions again :(= Liverpools 18 wins

snowhole
16 May 09,, 23:40
They win, it's 2nd place. They draw, it's 2nd place. They lose, it's 2nd place.

Why do I even care?

And congratulations to Barcelona. Now they could rest fully for Manchester United.

Kernow
17 May 09,, 04:13
Thank god the Footy season will soon be over.

tankie
17 May 09,, 10:05
Thank god the Footy season will soon be over.

For newcastle it already is :rolleyes:

Mercenary
17 May 09,, 16:29
For newcastle it already is :rolleyes:

They still have a game to go to try and avoid the fall..
and Hull plays Man Utd next...agreed that they'll be playing the united reserves team..but I'm sure a line-up comprising of Macheda,Poseibon,Tosic,Nani,Jonny Evans,Rafael,O'shea would give Hull a good run for the money..

tankie
18 May 09,, 09:32
They still have a game to go to try and avoid the fall..
and Hull plays Man Utd next...agreed that they'll be playing the united reserves team..but I'm sure a line-up comprising of Macheda,Poseibon,Tosic,Nani,Jonny Evans,Rafael,O'shea would give Hull a good run for the money..

To true manure will be fielding a 2nd team ,and i still think newkybrowns are down
:(

snowhole
24 May 09,, 19:37
Farewell, Newcastle Utd.

tankie
24 May 09,, 20:01
And Boro , thats 2 of the N/E 3 top flight leaving only the machams (sunderland) :(

snowhole
24 May 09,, 20:19
Sigh, they shouldn't have ended up like this. And Middlesbrough was still in UEFA cup a few years back if I remember right.

snowhole
24 May 09,, 22:59
Osasuna doesn't have to worry about relegation now. They are facing RM next week.

tankie
25 May 09,, 13:59
The demise of newky browns toon army is to do with the backstage boys , and shearer has had too much influence over managers ,, well guess what , now its his turn .The same guy who said he never wanted management , comes in at the last moment to be the messiah and saviour to bask in the glory of his leadership and save them , well he didnt did he , the self righteous pompous cnut ,, yea your right , i dont rate him AT ALL , another , et tu brute .

Wait and see now who will want to leave the club , Owen for certain IMO , and other prem players will go , a shame for the fans , one of the best supported clubs in the land .

Who have been ripped off with their undying support by the arrogance of exec management .

snowhole
26 May 09,, 15:34
Valencia's financial problems mean that they are going to sell players.

Villa, Silva, perhaps Mata. Possibly all three to R Madrid.

Finally, they are out of Champions League. Shame, but yeah they are likely to sell players now.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 17:51
Uff, still three hours to go. Can you wait?

Me neither.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 17:55
It is always said before finals that this or that player will be the key. And then it never happens and the key is elsewhere.

This time though I have a hunch much will indeed depend on CR & Messi performance.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 21:04
Eto'o, first shot. 1-0. Now they are holding ball. Hope it's getting more entertaining.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 21:18
It's a good game, both teams are using the entire pitch to attack and defend.

Titanic clash.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 21:40
MU should put Tevez on in the second half.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 21:48
ManU need to get the ball, that's their main problem. Barça is always a step ahead of them. I agree about Tévez. But maybe Scholes is more necessary.

Henry has zero intervention in the game. I would substitute him for Bojan. I'm a big Bojan fan.

Visca el Barça!

snowhole
27 May 09,, 21:48
Yes. Tevez subtitutes for Anderson, who wasn't much of a threat in the 1st half.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:08
Berbatov is coming on.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:11
Berbatov is coming on.

For Park. I'm hearing sobbings in Korean pubs.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:14
Messiiiiiiiiiiiii

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:14
Messi header. Gosh. 2-0.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:22
Yes...a header!

Ha!

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:25
He's settled FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or now.

Well, at least Spain will have 12 cups after this.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:37
Guardiola is truly phenomenal this year. Congratulations Castellano.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:40
Thank you!

Campeones, campeones, oe oe oe!!

Kommunist
27 May 09,, 22:46
Congrats to FC Barcelona and their fans and supporters.:)

Nice game for Barcelona, and BTW, Puyol deserves an Oscar. :P.

Just imagine how good Chelsea were, holding Barca 0-0 at Nou Camp, and then the 1-1 at Stamford Bridge (despite all the penalty appeals being turned down, sorry I just cant get over it :mad::()

I think Chelsea would have offered much more than what ManU did today. :rolleyes:

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:46
No one can take on Barça head on.

Forget about it. ManU actually tried, but Barça's midfield prevailed.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:51
Thank you Kommunist.

Yes Chelsea played the only sensible way Barça can be beaten. Counterattack. And they did it very well.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 22:53
The way Barcelona wins this year, was the same with the way Spain won UEFA Euro Cup last year. Their midfield (basicly the same 2 key players) are the best in the world.

