PDA

View Full Version : What is your ethnicity?

Ironduke
23 Sep 03,, 04:16
Me:

1/2 British (approx. 1/4 English, 1/8 Scottish, 1/8 Welsh)
1/8 Swedish
1/8 Russian
1/8 Slovenian
1/8 Italian

Ziska
23 Sep 03,, 04:24
1/8th Prussian (Brandenburg)
1/2 Welsh
3/8 Anglo-Saxon

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 06:52
How does one calculate these things? Parents, Grandparents, etc...?

Ironduke
23 Sep 03,, 14:11
Originally posted by bigross86
How does one calculate these things? Parents, Grandparents, etc...?
Great-grandparents, whatever.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say what are the nationalities of your ancestors. /shrug

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 15:20
Father: American. Fathers parents: Hungarian. Mother:Israeli. Mothers Parents: American/Russian. Mother's Grandparents: Polish. What does that make me?

TopHatter
23 Sep 03,, 15:44
Father: American. Fathers parents: Hungarian. Mother:Israeli. Mothers Parents: American/Russian. Mother's Grandparents: Polish. What does that make me?

Jewish? D'oh! Sorry, couldnt resist that one :dbanana Feel free to take a few potshots at me.

As for myself, let's see...

Lebanese on my mothers side, about a 25%. Don't know about any other part of her side though.

On Daddy's side, Scottish mostly, some Irish and I guess a little German thrown in for flavor

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 16:11
It's aiight. I was sort of expecting that from someone. Besides, you've got the banana!

:dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana

TopHatter
23 Sep 03,, 16:24
Dance you motherf--ker! Lol :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana

Lunatock
23 Sep 03,, 19:17
Born & raised in America. Three countries I know of that I'm a descendant of. Ireland, Poland, and Germany. And am a first generation Brooklyn exile. But thats where my heart still is.

Good chance it has nothing to do with lineage. But whats that first paragraph mean? That I'm Muslim? :w00t

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 19:43
No, it means that you're a pizza coated with Polish sausage and schnitzel eating, pipe-bomb blowing, gang whacking hoodlum who bends over and farts five times a day.

Please, don't take what I'm saying seriously...

:dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke

TopHatter
23 Sep 03,, 20:14
I don't think anybody here takes what you say seriously, especially with all of that dancing-banana pipesmoking stuff going on :devil (and don't that seriously either lol)

Praxus
23 Sep 03,, 20:21
50% German
45% Norwegion
5% English/Polish

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 20:29
Dude, you dissed my smiley. That's a cigar, not a pipe. Can't you tell by the pimp hat? Pimp's don't smoke pipes.

TopHatter
23 Sep 03,, 20:32
Ok, you got me on that one :smoke
I've enjoyed a pipe now and then, makes you feel like Sherlock Holmes or something.
The first and last time I was at Disney World, actually it was Pleasure Island, my friends and I stopped by the cigar shop there and bought a couple of big fat stogies and smoked 'em on the way to the bars. Time to do that again I think

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 20:35
The Disneyland part or the stogie and bar part?

TopHatter
23 Sep 03,, 20:45
The stogie and bar part, Pleasure Island. Lot of fun but they don't allow smoking in there anymore which really sucks the big one:flamemad

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 20:49
Maybe a whole lot of these will make you feel beter...

:smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke :smoke

Ironduke
23 Sep 03,, 20:50

Doesn't make sense.

Your mother has 1 Russian parent.
Your mother has 4 Polish grandparents.

bigross86
23 Sep 03,, 20:54
Well, I know two of her grandparents are definetely Russian. Don't know about the other two.

Lunatock
24 Sep 03,, 02:07
No, it means that you're a pizza coated with Polish sausage and schnitzel eating, pipe-bomb blowing, gang whacking hoodlum who bends over and farts five times a day.

Please, don't take what I'm saying seriously...

:dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke :dbanana :smoke

And why not?!?! That's the image I want to have :D

bigross86
24 Sep 03,, 07:37
Even the farting part?

2DREZQ
24 Sep 03,, 17:36
Mostly Norwegian on dads side, except his mother, who desends from pre-revolutionary war english immigrants. Traced all the way back to King John there.

