PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Cartoon Network cartoon!!

Blue
11 Feb 09,, 03:35
I may set up a poll later on this....if I attempt to figure it out. Many of us "adults" watch a lot of cartoons due to the crapola on the tube these days.

What is your favorite cartoon network cartoon. I ask this as the Adult Swim at night is definitely NOT for kids.

My faves are;

#1. Venture brothers. As I was a big johnny Quest fan.
2. all the Batmans and all the Supermans.(Daytime non adult swim)
3. Boondocks
4. Metalocalypse
5. Squidbillies
6. Superjail
7. ATHF
8.Family Guy

dalem
11 Feb 09,, 03:58
1) Venture Brothers
2) Sealab 2021
3) Aqua Teen Hunger Force

-dale

TopHatter
11 Feb 09,, 04:07
I think that The Venture Brothers will probably be on the list of anybody who answers this thread. :cool:

The thing I love about these shows is how they speak to my generation, having growing up with the pop culture (usually television) of the 70s, 80s and 90s.

1. The Venture Brothers - Pretty much the best thing on TV these days. Far sharper and smarter than any live-action show IMO

2. Robot Chicken - Can be hit or miss, but when it's on target, you're laughing your ass off. The large number of authentic celebrity voices is particularly appealing.

3. Harvey Birdman - Sadly canceled, but probably a good thing as it wasn't exactly a show with staying power...especially after Colbert left.

Blue
11 Feb 09,, 04:58
I think that The Venture Brothers will probably be on the list of anybody who answers this thread. :cool:

The thing I love about these shows is how they speak to my generation, having growing up with the pop culture (usually television) of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Agreed. Looking back, there are others from the era that deserve recognition( another thread perhaps?). These are cool for exactly that reason.

1. The Venture Brothers - Pretty much the best thing on TV these days. Far sharper and smarter than any live-action show IMO
[B] Oh Yeah!

2. Robot Chicken - Can be hit or miss, but when it's on target, you're laughing your ass off. The large number of authentic celebrity voices is particularly appealing. I failed to mention, but you are exactly right! The Battlestar Gallactica stuff really made me laugh, then came the other episodes....Hillarious!!!
[B]

3. Harvey Birdman - Sadly canceled, but probably a good thing as it wasn't exactly a show with staying power...especially after Colbert left. Loved it, ode to your avatar!!!! I'm surprised this was not your #2 at least????............Mentak!!!!:biggrin:

gunnut
11 Feb 09,, 05:59
What? No one watches King of the Hill? Am I the only red neck here? :eek:

JOgershok
11 Feb 09,, 11:40
Sponge Bob Square Pants
Tom and Jerry

tankie
11 Feb 09,, 11:45
All the looney tunes , and the simpsons .;) some of the others mentioned here i aint not never heard of .:redface:

JamesCash
11 Feb 09,, 11:46
1. family guy
2. spongebob squarepants

If there was a channel where they would keep on repeating any of these two shows, I'd pay for it.

Knaur Amarsh
11 Feb 09,, 13:15
Southpark , but thats not shown on CN.

On CN - X- Men Evolution

Also like SpeedRacer , Two Stupid Dogs, Johnny Quest and Topcat(all four not on anymore), Courage the Cowardly Dog, Tintin, The Mask, Simpsons, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, King of the Hills, Looney Toons, Ed Edd n Eddy..they used to show Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics on Sundays earlier, that was pretty good.

Never watched Naruto, Dragon BallZ, Pokemon etc.,most people seem to like that sort of cartoons though. Tiny TV is also OK ( Pingu is good, Noddy is all right, Bob the builder is tolerable and Oswald is crap).

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 13:25
cow and chicken. :biggrin:

Southie
11 Feb 09,, 13:36
I love Cow and Chicken. Also Courage the Cowardly Dog!

Others that I like are Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Johnny Bravo, The Pirates of Dark Water, Johnny Quest and so many more!

Knaur Amarsh
11 Feb 09,, 13:42
I love Cow and Chicken. Also Courage the Cowardly Dog!

Others that I like are Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Johnny Bravo, The Pirates of Dark Water, Johnny Quest and so many more!

But not Pinky and the Brain? :P

Cow and Chicken isn't on air here, but I think I'd like it since it sounds like Two Stupid Dogs and Sheep in the big city.

Southie
11 Feb 09,, 14:00
But not Pinky and the Brain? :P

Cow and Chicken isn't on air here, but I think I'd like it since it sounds like Two Stupid Dogs and Sheep in the big city.

OMG...I can't believe I forgot Pinky and the Brain!!! Narf!!! :biggrin:

gabriel
11 Feb 09,, 14:03
Brain would have succeded in taking over the world already if only Pinky...:tongue:

Dreadnought
11 Feb 09,, 20:35
Once good cartoons are found I usually toss the remote.:))

1)Bugs, Daffy and friends.
2)Johnny Bravo
3)Family Guy

Utube: The older cartoons

Felix the Cat and others.

Im only naming a few mind you.;)

I wonder how many here have ever seen Submariner. The original version.

Knaur Amarsh
11 Feb 09,, 20:48
Once good cartoons are found I usually toss the remote.:))

1)Bugs, Daffy and friends.
2)Johnny Bravo
3)Family Guy

Felix the Cat and others.

Im only naming a few mind you.;)

Daffy Duck and Twisted Tales of Felix The Cat are great :))

Kommunist
11 Feb 09,, 20:57
All the looney tunes , and the simpsons .;) some of the others mentioned here i aint not never heard of .:redface:

Same here tankie........:redface:
Maybe Im a little ou-dated but my favourites are Popeye, Duck Tales, Tale Spin n Scooby Doo.... sometimes Tom n Jerry.

TopHatter
11 Feb 09,, 22:11
I still crack up over the old 1940s and 50s Tom and Jerry cartoons. The sound effects in particular are utterly priceless.

Probably the all-time classic Tom and Jerry, "Solid Serenade" features the song Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby and Tom doing his Charles Boyer routine (again).
GH9B8cZZkoA

zQOWoyfD6kY

This one in particular, when Nibbles the baby mouse constantly chops off the end of Tom's tail, the chopping sound and Tom's subsequent scream of pain are total classics.

ASlI41HNVOI

Southie
11 Feb 09,, 22:30
Ahhh...the Pink Panther cartoons were always my fav! And the Aardvark!

PanSonic
13 Feb 09,, 11:07
Family Guy
Metalocalypse

Don't remmeber the last time i watched the channel

Andrey Egorov
25 Feb 09,, 11:53
Tom and Jerry - surely the best (Fred Quimby period)
Treasure Island (russian) - not too close to Robert L. Stevenson book, but funny as hell
Roadrunner
Bugs Bunny
King of the Hill