PDA

View Full Version : Matt Smith is the Eleventh Doctor!

Silent Hunter
03 Jan 09,, 19:34
IMDB Profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/)

26 years old, with mad hair. Seems a great choice.

Shiny Capstar
03 Jan 09,, 20:00
Hopefully he will be as good as David Tennant.

Southie
03 Jan 09,, 20:02
Hopefully he will be as good as David Tennant.

David Tennant is very good! Another crush for my daughter! :tongue:

Tarek Morgen
03 Jan 09,, 20:06
A bit young and his imdb page doesn't show much, but at least this way he can spent quite a few years on the show. After all they have only two more doctors left after Smith.

And I hope that the new Doctor brings also some new enemies (well or old ones), the Darleks and Cybermen are slowly growing old.

TopHatter
03 Jan 09,, 20:23
David Tennant is very good! Another crush for my daughter! :tongue:

She's jealous of Billie Piper isn't she. :))

Personally I liked the Ninth Doctor, I found him more credible when it came to moral speeches. :redface:

And he had a MUCH cooler wardrobe.

Tarek Morgen
03 Jan 09,, 20:27
But he never wore classes to look smarter.

TopHatter
03 Jan 09,, 20:31
But he never wore classes to look smarter.

He didn't have to wear glasses to look smarter, he managed it all by himself, no props. :))
I just wish he'd been there for more than one season.

Of course I feel the same way about Billie Piper's departure regardless of time on the show, but I think that goes without saying :redface:

dave lukins
03 Jan 09,, 20:55
IMDB Profile (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1741002/)

26 years old, with mad hair. Seems a great choice.

So, 'mad hair' is replacing 'mad eyes':))

Tarek Morgen
03 Jan 09,, 21:03
He didn't have to wear glasses to look smarter, he managed it all by himself, no props. :))
I just wish he'd been there for more than one season.

Of course I feel the same way about Billie Piper's departure regardless of time on the show, but I think that goes without saying :redface:

Well he did need it psychic papers to get into anywhere..

Never really liked Piper, she was neither eye candy or a good actress in my eyes. While Catherine Tate was not a beauty either, at least she was good at acting.

Southie
03 Jan 09,, 21:10
She's jealous of Billie Piper isn't she. :))

Personally I liked the Ninth Doctor, I found him more credible when it came to moral speeches. :redface:

And he had a MUCH cooler wardrobe.

I think a little! :biggrin:

TopHatter
03 Jan 09,, 21:35
Never really liked Piper, she was neither eye candy or a good actress in my eyes. While Catherine Tate was not a beauty either, at least she was good at acting.

Can't say that she's going to win any acting awards :)

I think a little! :biggrin:

Well in that case tell her that she's got more personality and charm than 10 Billie Pipers ;)

Shiny Capstar
03 Jan 09,, 21:49
So you get Doctor Who over the other side of the pond, do you get Top Gear as well? (Just wondering if the Miami-New Orleans episode was shown over there)

Southie
03 Jan 09,, 21:50
Well in that case tell her that she's got more personality and charm than 10 Billie Pipers ;)

Awwww....that's so sweet of you! :)

Blackleaf
04 Jan 09,, 18:31
He will be the youngest Doctor Who ever. The previous youngest was Peter Davison, who was 29 when he became the 5th Doctor in 1981.

bolo121
04 Jan 09,, 18:38
I liked the 9th doctor better than david tennant.
Wish Christopher Eccleston had stuck around for more than one season.
I just loved his line in the pilot when Billie Piper (hated her) asked him why he had a northern accent and he says "Lots of Planets have a north".

Steezy
04 Jan 09,, 19:20
Am I the only one that doesn't see what's so special about Doctor Who, I've always thought it was lame and the amount of hype and media coverage it gets, it's ****ing ridiculous... it's just a TV Show, and a fictional one at that...yet it's such a big deal, why?

Top Gear, now that's a TV Show

Shiny Capstar
04 Jan 09,, 21:02
Am I the only one that doesn't see what's so special about Doctor Who, I've always thought it was lame and the amount of hype and media coverage it gets, it's ****ing ridiculous... it's just a TV Show, and a fictional one at that...yet it's such a big deal, why?

Top Gear, now that's a TV Show

Unfortunately they are going to have to cut back on the trips across the world due to budget cuts, which will be a shame.

toemag
04 Jan 09,, 22:14
I never liked Dr Who, or any of the fictional space cadet shows.

Tony

TopHatter
04 Jan 09,, 22:49

TV shows have been known to strongly influence everything from culture to technology, Star Trek being a massive example of both, especially technology.

That is why these are more than "just TV Shows". ;)

As for Doctor Who, I will not rest until I have a blue police box sitting in front of my house. I so want to blow my neighbor's minds. :))

gunnut
05 Jan 09,, 10:00
So you get Doctor Who over the other side of the pond, do you get Top Gear as well? (Just wondering if the Miami-New Orleans episode was shown over there)

Dr. Who is on Sci Fi channel here. Most of the cable carriers have it.

I don't get Top Gear. I didn't buy the package with BBC America or some other channels with racing themes. Although I have to admit I haven't had time to go through 200+ channels here. So unless I stumble upon it, I wouldn't even know I have it.

gunnut
05 Jan 09,, 10:02
He will be the youngest Doctor Who ever. The previous youngest was Peter Davison, who was 29 when he became the 5th Doctor in 1981.

Ever notice the Dr. is getting younger and younger and he lives shorter and shorter?

Whatever happened to the old crabby Doctor?

I like Dave Tennant. He's funny. How much longer will he stay as the Doctor?

Tarek Morgen
05 Jan 09,, 11:05
this year there won't be a full season but a few specials (about three I think). After that he is gone. (Though I if you watch the show from the US that might mean you have a bit more time since you might be behind the British schedule.

2010 the next Doctor will take over.

Officer of Engineers
05 Jan 09,, 11:48
Am I the only one that doesn't see what's so special about Doctor Who, I've always thought it was lame and the amount of hype and media coverage it gets, it's ****ing ridiculous... it's just a TV Show, and a fictional one at that...yet it's such a big deal, why?I've been asking the same about BAYWATCH for decades.

Ironduke
05 Jan 09,, 12:19
I've been asking the same about BAYWATCH for decades.
They came up with a spinoff based in Hawaii -- I don't think it had quite the same magic as the original.

gunnut
05 Jan 09,, 19:32
They came up with a spinoff based in Hawaii -- I don't think it had quite the same magic as the original.

Was the Hoff in it? Maybe that's the difference.

Steezy
05 Jan 09,, 20:21
And why do they keep on changing the actor who plays the role of Doctor Who anyway, it seems like they do it every few months because it's all on see on the news every few months, for a couple of days straight.