Difference is, last year I would say Xavi and Iniesta were underrated; no one would underestimate them now.

Castellano
27 May 09,, 22:57
Exactly.

Well...it wasn't the UEFA but the European cup, actually.

The idea is that football is played with a ball, and the ball runs faster than a man. Did you see how ManU players were always half a second behind the ball?

Really, I think this is good for football.

snowhole
27 May 09,, 23:11
Well...it wasn't the UEFA but the European cup, actually.

Yea I fixed that.

Sad thing is that all the prizes would probably go to Messi (and of course deservedly so) this year. FIFA and Ballon d'Or will over look Xavi, like in last year they gave the 3rd place to Fernando Torres rather than Xavi. That was probably because Barcelona just had a poor season while Torres was a goal scoring machine in Liverpool. but Xavi's role in Spain's success, IMHO, was larger than Torres.

Castellano
28 May 09,, 01:09
Kommunist, I've been thinking about this.

I watched Barça all season and Chelsea is the only team that could hope to beat them.

There were issues about the refereeing at Stamford Bridge, but arguably also in Barcelona. That's not the point.

Any of the two could have won.

The only team in Europe that can say something like that this season has been Chelsea.

I love football. I believe I understand the game, and this Barça is like nothing I've seen in my life. It is good for football that this style triumphs.

snowhole
28 May 09,, 01:23
Well, I enjoyed the match Atletico beat Barca 4-3 more. Although Atletico is nowhere near Chelsea but watching two crazy attacking teams are absolutely fun. Especially the final 10 minutes when Atletico went completely nuts, everyone just had that 'larger than life' look on their faces. Hell, that's what I expect to see in every game. ;)

Kernow
28 May 09,, 01:42
Good to see United beaten.

Knaur Amarsh
28 May 09,, 16:10

Yeah the white jerseys really set the mood for the game :biggrin:

tankie
28 May 09,, 16:16

Yup they lived up to their name ,,,,,,MANURE gave Massi all the freedom he wanted , did fergy not watchthe chelsea v barca game , where they cut him out ????:))

Merlin
28 May 09,, 18:11
Saw this final result (not the match) on TV. Barcelona 2, Manchester United 0.

Castellano
28 May 09,, 18:25
The head of god :biggrin:

tankie
28 May 09,, 18:29

Notice the MANURE defence , coco the clown 6 ft 4 inch ferdinand stood by helpless ,while 5ft 7 massi does that , coco, he only gets a 100.000 + A WEEK overpaid prima donas , well done Barca .;)

bugs
28 May 09,, 18:34
Notice the MANURE defence , coco the clown ferdinand stood by helpless , he only gets a 100.000 + A WEEK overpaid prima donas , well done Barca .;)

A solid comeback for Barca after last year semi-final :))

snowhole
28 May 09,, 19:46

I know van der Sar is a great keeper but that look on his face just make me chuckle. :biggrin:

snowhole
28 May 09,, 19:50
Yeah the white jerseys really set the mood for the game :biggrin:

Nah... I think it's the AIG logo ruined them. ;)

Blackleaf
28 May 09,, 20:05
Useless stat of the day:

Last night's Champions League Final was the first European Cup Final/Champions League Final to finish 2-0 since 1975. On that occasion, an English team were also the losers - Leeds United, against Bayern Munich. (The European Cup became the Champions League in 1992).

2-0 is a rare scoreline in a European Cup Final/Champions League Final. There have only been six Finals to have finished 2-0 - 1957, 1959, 1971, 1972, 1975 and 2009.

Castellano
28 May 09,, 21:15
Notice the MANURE defence , coco the clown 6 ft 4 inch ferdinand stood by helpless ,while 5ft 7 massi does that , coco, he only gets a 100.000 + A WEEK overpaid prima donas , well done Barca .;)

Thank you Tankie

I have always felt sympathy for every English club, especially for the classics as ManU or Liverpool (of course lately more for Liverpool).

Moreover I have enormous respect for the passion and the fair play in English football.

But to my surprise, reading some ManU supporters comments in the BBC site, it seems to me a few of them are on the arrogant side, they almost remind me a of RMadrid supporters in Spain (not quite, spanish RMadrid supporters tend to be really insufferable).

This will humble them a bit ;)

Castellano
28 May 09,, 21:23
I know van der Sar is a great keeper but that look on his face just make me chuckle. :biggrin:

Panic!!! :eek:

:)

Normal; I think I would be panic stricken too if I were playing against Messi.

tankie
28 May 09,, 23:53
Thank you Tankie

I have always felt sympathy for every English club, especially for the classics as ManU or Liverpool (of course lately more for Liverpool).

Moreover I have enormous respect for the passion and the fair play in English football.

But to my surprise, reading some ManU supporters comments in the BBC site, it seems to me a few of them are on the arrogant side, they almost remind me a of RMadrid supporters in Spain (not quite, spanish RMadrid supporters tend to be really insufferable).

This will humble them a bit ;)

No need for thanks mate , im saying it as it was , Manure , were ,,,crap ,but thats not to take it away from Barca who made them look that way .;)

dave lukins
29 May 09,, 00:24
Notice the MANURE defence , coco the clown 6 ft 4 inch Ferdinand stood by helpless ,while 5ft 7 massi does that , coco, he only gets a 100.000 + A WEEK overpaid prima donas , well done Barca .;)

Is this the Ferdinand that just a few weeks ago had "3 broken ribs, but once there is a chance of Glory, makes a miraculous recovery. And is this the Ferdinand who "forgot" on 3 occasions that he had to have a drugs test..his excuse?..he was moving house.:(

tankie
30 May 09,, 15:34
Thats him nuts ,, the very same , coco the clown , and manure fans all over the world pay his phenominal wages as they do for the rest of the overpayed primas , i know a certain few persons who will not like this result but ahhhh well ,, TUFF SHIT , once again well done Barca for showing them what football really is all about. But i still maintain that Chelsea were robbed ,, ps im a Liverpool fan .;)

snowhole
31 May 09,, 01:04
This weekend, Maldini, Nedved, Figo and Juninho are gonna retire. Like someone said, an era has ended.

tankie
31 May 09,, 15:29
This weekend, Maldini, Nedved, Figo and Juninho are gonna retire. Like someone said, an era has ended.

ditto , leg,ends in their own time .;)

snowhole
31 May 09,, 20:50
Osasuna doesn't have to worry about relegation now. They are facing RM next week.

Like I said. :cool:

Farewell, Betis. Although it's better them down than Getafe.

snowhole
02 Jun 09,, 21:34
Barry to Manchester City for 12 million pounds.

I thought he was going to Liverpool so that we can buy Xabi Alonso.

Castellano
02 Jun 09,, 21:50
Farewell, Betis. Although it's better them down than Getafe.

Except sevillistas, everybody in Spain likes Betis. A pity they went down.

Castellano
02 Jun 09,, 21:51
Barry to Manchester City for 12 million pounds.

I thought he was going to Liverpool so that we can buy Xabi Alonso.

Seems there is an ongoing bid between Chelsea and Real for Kaká.

snowhole
02 Jun 09,, 22:04
Kaka himself is in Brazil with the national squad, so I doubt there would be anything on the table soon. It's fun to see some money racing between rich clubs though. I'm actually following all the news from Cadena Ser to La Gazzetta dello Sport (forget about AS and Marca, they are rubbish).

Castellano
02 Jun 09,, 22:11
Galliani is in Madrid though, the whole thing sounds true.

Marca is rubbish, AS is a lot better.

snowhole
02 Jun 09,, 22:15
Yea I know, before Chelsea was involved I was thinking two possibilities:

1. All leave to Kaka's own wish, whether to go or not, while the 2 clubs have agreed.
2. They do have a deal already but Kaka doesn't want his national matches disturbed so they kept it unofficial.

But after Chelsea was involved things changed. 80m transfer fee + 12m salary is huge, plus Ancelotti is there with Chelsea.

snowhole
02 Jun 09,, 23:34
Marca is rubbish, AS is a lot better.

Hmmm I don't know much about AS and Marca, but basing upon all their reports relating RM they just act like hardcore fanboys rather than professional newspaper.

stanmorek
07 Jun 09,, 12:28
Boo to Chelski!

Come on you Rs....! Pride of West London W12.

Blue & White Hoops (http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/World/)

snowhole
09 Jun 09,, 01:09
Well, 64.5 million euros, didn't break Zidane's record.

Merlin
09 Jun 09,, 09:04
What's this headline about, from Time?

North Korea Wipes Out Iran (http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1903279,00.html)

7 June [Time] It's the kind of headline even war hawks in Washington wouldn't dare dream up: North Korea delivers Iran a fatal blow. But on Saturday, it happened. ....

Castellano
09 Jun 09,, 21:40
Well, 64.5 million euros, didn't break Zidane's record.

Word is Florentino is going to spend 200 million, maybe more, so there is way to go. CR7 will break that record, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go to RMadrid this summer.

Barcelona should get Ribéry for the left attack. If they do, I believe Barça would be untouchable, no matter how much RMadrid spends.

Castellano
09 Jun 09,, 21:47
Hmmm I don't know much about AS and Marca, but basing upon all their reports relating RM they just act like hardcore fanboys rather than professional newspaper.

