No announcement yet.

Surely this cant be right ?? can it ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely this cant be right ?? can it ??

Breaking News

Row as 'gay couple adopt children

A recovering drug addict whose two children are reportedly to be adopted by a gay couple has told how she had wanted them to have a "mum and dad".

The woman, who has not been identified, was unable to look after her five-year-old boy and his four-year-old sister.

The children, from Edinburgh, had been cared for by their grandparents but were, according to the Daily Mail newspaper, placed in foster care and are to be adopted by a gay couple.

The mother told the newspaper: "I did not under any circumstances want my children to be placed with gay men. I wanted them to have a mum and a dad."

The grandparents, aged 59 and 46, had looked after the youngsters almost from birth, according to the newspaper. But they said concerns about their age and health had led to social workers considering them unsuitable to look after the children.

Council chiefs in Edinburgh took them to court to remove their rights to care for them, the paper said. The youngsters have been in foster care while the legal action took place over the last two years.

The grandparents said they eventually gave up their legal fight because of rising costs. Now it has emerged that social workers have placed the brother and sister with a gay couple. And the grandparents claim they have been warned they risk never seeing the youngsters again if they continue with their opposition to the same-sex adoption.

Peter Kearney, a spokesman for the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland, said it was a devastating decision which would have a serious impact on the welfare of the children involved.

The grandfather told the Daily Mail: "It breaks my heart to think that our grandchildren are being forced to grow up in an environment without a mother figure. We are not prejudiced but I defy anyone to explain to us how this can be in their best interests. The ideal for any child is to have a loving father and loving mother."

No-one was available for comment from Edinburgh City Council.

TANKIE
    I have nothing against a persons sexuality , but this, in my mind is WRONG , how will the kids feel when they start to grow up ? will they be bullied ?? constantly have the piss taken out of them at school ??

THERE MUST BE HUNDREDS OF COUPLES , MAN AND WIFE ,THAT COULD HAVE ADOPTED .

COUNCIL OFFICIALS AND BLOODY SOCIAL WORKERS NEED A GOOD KICK IN THE ARSE. IMO
    Last edited by tankie; 29 Jan 09,, 10:17.

option one: a (maybe former) drug addict single woman who has her grandparents do the work (as long as they are still able to do)

option two: a gay couple

If these are the only options I would take number two anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
      option one: a (maybe former) drug addict single woman who has her grandparents do the work (as long as they are still able to do)

option two: a gay couple

If these are the only options I would take number two anyday.
      Good for you T/M ,and maybe they would both be good mothers .

but they ARE NOT the only options .There are hundreds of childless couples who would grab the chance ,, why did they (councillors and social workers ) pick GAY men F.F.S , being a gay person in itself is up to the individual , but they can not concieve , so why do they want children , come to think of it , why be gay if they do want kids ,
      Last edited by tankie; 29 Jan 09,, 11:01.

Comment

Gays are very sensitive and caring.
        HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
          I wouldnt know , as i said David , im not against gay men,or women (in any shape or form ) but its the childrens welfare here , that is paramount .
          The officials have not thought this through properly IMO

Imagine the bullying they will get at school , they cant even say , i will fetch my dad to you and if its a girl doing the bullying , who,s gonna be mum ,The kids are in for a hell ov a time , as we know , children are the worst bullies of all ,

but you never know ,if they do get bullied ,maybe they will grow up to be champion boxers ;)
          Last edited by tankie; 29 Jan 09,, 13:16.

Comment

Let me get this straight. With absolutely no evidence that the grandparents are unfit, they took the kids away from family can gave them to strangers.

What a load of horsepuckey.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Let me get this straight. With absolutely no evidence that the grandparents are unfit, they took the kids away from family and gave them to strangers.

What a load of horsepuckey.
              Thats about the strength of it Col. Pisses one off does it not , and no ordinary strangers either , but now its in the news and public eye i reckon the story aint dead yet .

Unlike the officials who should be .

Comment

I think having a gay family member is ok to help raise, like David said they are caring. But to have all gay parents? Thats just wrong.

Why is it that people who are against religion, who do things that are against religious values, still want to hand pick stuff that came from religion for their personal preference?

Marriage is a holy re-union. Having kids is when a man and woman become intimate -after their holy marriage. Why do gays even want to get married? There shouldnt be non-religious weddings.

Comment

The mother should have thought about it before doing drugs...or quit doing drugs.