My kids, though, can claim (through my wife's family) a great uncle who was the only member of the Dalton gang to ride out of Coffeyville Kansas alive. He had eleven slugs in him, and he fell out or the saddle, dead, a mile out of town. Another of them designed one of the feed systems for the gatling gun. My great-grandpa hid behind a rain barrel while the James gang was shooting the h#ll out of Northfield, MN.

bigross86
24 Sep 03,, 18:20
Sounds like fun...

Lunatock
24 Sep 03,, 19:34
Even the farting part?

Scratch the farting part. I've got good reflexes and am not too weak to hold them back. Until such times as it's not needed.

TopHatter
24 Sep 03,, 19:41
:puke There has got to be something better to talk about than farting.
Although, there was that one time I was going down on this chick and she farted, not bad, but it was there. No smell or anything. She was mortified for a few seconds but I reassured her that it was no big deal :wacko

Lunatock
24 Sep 03,, 20:04
Originally posted by 2DREZQ
Mostly Norwegian on dads side, except his mother, who desends from pre-revolutionary war english immigrants. Traced all the way back to King John there.

My kids, though, can claim (through my wife's family) a great uncle who was the only member of the Dalton gang to ride out of Coffeyville Kansas alive. He had eleven slugs in him, and he fell out or the saddle, dead, a mile out of town. Another of them designed one of the feed systems for the gatling gun. My great-grandpa hid behind a rain barrel while the James gang was shooting the h#ll out of Northfield, MN.

Can't remember the details much anymore. Got to try a free trial of one of those Geneology sites.

Probably bogus, but a free search revelaed info about a supposed ancestor. A Baron, from Norway it says. That lead some kind of battle in France.

Either helping to open a can of whoop ass on France. Or more impressively, and yet some how far less likely. Leading them to a military victory.

kingfrogger
24 Sep 03,, 21:31
Let's see...

1/2 Irish
1/4 Scottish
1/4 mutt (German, Danish, American Indian, whatever the hell else is mixed in there...)

Ray
04 Oct 03,, 16:02
Originally posted by TopHatter
:puke There has got to be something better to talk about than farting.
Although, there was that one time I was going down on this chick and she farted, not bad, but it was there. No smell or anything. She was mortified for a few seconds but I reassured her that it was no big deal :wacko

The poor girl passed wind because she had too much of Kentucky Fried Chicken and maybe you were rather a heavy weight on her and so the pressure translated into wind that was emitted through her posterior. It was fortitude that it did not offend your nostril.

However, I must say you were gallant to let it pass.:lol

Ray
04 Oct 03,, 16:09
Anybody
1 part Guiness gin
3 parts Russian vodka
3 parts scotch
the remainder heaven knows

and full cocktail under the table?:dbanana :dbanana

No offence meant. Just joking like Big Ross the bannana man.

Ironduke
05 Oct 03,, 15:55
Originally posted by 2DREZQ
I lived 15 miles from Northfield, MN for 5 years, and believe me, it was Northfield shooting the hell out of the James gang, not the other way around.

The Chap
27 Aug 04,, 05:28
Anglo - South African (British as opposed to Africaans)

Matriarchal is mostly Anglo with a little Irish and even less Scandinavian.
Patriarchal is White Russian/Anglo/Bulgarian.

So as you can see, my father's side works out especially well: stoic attitude to weather and a familiarity with the many uses of umberellas. ;) Just combine this with a healthy SA disregard for everything other than booze and guns. Ahh, bless.
Butter wouldn't melt ... :tongue:

Aryan
28 Aug 04,, 16:23
The poor girl passed wind because she had too much of Kentucky Fried Chicken and maybe you were rather a heavy weight on her and so the pressure translated into wind that was emitted through her posterior. It was fortitude that it did not offend your nostril.

However, I must say you were gallant to let it pass.:lol

Weight on her? Ray, how do you go down on your woman?

Ray
28 Aug 04,, 21:56
Now that would be telling.

Ofcourse, you won't understand since you go down on men! :)

Purdah
29 Aug 04,, 03:33
Mother:British(White)
Father: Kashmiri Indian.

lurker
29 Aug 04,, 03:36
1/2 Russian
1/4 Polish
1/4 Ukrainian

Aryan
29 Aug 04,, 03:46
Mother:British(White)
Father: Kashmiri Indian.

Whereabouts in Kashmir?

Rahul
29 Aug 04,, 05:07
Indian on both sides, from South India, around the city of Hyderabad.

