Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Unthinkable - Iran Nuclear strike against Israel

The Unthinkable

What do members think would happen were Iran to strike Israel with a nuclear weapon, largely wiping out the Israeli nation?

- Would the US respond and what would be the objective be?
    - How would the Middle East react?
    - Would Europe take any military action?

All I know is that the pacifists who downplayed the threat of Iran would have blood on their hands.
    Thank God, I have done my duty

By the time they get it together Israel will be better off then they can imagine. Throwing a nuclear warhead is easy. Being on the recieving end after the one you threw was destroyed is quite another. BOOM!:P
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

they"re would be a memorial in iran saying this glazed glass surface was the iranean military empire after a short war that shouldnt have happened in the first place.

Comment

Hmm, I question the US resolve to strike Iran after the event, what would be the target? Would they attempt regime change? That would never work in Iran.
        Thank God, I have done my duty

Comment

granted it would be the largest air assault missilles and planes ever seen,the u.s would, i think the quote ive been hearing"bomb them back into the stoneage" would become a reality,no infrastructure left intact.if israel was nuked.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSydneySmith View Post
            Hmm, I question the US resolve to strike Iran after the event, what would be the target? Would they attempt regime change? That would never work in Iran.
            IMO, I dont hink the U.S. would need too by the time Israel launched. You can pretty much bet Tehran is on the list and all government targets. The rest need not be targeted as much of the infastructures around Tehran will crumble once the aerial blast resinds towards the ground such as in the atom bombs case in Tokyo and the shock waves start rolling out. The Nuclear reactors are also definately on the list as well most likely any troop installations, airports or runways, Naval installations etc. No country need occupy as most of the livable parts would more then likely become unihabitable. The border countries would be taking all of the refugees that is after several UN meetings. I doubt very much that what the Iranian people want. But what the people want and what their religious leaders want are more then likely two different things.

Its certainly not something the rest of the civilized world wants to see but what can you do when you have a president of a country call for another country to be whiped off the map and support this theory through the use of terror groups that do nothing but cause death. Sooner or later the check must get paid. Perhaps the idiot should consider what his words actually mean in the civilized world religion or no religion. If they want to see the 13th Imam so badly then continue threatening Israel and he may come alot sooner then most Iranians think due to their governments support for terror groups and nuclear arms.
            Last edited by Dreadnought; 14 Jan 09,, 18:25.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

As the others have stated, I don't think the US would need to respond militarily. Most of the response would be in the form of humanatarian aid to the survivors in both nations.

But I don't think Iran would strike Israel with Nuke. Any nuke in Israel would likely be of terrorist origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                Any nuke in Israel would likely be of terrorist origin.
                Pakistan is the closest example that could apply to this scenario.

For reasons among others that had to do with its rivalry with India and its essence it became a state sponsor of terrorism that forcefully promoted militant Islam for its own interests. And contrary to Iran, it has the nuclear bomb. Recent events proved that it was still in touch with, if not actively backed, terrorist groups. But Pakistan didn't pass the bomb to Kashmiris, Taliban, Terrorists in India, etc...And no one seems really to care about this possibility. So why would Iran do that???

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
                  As the others have stated, I don't think the US would need to respond militarily. Most of the response would be in the form of humanatarian aid to the survivors in both nations.

But I don't think Iran would strike Israel with Nuke. Any nuke in Israel would likely be of terrorist origin.

I agree with that. Iran would want to minimize any perception of complicity to 1) avoid a devastating response from Israel, and 2) once Israel strikes back, feed the media with the "Israel has a lack of proof" BS and act like a victim of Israeli aggression thus, making all further proof of its attack a media dog and pony show.

As for US, response, I agree too. Plus, I think this administration will be too weak to launch anything big. We will write an angry letter and throw it out, at most, IMHO.

Comment

Israel would go the Sampson option and just start taking down cities as it fell apart itself. I would think Iran would have its cities busted, Syria out of principle as well as any other middle eastern country, complicit, compliant or that even knew about it before hand and didnt act.

I think Israel would completelly lose it.
                    The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

I don't think Iran would strike Israel not even with proxies, since Isreal would strike back hard.

A nuclear Iran, though would probably support terrorist groups more aggressively without fear of US or Israel retaliations. Und thus becomming the regional hegemon. And we Turks -and other players- would have to develop our own nuclear capabilities to counter this threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman817 View Post
                        I don't think Iran would strike Israel not even with proxies, since Isreal would strike back hard.

A nuclear Iran, though would probably support terrorist groups more aggressively without fear of US or Israel retaliations. Und thus becomming the regional hegemon. And we Turks -and other players- would have to develop our own nuclear capabilities to counter this threat.
                        Hitman817,
                        Reality.
                        We in India are witnessing the same. The nukes in the wrong hands creates a wrong detterent and subdues the others to fight an asymmetrical war cowering and unable to punish the perpetrators as their rightful felicity.
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

walking dead,

I agree with that. Iran would want to minimize any perception of complicity to 1) avoid a devastating response from Israel, and 2) once Israel strikes back, feed the media with the "Israel has a lack of proof" BS and act like a victim of Israeli aggression thus, making all further proof of its attack a media dog and pony show.

As for US, response, I agree too. Plus, I think this administration will be too weak to launch anything big. We will write an angry letter and throw it out, at most, IMHO.
                          you have got to be kidding me. after a nuclear exchange (which will probably be very lopsided in israel's favor), IF iran survives and was guilty of throwing the first blow- especially if it was done by terrorists- there would be no way a US president would NOT invade iran.

it would instantly confirm to everyone that a nuclear iran is full of religious nutters willing to use nukes not just for deterrence, but for attack. no way that's acceptable to either the US or the world community. add in an attack on a close US partner, closeness to oil supplies, and the strength of the israeli lobby here, and it would be domestic suicide if obama did not act militarily.

we'd probably see a massive US and UN presence in iran for some time to come.
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

dreadnought,

IMO, I dont hink the U.S. would need too by the time Israel launched. You can pretty much bet Tehran is on the list and all government targets. The rest need not be targeted as much of the infastructures around Tehran will crumble once the aerial blast resinds towards the ground such as in the atom bombs case in Tokyo and the shock waves start rolling out. The Nuclear reactors are also definately on the list as well most likely any troop installations, airports or runways, Naval installations etc. No country need occupy as most of the livable parts would more then likely become unihabitable.
                            israel doesn't have enough nukes for that. however, what you'd likely see is the possibility of iran getting enbroiled in a civil war or paralysis with collapse of C4I, infrastructure, and food/water supplies...facing a massive US/UN/NATO incursion.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
                              Israel would go the Sampson option and just start taking down cities as it fell apart itself. I would think Iran would have its cities busted, Syria out of principle as well as any other middle eastern country, complicit, compliant or that even knew about it before hand and didnt act.

I think Israel would completelly lose it.
                              A ground burst nuking of Mecca and Medina and making the place radioactive for several hundred years is a nice detterant against Islamic Fundamentalists.

Comment

Working...
                              X