Bottom line, don't rely on other people to take care of your kids.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

You stereotyper you.;)
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I do see problems of bullying as Tankie points out but it depends on the neighbourhood they live in. The major fault I see is that there is only effectively one role model for the children. Those kids need to experience a sane stable female rather than the druggie ******** mum they currently have. I'm also astonished that a 56 and 45 year old are considered too old, and that the local council has such power.
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Grandparents Too Old: BS

I come from a culture where grandparents are considered as much a part of the family as the parents.

In this case the grandparents are not that old either. My own parents are a bit older than the ages stated here, and when we visit home they take complete ownership of caring for our 1 year old daughter. I know that my wife and I would not hesitate for a moment in leaving our daughter in their care should something happen to us.

As the Colonet said, complete BS
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          I wouldnt know
                          And I would?

I was being facetious. You people are talking stereotypically and in knee-jerk reflexes, so was I. I have no proper evidence to suggest what gays behave like either way.

Imagine the bullying they will get at school , they cant even say , i will fetch my dad to you and if its a girl doing the bullying, who,s gonna be mum ,The kids are in for a hell ov a time , as we know , children are the worst bullies of all ,
                          Simple solution - deal with the bullies. 100 lines saying "I will not be an intolerant little brat, and will mind my own business" with an apology.

That's quite politically correct of you - instead of dealing with the actual bad guys, little brats who bully, you want to remove things they unreasonably consider offensive, i.e. to change other people's parents. It's like banning things possibly offensive to Islam instead of telling the extremist nutters that we live in a free society and if they have a problem, they can suck it.

Personally the necessity of having a healthy mix of role models, male and female, is my rationale for discriminating against gay couples adopting, but if you want to make the world nice and inoffensive for intolerant bullies, even at the cost of finding good parents, what can I do. Yes, based on the info it's not a good decision considering the original guardians, but what you say is basically against gay parents in and of itself, never mind alternatives.

Originally posted by Mobbme
                          I think having a gay family member is ok to help raise, like David said they are caring.
                          *Slaps hand across eyes*

But to have all gay parents? Thats just wrong.

Why is it that people who are against religion, who do things that are against religious values, still want to hand pick stuff that came from religion for their personal preference?
                          Marriage is an exclusively religious institution? So which religion would that be, Christianity? Hinduism? Zoroastrianism? The religion I made up in the last five seconds called "Don't-be-a-gitism"? Does this mean that any sort of loving union between people is automatically religious?

Marriage is a holy re-union.
                          Not the way most (freedom-lovin') governments around the world see it, and with good reason. Define 'holy'. Whose holy? To what intensity?

Having kids is when a man and woman become intimate -after their holy marriage. Why do gays even want to get married?
                          Why does anyone want to get married?

There shouldnt be non-religious weddings.
                          By force of law? Bit o' the old theocracy for breakfast then?
                          HD Ready?

Comment

Always...Always...Always,family MUST have the first shot at the child. The grandparents,the blood relatives must have 100% rights to the grandchildren if there has to be a choice. Next in line should be a man and women couple. If 2 men together or 2 women together can,t produce between them a biological child,then why in gods name should we have to provide them with something they are not physically capable of producing. I guess 25 years of political correctness has turned the left into Darwin's "darlin,s" of the new age. Man, women, child. Nature had it right the first time...and still does.

Comment

*Slaps hand across eyes*
                              lol

Marriage is an exclusively religious institution? So which religion would that be, Christianity? Hinduism? Zoroastrianism? The religion I made up in the last five seconds called "Don't-be-a-gitism"? Does this mean that any sort of loving union between people is automatically religious?
                              Where did marriage come from?

Love happens before marriage for most of the situations.

If you start a religion where Chuck Norris is god, i'm all game.

Not the way most (freedom-lovin') governments around the world see it, and with good reason. Define 'holy'. Whose holy? To what intensity?
                              Good reason? Yeah every marriage has to be licensed and registered, thats just how the times are now.

I think you should "google" holy ;)

Why does anyone want to get married?
                              I'm single. I can't answer that question.

But if you're upset with your girlfriend, you're ranting to the wrong guy. I'd just smack ya and tell you to be a man and stop your crying.

By force of law? Bit o' the old theocracy for breakfast then?
                              I had apples for breakfast, thank you.

David, are you an athiest? If you are, I have no interest in talking about religion or anything "holy" with you. No matter what I say or what you say, we can never see eye to eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X