Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Stop Killer With Baseball Bats

by Roger Sinasohn Jan 21st 2009 5:00PM

A would-be killer armed with a handgun is no match for a pair of eight-year-olds with baseball bats.

Listen to this one: After his girlfriend broke up with him, Charles Arby Bradley of Gainesville, FL, tried to reconcile, but she wasn't having any of it. Each time she turned him down, however, he threatened her with violence. Scary, right?

On Sunday, Bradley came up behind the woman as she was leaving her home, hit her in the back of the head with a handgun, then stuck it in her face and threatened to kill her. I don't like where this is heading, either.

But here comes the heroes. The woman's eight-year-old son and his friend were watching the whole thing. They didn't just watch, however. Using baseball bats, they attacked Bradley and chased him off. They then went to the police to report the incident and Bradley is now in custody.

How would you feel if your young child came to your rescue? Relieved? Guilty? Both, and more?

I wouldn't normally suggest hitting an armed man, especially while he's threatening to kill someone -- and double especially if you're an 8-year-old kid -- but it seems to have worked out for the best in this case. Those are definitely two brave boys and I hope the woman took them out for as much ice cream as they can eat or something even better. Good job, boys!

This definitely could have gone the wrong way but those boys are heroes non the less!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Originally posted by Southie View Post
    by Roger Sinasohn Jan 21st 2009 5:00PM

A would-be killer armed with a handgun is no match for a pair of eight-year-olds with baseball bats.

Listen to this one: After his girlfriend broke up with him, Charles Arby Bradley of Gainesville, FL, tried to reconcile, but she wasn't having any of it. Each time she turned him down, however, he threatened her with violence. Scary, right?

On Sunday, Bradley came up behind the woman as she was leaving her home, hit her in the back of the head with a handgun, then stuck it in her face and threatened to kill her. I don't like where this is heading, either.

But here comes the heroes. The woman's eight-year-old son and his friend were watching the whole thing. They didn't just watch, however. Using baseball bats, they attacked Bradley and chased him off. They then went to the police to report the incident and Bradley is now in custody.

How would you feel if your young child came to your rescue? Relieved? Guilty? Both, and more?

I wouldn't normally suggest hitting an armed man, especially while he's threatening to kill someone -- and double especially if you're an 8-year-old kid -- but it seems to have worked out for the best in this case. Those are definitely two brave boys and I hope the woman took them out for as much ice cream as they can eat or something even better. Good job, boys!

This definitely could have gone the wrong way but those boys are heroes non the less!
    This is really great. Good job boys. (But risky, it could well may have ended some other way)

However, how can you tell that the guy was a 'would be killer'? Pointing a gun or threatening doesn't make one a killer, does it? Not that I sympathise with him, but just a technicality.:))
    Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Originally posted by Kommunist View Post
      However, how can you tell that the guy was a 'would be killer'? Pointing a gun or threatening doesn't make one a killer, does it? Not that I sympathise with him, but just a technicality.:))
      Killing someone makes you a killer.

Pointing a gun and stating something to the effect that you will shoot them makes you a "would-be killer."
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I'm sure she had a notion this guy was violent much before this. Maybe that is why she wouldn't reconcile. Story says "each time he wanted to reconcile" would to know how many times this creepazoid tried.

People just don't come around with guns and hit other people in the head and threaten to kill them without some sort of power/control/issues.
        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

kids must've been playing too many video games.

Comment

Mark my words.
            We will soon hear the words, "We must ban all baseball bats immediately if we want a more peaceful and civilized nation."
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Mark my words.
              We will soon hear the words, "We must ban all baseball bats immediately if we want a more peaceful and civilized nation."
              I hate to agree with you, but must.:(
              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Pointing a gun and stating something to the effect that you will shoot them makes you a "would-be killer."
                Maybe he just wanted to wound her...

We always assume people want to kill other people. Maybe some just wanted to injure. I think the guy was just misunderstood...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

You honor the threat. When someone points a gun at you assume the threat of deadly force. That means point a gun at me and I know you're going to kill me. I will probably respond to my eminent demise by killing you. Maybe, just maybe, if I shoot you with your own gun you won't get killed.

I don't point guns at people. I was trained not to even reach for my gun unless I meant to pull it out of it's holster. Not to pull it out of it's holster unless I mean to shoot. Not to shoot unless I mean to kill. That means I won't pull my gun unless I think you're going to kill me but If I do pull my gun, you're dead.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post

Take them to Chuckie Cheese ...............
                    Μολὼν λαβέ
                    Hakkaa Päälle

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      Mark my words.

Yeah That ........
                      Μολὼν λαβέ
                      Hakkaa Päälle

Comment

Originally posted by RadioPatrol View Post
                        Take them to Chuckie Cheese ...............
                        Where more fights break out between rednecks than one could imagine. I blame it on the bad pizza.

Comment

Good for those boys!! Too bad they didn't kill the cowardly bastard. And before we discuss sending them off for counseling if they did and tag them as some misfit of our society, let's remember that they where defending thier MOTHER who in thier eyes is the whole world. They should be commended for thier courage and quick action instead of analyzed.

Comment

I had a friend in High School that moved out to California from Kalamazoo, Michigan (too much snow there I guess).

One summer his neighborhood was being plagued by a prowler sneaking into homes at night where some windows were open for cool air (no privately owned air conditioners then).

One night he tried to get into my friend's house through his bedroom window. My friend quietly got out of bed, picked up his baseball bat and as soon as the prowler's knuckles were over the window sill ---BAM.

It was a home run too. All the police had to look for was a guy at a hospital or clinic with a bunch of broken knuckles.
                            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                              I had a friend in High School that moved out to California from Kalamazoo, Michigan (too much snow there I guess).

One summer his neighborhood was being plagued by a prowler sneaking into homes at night where some windows were open for cool air (no privately owned air conditioners then).

One night he tried to get into my friend's house through his bedroom window. My friend quietly got out of bed, picked up his baseball bat and as soon as the prowler's knuckles were over the window sill ---BAM.

It was a home run too. All the police had to look for was a guy at a hospital or clinic with a bunch of broken knuckles.
                              The world as it should be. Your neighbor did a better job on the perp than any judge could have.
                              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X