Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China says it will block Taiwan independence, prepares anti-secession law

Source: http://www.canada.com/news/world/sto...4-07e424bc5236

My opinion: Well, other countries like Sri Lanka and the USA have something like this. But Taiwan split from China a LONG time ago.
    Last edited by amit; 06 Mar 05,, 01:37.

Originally posted by amit
    Source: http://www.canada.com/news/world/sto...4-07e424bc5236

But Taiwan split from China a LONG time ago.
    Not exactly, the situation is still hard to tell.
    It's seems like a civil war between the two and it is not over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by G-1
      Not exactly, the situation is still hard to tell.
      It's seems like a civil war between the two and it is not over yet.
      I agree that there is a civil war in in China, however, unlike the US Civil War, this is a long time after the fact that Taiwan has been a rather indepenent state. China is now begining to feel thier oates and think, and perhaps are right, they can get away with this stupidity. (not that saying succession is wrong, but I mean so long after the fact; its similar to after pearl harbor fighting the Axis then after we drop the bomb on Hiroshima saying a state of war exists between the US and Japan.)

Comment

who would match up with china? and who whould match up with taiwan? if china would invade.

Comment

Originally posted by beantown05
          who would match up with china? and who whould match up with taiwan? if china would invade.
          No one would support Taiwan unless America did. If America stepped up a lot of people would cheer us on but I doubt any would send a single warship, plane, or soldier to fight.

Bottomline: Taiwan is alone unless America intervenes.

China has nukes. Taiwan doesn't. China wins. It is just an exercise in how far up the weapons scale they will need to go before Taiwan surrenders or is occupied.

China has nukes. America has nukes. Both sides lose if this becomes a shooting war between them. It's just a question of who looses more or who will write the history books so they can claim their mistake was a victory and all the dead really died for something.

Comment

Working...
          X