The Chap
29 Aug 04,, 07:19
1/2 Russian
1/4 Polish
1/4 Ukrainian

I want you on my drinking team :biggrin:

visioninthedark
29 Aug 04,, 08:42
Mother: Kashmiri
Father: Kashmiri

Myself: Pakistani

Purdah
29 Aug 04,, 13:45
Dobry den' Lurker! K sozhaleniyu, ya poka ne govoryu po russki. But I am okay.

Waray Chuv vision in the dark. Tohi melyith gayi ma waryah kushti!

Oh yeah, from Kargil, around there I think.

The Chap
30 Aug 04,, 00:07
Dobry den' Lurker! K sozhaleniyu, ya poka ne govoryu po russki. But I am okay.

Now,now, didn't your mother teach you that it's not polite to speak a language in front of people that MAY not understand it? :rolleyes:

visioninthedark
30 Aug 04,, 00:20

ahansay, varaiy, toi chuva, varay??

really glad to meet u too ... :)

well ... my koshur is really weak since its only my grandparents who still speak it fluently ... my parents understand it perfectly but they don use it everyday ...

its mostly english and urdu for us now ...

sad ... I love my language ...

and hey, I'm TRULY happy to meet u ... !!!! :)

lurker
30 Aug 04,, 01:40
I want you on my drinking team :biggrin:
Lol :) Never been in UK
That might be good idea for my next vacation... :)

Purdah
30 Aug 04,, 12:43
ahansay, varaiy, toi chuva, varay??

really glad to meet u too ... :)

well ... my koshur is really weak since its only my grandparents who still speak it fluently ... my parents understand it perfectly but they don use it everyday ...

its mostly english and urdu for us now ...

sad ... I love my language ...

and hey, I'm TRULY happy to meet u ... !!!! :)

! That's great, my first language is Urdu(or hindi) too but I can understand Kashmiri :redface:

Dragoon
30 Aug 04,, 22:57
somebody top this mix

Grand Parents

Paternal
German/Irish
Anglo/scottish

Maternal
French/indian/black
German/french

Is there any wonder Im screwed up. :biggrin:

By the way a lot of my family history includes the Phrase he went home got a gun and shot him. :biggrin:

The Chap
01 Sep 04,, 00:12
somebody top this mix

Grand Parents

Paternal
German/Irish
Anglo/scottish

Maternal
French/indian/black
German/french

By the way a lot of my family history includes the Phrase he went home got a gun and shot him. :biggrin:

Uncle "Shooter Tony" did something similar. His ex-wife was dating a hippie who smoked dope around Tony's kids. So he shot him. For somewhat involved reasons he got off scot free. My other uncle and my Old Man still take the piss 'cos Tony didn't kill him. Call himself a South African indeed! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Asim Aquil
01 Sep 04,, 00:23
Lets see, Dad's family's from UP, India. He himself's from Interior Sindh, Pakistan. Mom's family's from Kashmir. She herself's from Lahore, Pakistan.

I'm born in Lahore too.

Purdah
02 Sep 04,, 12:26
dekhu kaise parbhat se badal gaye, barsay gayy, yeh ab kahan? dekhu kaise pholoon se khushboo gaye, mehkay gee.. yeh ab kahan??
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

malyaar
02 Sep 04,, 19:26
plz message in a way that is understandable to every one :cool:

Ray
02 Sep 04,, 20:35
He was being poetic.

The translation may have ruined the beauty.

Yet, you are right, he should have given it so that others could have also enjoyed the beauty in his recitation.

Dragoon
02 Sep 04,, 23:05
Uncle "Shooter Tony" did something similar. His ex-wife was dating a hippie who smoked dope around Tony's kids. So he shot him. For somewhat involved reasons he got off scot free. My other uncle and my Old Man still take the piss 'cos Tony didn't kill him. Call himself a South African indeed! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Hehe.

For giggle and grins..., My family Is From a Town Called WAR west Virginia

and on a less happy note
The last Guy That Murdered Any Of my kin was in the twenties They found him Hanging In the woods minus his Skin...., :eek: Try having to live up to that Reputation.

Dragoon

Purdah
03 Sep 04,, 03:45
Are you talking about me? Because I am not a HE.

Confed999
03 Sep 04,, 04:23
Are you talking about me? Because I am not a HE.
Well, most of the posters here are male, allmost all really, and the profile doesn't show sex, so you'll probably get that alot. Don't feel bad. ;)

Purdah
03 Sep 04,, 07:47
Alright well, you know now.