Well, their public is not the Financial Times crowd....But all in all, AS does have some excellent journalists & commentators, and there is at least some objectivity.

Marca is crude, tasteless, demagogic and manipulative. I hold them responsible for the absurd ousting of Luis Aragonés as national coach, our most succesful coach ever - it was basically down to media like Marca on behalf of the Madridistas, I have to say.

snowhole
09 Jun 09,, 22:10
I'm expecting an amazing attacking line and a poor defence one, what Florentino was born to make. ;)

Castellano
09 Jun 09,, 22:22
RMadrid already has good defensive players: Pepe, S Ramos, Lass. They need a couple more at most.

snowhole
09 Jun 09,, 22:49
Ramos is a bit bold. He's a tackling defender, not a marking defender. Pepe is nice, hope he doesn't get injured again. Lass is also nice, but I keep thinking of Makelele who Florentino stupidly sold. He might have the same fate.

snowhole
10 Jun 09,, 15:14
From all the competitions, in this summer, I was expecting to see Valencia becoming a supermarket, and Betis, and Newcastle. But seeing all the rumours going around, it's as if the AC Milan Supermarket had opened first.

tankie
10 Jun 09,, 15:17
The only name for N/Castle is owen ,, but he spends too much time injured .

Knaur Amarsh
10 Jun 09,, 16:05

Too true, he is a great player otherwise, and not a media whore either, one of my favourites .

snowhole
10 Jun 09,, 20:02

Well, actually Newcastle United itself is on sale. :cool:

Besides Owen, there are also a few good players for mid-level clubs.

Castellano
10 Jun 09,, 20:17
Correction: RMadrid is apparently to spend 300 million! euros in transfers this summer.

Word is CR7 is done for 100 million (90 for ManU, 10 in commissions)

snowhole
11 Jun 09,, 00:44
U.S. could play Iran for first time in nine years - Soccer - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/06/10/us.iran.ap/index.html)

U.S. could play Iran for first time in nine years

NEW YORK (AP) -- The United States might go to Iran in November for their first match in nearly a decade.

The friendly could be held in Tehran on Nov. 14 or 18, United States Soccer Federation president Sunil Gulati said on Wednesday.

"We've had discussions with the Iran federation about possibly playing a game during one of the international FIFA dates in November," Gulati said in a statement. "Obviously, these discussions are in the very preliminary stage due to the fact that both teams are still attempting to qualify for the World Cup and it is uncertain if either country would even be available to play on those dates, but it is something we are considering."

If the Americans play at Tehran, they would try to set up another US-Iran match in the United States in late 2010 or 2011.

The United States was upset 2-1 by Iran at the 1998 World Cup in France, then they played a 1-1 draw in a friendly at Pasadena, California in January 2000.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

snowhole
11 Jun 09,, 14:22
Correction: RMadrid is apparently to spend 300 million! euros in transfers this summer.

Word is CR7 is done for 100 million (90 for ManU, 10 in commissions)

Just saw it. He's really crazy (this time I mean it in a good way)............

snowhole
11 Jun 09,, 14:41
80 million pounds = 94 million euros = 130 million U.S. dollars

:eek:

Mercenary
12 Jun 09,, 18:21
wonder who united are going to get as a replacement to CR7 .... And Luis Antonio Valencia is certainly not the answer.... I half expect him to re-sign tevez get Valencia from wigan and decide thats that ! ... Ljajic is supposed to be a good winger from Partizan...

ArmchairGeneral
22 Jun 09,, 20:45
So the US is through to the semifinals. Unbelievable. I'll take it, though. Now for Spain. :eek:

snowhole
22 Jun 09,, 22:25
Yeah that was quite an surprise. Just can't believe that Italy sucks so now. Good for USA though. :)

Castellano
22 Jun 09,, 23:43
I'm happy about it. USA should have won in the 2006 WC game, but the referee basically stole the game.

snowhole
22 Jun 09,, 23:47
Well I just love to see the Italian national team fail. They are so boring.

Castellano
22 Jun 09,, 23:51
Catenaccio

Thing is, somehow, they tend to get away with it. That's why is good that the style of Spain triumphs, seriously.

snowhole
24 Jun 09,, 20:04
Line up.

Castellano
24 Jun 09,, 20:32
Everytime I see our midfield I feel...well, proud :)

snowhole
24 Jun 09,, 20:39
USA is doing well.

Castellano
24 Jun 09,, 20:42
Is a good game.

Hey people, why don't you try watching "soccer"

Here:

Veetle - View Channel (http://veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=4a321c6317469)

snowhole
24 Jun 09,, 20:49
USA dares to attack. They don't defend like Iraq did, they rather try to stop Spain's attack at their passes.

snowhole
24 Jun 09,, 20:56
Gosh I hate the horns.