Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper and others interested...

in the future of the USN.

Sniper heres a longgggggggggg but excellent report detailing the issues that have faced the USN historically and the issues the USN will face in the future. Not to mention the current situation.

In particular for you starting about in the middle of the report is an. analysis of the MV-22. He isnt an advocate of the aircraft.

He does not touch on NSFS or the battleships really. Which is a bit odd. You might want to E-mail him about it.

Hes has always taken time to respond to my E-mails in the past. He provides his E-mail address at the end of the report with the word "Questions?" preceding it:

http://www.csbaonline.org/4Publicati...rFleetStdy.pdf

Great file Rick, thanks for the link. Very interesting reading there, and I've barely even skimmed the surface
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

LOL I know. Ive read it twice. And will have to read it again. Once cursory and another more detailed. The next time I will break it into sections and pick out the meat for my compilation of notes. Im a force structure nut. I mostly leave the technical stuff to others but my knowledge has increased in that area over the years.

Ive read all his stuff. Its all very,very good whether I agree with him or not.

Ive been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to chat with him on a couple of occassions by E-mail.

Comment

Lest you think Im uncritical. Let me disabuse you of any such notion.

Ive already E-mailed with a # of typos that are of a material nature ie distort fact or make a statement unfactual and questioned him on possible errors of fact where my info doesnt match his.

And as I mentioned above he also gives short thrift to some issues and platforms I find deserving of more attention.

But I did say above that even when I do disagree with him I still find his efforts fascinating. So any differences I attempt to couch in the most constructive of terms. Of course I always do that for everybody dont I? LOL

Comment

I'll try to read it this week.

Sitting at the puter for any appreciable amount of time lately has not been very pleasant.

Comment

Mr Work the author sent me acoupla E-mails today. Heres one:

"Rick: thanks for the catch. You are correct; the LHAR has had its well deck removed. The hanger bay was extended all the way forward, and the shops and maintenance facilities were moved down to the well deck.

Regards, Bob"

I think the first sentence and even the next phrase refer to the confusion(by typo I assume) between the Sea Wolf systems on the Type 22 and Type 23 frigates among other minor issues.

I asked for confirmation on the LHA(R)'s supposedly deleted well deck. He was kind enough to respond with the above info.

The other E-mail was of a more personal nature as we have corresponded before.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              I'll try to read it this week.

Sitting at the puter for any appreciable amount of time lately has not been very pleasant.
              My dear sir, your back cannot be giving you a good time of it. Pray rest yourself and gather your strength
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Truly you are a kind man. ;)

Comment

Truly you are a kind man. ;)
                  Sorry about that last post, I've been tearing through Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series (You know, the Master and Commander novels), and my language suffers for at least an hour after I put the books down

Comment

LOL.

'Tis nothing worthy of complaint old chap. ;)

Comment

LOL.

'Tis nothing worthy of complaint old chap. ;)
                      Scurvy swabs
                      Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Working...
                      X