Murder-Suicide - 2 Different States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder-Suicide - 2 Different States

Wow...Just a day apart, and two families are found dead. A family of 7 in CA and a family of 4 in Ohio. Both times the father's killed their wife and children and then killed themselves. And both are because of losing jobs, and being in debt. Things get bad, but so bad to kill your entire family?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28899231/ - CA Family

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28907442/ - OH Family
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

This is just dreadful, I hope that there are not going to be a lot of these in the near future.

I was informed this afternoon that we are going on three working days a week as of February, who knows what the future will bring.

Tony
    Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
      Wow...Just a day apart, and two families are found dead. A family of 7 in CA and a family of 4 in Ohio. Both times the father's killed their wife and children and then killed themselves. And both are because of losing jobs, and being in debt. Things get bad, but so bad to kill your entire family?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28899231/ - CA Family

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28907442/ - OH Family
      It's a hell of a thing not being able to provide for your family. It can be quite emasculating for some men. I'm not trying to justify what they did, its just not surprising.

Comment

It is sad beyond words these two individuals saw murder-suicide as the only way out of their present dire situations. No matter how bad life gets there are always options and there is always support.

I wonder if these two men had any underlying mental health problems…that would explain a hell of a lot.

Nebula82.
        Last edited by nebula82; 30 Jan 09,, 06:57.

Comment

I was talking this over with the wife and she said that life goes on, it may not be the type of life that we would want or even wish for, but it still goes on, I'm with the wife on this.

Tony
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

If anything I would think the men would have just committed suicide instead of killing their entire families. However, I don't think the insurance pays out if the cause of death is suicide.
            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
            sigpic

Comment

Why kill the entire family , selfish bastards .

Comment

If anything I would think the men would have just committed suicide instead of killing their entire families. However, I don't think the insurance pays out if the cause of death is suicide.
                It depends on the company policy. Some companies give a one year rule after the policy is is made, i.e. if a person commits suicide during the first year of the policy it is null and void, but after that you get the money.

It was selfish or self-centered thinking on the part of the men; my family can't live without me mentality, but there are of course those kinds of people out there unfortunately.

Comment

Why do you assume that they had insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by GraniteForge View Post
                    Why do you assume that they had insurance?
                    I wasn't necessarily assuming that they had insurance, or at least didn't mean to. So sorry...

I was simply making a statement regarding insurance and suicides and didn't know if they pay out or not!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X