Asim Aquil
03 Sep 04,, 09:43
Lol, see only I'm supposed to use poetic lines :D. Purdah's lines were the 1st few lines of this song whose lyrics in my signature (which I've changed 2 days ago I guess). Some Pakistani song, you guys won't get it, but it was in Spiderman 2 :).

Ray told me once, to translate my urdu, once before... Think I should start doing that. Naah loses its umph, you guys should research, instead :D haha

Purdah
03 Sep 04,, 17:29
That's true, in the past when I have translated Urdu poems they lost their touch.. You'll only understand the true meaning if you read it in Hindustani!

Anyway, Milkar bahut achha laga. Kya yeh tumhari tasveer hai .. ? Lol. :eek:

Jay
03 Sep 04,, 17:46
Ray told me once, to translate my urdu, once before... Think I should start doing that. Naah loses its umph, you guys should research, instead :D haha
Other than Lucknow wallahs and a small percentage of muslims none of us speak Urdu in India. Hindustani is easy to understand than Urdu, I think!

Purdah
03 Sep 04,, 17:50
That would be correct.

Do you speak Hindustani? It isn't vastly different from Urdu.

The Chap
03 Sep 04,, 22:27
Hehe.

For giggle and grins..., My family Is From a Town Called WAR west Virginia

and on a less happy note
The last Guy That Murdered Any Of my kin was in the twenties They found him Hanging In the woods minus his Skin...., :eek: Try having to live up to that Reputation.

Dragoon
I defer. Should I post a banjo? :biggrin:

The Chap
03 Sep 04,, 22:30
Other than Lucknow wallahs and a small percentage of muslims none of us speak Urdu in India. Hindustani is easy to understand than Urdu, I think!
Yet fortunately most speak English or a pidgin form of it. Probably best for all if we abide. :)

Ironduke
03 Sep 04,, 23:09
somebody top this mix

Grand Parents

Paternal
German/Irish
Anglo/scottish

Maternal
French/indian/black
German/french

Ethnically, I top you. Racially, your mix tops.

I didn't list them, but I am also 1/16 Norweigan and a very small fraction French, on top of what I listed. I don't list them because the fraction is so small, and I just say on my dad's side it's British, with approx. 1/2 English, 1/4 Scottish, 1/4 Welsh. So, 10 distinct ethnicities.

Dragoon
04 Sep 04,, 09:48
I defer. Should I post a banjo? :biggrin:

I'm a bit of a black sheep..., I moved away use another name and married outside the family :biggrin:

Dragoon

mostlymad
12 Sep 04,, 02:51
Paternal: British

Maternal: European French / North American Native (Ojibwa/Algonquin)

Aryan
12 Sep 04,, 04:21
Paternal: British

Maternal: European French / North American Native (Ojibwa/Algonquin)

Thats pretty interesting...

mostlymad
13 Sep 04,, 08:05
Thats pretty interesting...

that's my favourite part of growing up - the native traditions and spirituality I found very beautiful, but I felt a bit of an outcast because I don't look native, like some of my relatives do.

AussieSoldier
14 Sep 04,, 05:33
I am Australian but my family is Irish and Italian.

Eire ie Brooke!

mostlymad
14 Sep 04,, 12:45
I am Australian but my family is Irish and Italian.

Eire ie Brooke!

I knew someone of that particular mix - said that made him a lover and a fighter.

The Chap
14 Sep 04,, 12:58
I knew someone of that particular mix - said that made him a lover and a fighter.
Or a very well dressed drunk :rolleyes: :)

AussieSoldier
16 Sep 04,, 05:44

Well the loving part aren't coming easy at the moment, lol. Though the fighting is not too bad, my best mate in the army just discharged and is going back west, we went and mixed it up on Tuesday night, probably a good idea if I stay away from town this weekend, lol.

Ray
16 Sep 04,, 09:04

:)

That's a real good one.

Haven't laughed so much for a long time.

Thanks.

Darwin claims that mankind can claim ethnicity to the monkey. I wonder.

Confed999
17 Sep 04,, 02:30
Darwin claims that mankind can claim ethnicity to the monkey. I wonder.
Wasn't "blue-green algae" the life form that started it all?

Ziska
17 Sep 04,, 02:41
I thought it had been settled that life cannot naturally arise out of non-life.

ie, there had to have been something there to begin with.

Confed999
17 Sep 04,, 02:59
I thought it had been settled that life cannot naturally arise out of non-life.

ie, there had to have been something there to begin with.
Seems life would have had to start somewhere, or there would be no life at all. Would you mind explaining?

