PDA

View Full Version : Best Section In The Forum!!

Mobbme
09 Feb 09,, 19:29
Finally, the WAB gods have spoken, we've got our own section my REAL MEN WHO DRINK REAL BEER!! :)):))

I wonder what it would take for a mod to make the "puck drops tonight" thread a sticky??

Shiny Capstar
09 Feb 09,, 19:51
Finally, the WAB gods have spoken, we've got our own section my REAL MEN WHO DRINK REAL BEER!! :)):))

I wonder what it would take for a mod to make the "puck drops tonight" thread a sticky??

Beer? I think you'll need to go into hiding as the Colonel may be after your blood.

Herodotus
09 Feb 09,, 19:54
Most excellent, now we can talk sports without wading through all the other Pub threads-not that they are not good threads.

Mobbme
09 Feb 09,, 20:15
Beer? I think you'll need to go into hiding as the Colonel may be after your blood.

hehe,

beer and scotch!!!!!! :))

gunnut
09 Feb 09,, 20:18
hehe,

beer and scotch!!!!!! :))

Pretty much the only thing I drink these days.

Shek
09 Feb 09,, 21:08

You guys kept it damn near sticky through all the Pub traffic :eek: I'm sure you can keep track of it in this expansive subforum of 3 pages (and growing) :)

Mobbme
09 Feb 09,, 21:12
You guys kept it damn near sticky through all the Pub traffic :eek: I'm sure you can keep track of it in this expansive subforum of 3 pages (and growing) :)

:)):)):))

How about some sort've reward, like say, we reach 1500 or 2000 posts on that thread? ;)

I'll be the first to start posting and filling that thread with stats and more stats and more stats :))

Shek
09 Feb 09,, 21:26
What's the best free historical hockey stats database out there?

Herodotus
09 Feb 09,, 21:31
What's the best free historical hockey stats database out there?

http://www.hockey-reference.com/

Shek
09 Feb 09,, 21:44

Thanks - I'm looking to find databases that are downloadable and not just internet only - did I miss it or is this one internet only?

Herodotus
09 Feb 09,, 21:49
Thanks - I'm looking to find databases that are downloadable and not just internet only - did I miss it or is this one internet only?

You are right it is internet only. I don't know that there are any sites that are downloadable.

TopHatter
09 Feb 09,, 22:09

You may thank Comrade Shek and Comrade Ironduke for this bastion of maleness.

Personally, some of us don't watch sports at all and prefer rum to beer, but hey, each to his own :))

Mobbme
09 Feb 09,, 23:24

Unbelievable site, thanks for posting this Herodotus :)

Mobbme
09 Feb 09,, 23:26
You may thank Comrade Shek and Comrade Ironduke for this bastion of maleness.

Personally, some of us don't watch sports at all and prefer rum to beer, but hey, each to his own :))

I will be forever thankful :)

Rum is good. In liquor, I was an un-official vodka promoter, but I gave that up. I will only have beer now.

Exarecr
13 Feb 09,, 00:27
I will be forever thankful :)

Rum is good. In liquor, I was an un-official vodka promoter, but I gave that up. I will only have beer now.

Rum indeed. Acquired a taste for "the nectar of the Gods", while freezing my butt off in winter warfare training. We used to get this rum ration at night which was ironically, taken away from the Navy. The stuff was this over-proof thickish swill that almost did stick to ones ribs. In my platoon there were only about half of us who consumed the stuff so needless to say a couple of ounces of this at night after a day of humping around Churchill Manitoba really hit the spot.:))

tankie
13 Feb 09,, 00:46
i will be forever thankful :)

rum is good. In liquor, i was an un-official vodka promoter, but i gave that up. I will only have beer now.

wimp;)

Mobbme
13 Feb 09,, 02:02
wimp;)

:redface:

:tongue: