• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arranged Marriage Redneck Style

Man accused of selling daughter for cash, beer

Police say father tried to get 14-year-old back after plan fell apart

The Associated Press

GREENFIELD, Calif. - Police have arrested a Greenfield man they say arranging to sell his 14-year-old daughter into marriage in exchange for $16,000, 100 cases of beer and several cases of meat.

Police said they only learned of the deal after the 36-year-old man went to them to get his daughter back because payment wasn't made as promised. The man was arrested Sunday on suspicion of human trafficking.

Officers also arrested an 18-year-old man on suspicion of statutory rape. Investigators believe the girl went willingly with the man, but she's under California's legal age of consent and can't legally marry.

Police say arranged marriages involving underage girls have become a problem in this small Central Coast farming community.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28629054/

Cash and beer I can understand, but cases of meat.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

So the days of bargaining with live animals is over I see.
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

The dirty low lifw bastard

Comment

This is sick !
        " THe SiLEnt KNighT.

Comment

Originally posted by sohamsri View Post
          This is sick !
          Let's not be so hasty. We have to ascertain what kind of beer he got.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            Let's not be so hasty. We have to ascertain what kind of beer he got.
            Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Bad.
              Could be very good Canadian beer....

But on a more serious note, this is California for you. A 14 year old can go to an abortion clinic and get an abortion without parental notification all in the name of her "privacy" right (good thing the people voted this down), but she can't consent to be married.

Another case of liberal double standards.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Age of consent (for marriage) in CA used to 14.5 years. One of those quirky things when changed the age of adulthood (to 18 from 21) they didn't repeal the previous law. Many other states are the same or similar.
                Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

At 14.5 years of age you got a pretty clear view of right, wrong, good , bad etc ...
                  if you failed to do that upon reaching this age it is either because:

1 you live in a cult ...
                  2 you are a moron ( no cult here)
                  3 you would never (ever) get a clear idea .

R. Kelly crap all over again...
                  Last edited by gabriel; 13 Jan 09,, 19:44.

Comment

The guy doesn't look much like a redneck to me. Looks Ecuadorian. How's that "everyone's ideas are good" thing working out for people, eh?

-dale

Comment

You could find a 100 morons like this in India. They would have made an even worse deal.
                      "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

roflz wtf loll he must really love his beer and bbq.

Daughter must've really hate the dad herself for "willingly" going with the 18 year old stranger

Comment

Just curious...

Whats with the strange age of consent/adulthood in the States?

You can go to war but not be able to have a drink afterwards?

You must be 18 to have sex legally?

You can shoot though from as young as you like

And you cant hit the clubs till your 21?

Thats like forcing college kids to actually attend classes sober :)) Between 18-21 i think i was partying every weekend and drinking heavily whilst failing college and i didnt come out too bad did i ???

Why not just make it all at 18 and simplify matters, except for sex, we have it at 16 here but even 17 would be reasonable. I mean realistically i dont even know many virgins at 18.. why make laws that have absolutelly no relevance in the real world.
                          The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
                            Just curious...

Whats with the strange age of consent/adulthood in the States?

You can go to war but not be able to have a drink afterwards?

You must be 18 to have sex legally?

You can shoot though from as young as you like

And you cant hit the clubs till your 21?

Thats like forcing college kids to actually attend classes sober :)) Between 18-21 i think i was partying every weekend and drinking heavily whilst failing college and i didnt come out too bad did i ???

Why not just make it all at 18 and simplify matters, except for sex, we have it at 16 here but even 17 would be reasonable. I mean realistically i dont even know many virgins at 18.. why make laws that have absolutelly no relevance in the real world.
                            Same in Canada. EVERYTHING becomes legal when you turn 19. 16 is the sex, 19 is the drinking, and 18 is the marriage. Before 18 you can get married, but with a parent's written permission slip

I'm ok with those laws, because I got through them with ease. The ones I'm having a real big problem with are the cell phone and GPS laws. Like, because of a few stupid drivers who can't multi-task all the rest of our freedoms have been trashed. I'm not allowed to use the phone while driving, bullocks. The driver isn't allowed to use the GPS device, bullocks. All the good drivers in this country just got boned and no one seems to be making a big deal out of it.

Comment

can't the father not be forced to take his daughter's place as punishment?

Comment

Working...
                              X