Ziska
17 Sep 04,, 03:04
well, I believe that God created the world, ala genesis 1-4.

Confed999
17 Sep 04,, 03:15
well, I believe that God created the world, ala genesis 1-4.
Then you consider God life? I thought God transcends life in Christianity? (I believe in God as well, but I was commenting on Darwin's theory. Though I believe evolution could easily have been the method God used to create life. ;) )

Ziska
17 Sep 04,, 03:43
eh, I was just taking a stab at atheistic evolutionists. Someone had to get the ball rolling.

Confed999
17 Sep 04,, 03:52
eh, I was just taking a stab at atheistic evolutionists. Someone had to get the ball rolling.
LOL :) Naughty...

Ray
17 Sep 04,, 06:45
All BALLS rolling :)

Amled
17 Sep 04,, 09:49
Both parensts Danish.
Grandparents Danish.
Family rumours has it that somewhere befor this, a Swede came in to pollute the purity of the genetic makeup! :eek:

AussieSoldier
17 Sep 04,, 10:22
Both parensts Danish.
Grandparents Danish.
Family rumours has it that somewhere befor this, a Swede came in to pollute the purity of the genetic makeup! :eek:

well we're practically cousions since the latest edition to the danish royal family is Australian. ;) :cool: :tongue: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

mostlymad
17 Sep 04,, 12:52
Wasn't "blue-green algae" the life form that started it all?

that's great, Confed. :biggrin: Thanks for the laugh so early in my day!

and in response to - "I thought it had been settled that life cannot naturally arise out of non-life.
ie, there had to have been something there to begin with." (Ziska)

Not debating religion with this, Ziska, but no, this was not established. According to scientific research and experiments done on the subject, with the right conditions - energy sources, chemicals that make up molecules of life, the building blocks of life can naturally arise from "non-life", molecules, atoms. Then these combine to form life, again with the right conditions.

I met a Catholic priest who said, "What difference does it make if God chose to create Man through the wonder of evolution rather through blowing on a handful of dust? Is the miracle any less great?" I thought it was a nice statement.

Darwin believed in God.

Ziska
20 Sep 04,, 00:27
I met a Catholic priest who said, "What difference does it make if God chose to create Man through the wonder of evolution rather through blowing on a handful of dust? Is the miracle any less great?" I thought it was a nice statement.

Darwin believed in God.

Not that this would bother a catholic, but it makes a difference because the bible says the world was created in 6 days, not via evolution.

And yes, darwin believed in a god. Most people do. The difference is whether they believe in a standoffish, diest god, or an interventionist God.

mostlymad
20 Sep 04,, 04:51
Not that this would bother a catholic, but it makes a difference because the bible says the world was created in 6 days, not via evolution.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, Ziska, that it wouldn't bother a Catholic. If you mean they don't care about the Bible as being true, you are wrong. Some do, some don't, just as with many religions. Can't argue that one with me since I was raised Catholic, very devout Catholic mother, attended Catholic schools most of my life.

Now evolution is allowed to be taught in schools, not as a fact, but as another possible method of creation, since it has become impossible for most people to deny the evidence of the age of the Earth, the existence of fossils, etc.

The Christian bible was written by men, over a long period of time. I think it is good that the Catholic church can acknowledge that it may not be accurate in everything, while still maintaining the important teachings that make us want to be good people.

If this wasn't what you meant, then I apologize. :)

mostlymad
20 Sep 04,, 04:54
forgot - what the preist meant by what difference does it make was don't be concerned about things like how god did it, only that he did it, and focus on the more important aspects of spirituality. I thought it was a fine answer, much better than crushng someone who asks by saying, oh, it is wrong to question, to doubt!

Confed999
20 Sep 04,, 05:52
the bible says the world was created in 6 days, not via evolution.
So God doesn't have the power to cause millions of years of evolution in 6 days? I allways figured an omnipotent god could do anything. ;)

mostlymad
20 Sep 04,, 06:06
So God doesn't have the power to cause millions of years of evolution in 6 days? I allways figured an omnipotent god could do anything. ;)

LOL (you bad boy) That's a happy one to go to sleep on. 'Night!

Ray
20 Sep 04,, 07:44
God created in 6 days and on the 7th, He rested.

Unfortuntely, we rest 6 days and work for one! ;)

Ziska
21 Sep 04,, 05:22

well, that is what creationists have been saying for ages.

And about the catholics, they hold that the church is necessary to interperet the bible. So it doesn't really matter what you think the bible says. What matters is what the church says.

And as soon as you take the opinion that the bible was written by man and may contain errors, how can you believe any of it?

mostlymad
21 Sep 04,, 14:36
And as soon as you take the opinion that the bible was written by man and may contain errors, how can you believe any of it?

It's more than an opinion; the new testament states which disciple wrote what. As for not believing any of it - is it not possible to recognize that some parts may be true, while others are not? That's like saying if you lie once, everything you say is a lie, or if you make one mistake, everything you do is a mistake.

Confed999
22 Sep 04,, 02:39
Unless you believe God passed his word down, in terms the people could understand.

The Chap
22 Sep 04,, 04:29
'just curious;
If By and Large Christianity considers polygomy a sin, why does Christ have so many brides? :confused: :biggrin:

-{SpoonmaN}-
22 Sep 04,, 05:59
Me, I'm 1/2 Irish, 1/4 German-Jewish, 1/8 Norwegian and 1/8 French.
And my family ditched religion long ago, although we still respect it. Personally I don't think we need organised religion, because it's obvious that any higher beings in the universe don't give a damn about our problems.

Confed999
22 Sep 04,, 06:02
it's obvious that any higher beings in the universe don't give a damn about our problems.
You may be right, but then again, we've gotten this far... ;)

Samudra
22 Sep 04,, 11:33
Me 100% Indian.There aint any known inter-caste marriage we know of.Hence the lack of variety. :frown:

Guess grands made good escape from islamic invaders by migrating down ,down south.

ajaybhutani
23 Sep 04,, 13:18
u can take me too as 100% indian.no caste or ethnic feelings in my family LOL..

Ray
23 Sep 04,, 21:08
Thought I knew my ethnicity.

But then Xingpindpoyang or something (do forgive me since I can't remember the exact name) said I am a monkey. Being the wise Communist all knowing sage, I reckon the Red book cannot be doubted! ;) He has read Darwin apart from the All Embracing Mao's Red Crap! :) But Darwin is a bum. Mao the Great Helmsman is the panacea of all sociatal issues.

He should know. He is the vanguard of the Red Brigade and the leader of the peasant and the labourer class yelling 'Red Salute'. All excepting the Communists are monkeys. I wonder what they are!

It is you, the capitalists, who don't understand the verities of life. Only the Commies do like the one who is to succeed Hu flung what? Liaoxingzang or whatever be the name is the next one to succeed.

Kowtow Kowtow chaps. That is if you know what is good for you :biggrin:

mostlymad
24 Sep 04,, 13:32
All excepting the Communists are monkeys.

that explains my propensity to pick up objects with my feet. Ma shoulda told me. :mad:

Jay
24 Sep 04,, 16:11
Thats fine, unless you pick em using your tail :biggrin:

Ray
24 Sep 04,, 21:27

Rather Talibanish and Wahabi.

Then what the differnce between modern Christianity and the Wahabis?

We stop using our brains and go gung ho on religious stuff that are suspect in modern times?

Much of all this is to make the illiterates understand the power of God and explain things which otherwise could not be explained in those times.

Those who cling to Biblical words without the intelligence of the modern world are archaic and no better than the Moslems who believe that the Sharia is the last word in life. Stuff written when men were still in a trauma of evolution from monkeys to modern mankind!

Ray
24 Sep 04,, 21:34
If I may add.

The Clash of Civilisation is not about what or who is you God.

It is the clash of modernity with medieval crap, totally pout of synch with the contemporary world.

The Chap
25 Sep 04,, 05:48
If I may add.

The Clash of Civilisation is not about what or who is you God.

It is the clash of modernity with medieval crap, totally pout of synch with the contemporary world.

A very Marxist statement. " Clash etc. " is historisist, then followed - quite literally - by a modernist assertion. Modern times would suggest the clash of Civ or indeed Civs is very much about "what or who is your God/god". Dialectical materialism, doctrinal schism, Issac vs Abraham uns. ...

visioninthedark
02 Oct 04,, 00:02
dekhu kaise parbhat se badal gaye, barsay gayy, yeh ab kahan? dekhu kaise pholoon se khushboo gaye, mehkay gee.. yeh ab kahan??
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pakistani band "Strings" - Spiderman OST ... :)