What if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if

I.D.F. made a massive nuke strike on Iran, how and what would other countries do?

Did this topic get moved or did I not get it posted last time I tried?

Comment

IDF will be isolated from the rest of the world facing dire consequences.

Comment

Israel doesn't have the nukes for a 1st strike.

Comment

Originally posted by BudW View Post
          Did this topic get moved or did I not get it posted last time I tried?
          No and Yes, respectively.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            I think it can properly be summed up in two words: Samson Option.
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Oh... it seems to me that nuclear armed pop-eye turbo cruise missiles fired from a 209 sub could do a first strike very effectively. Although if they want Tehran or the nuclear facilities they need to get the sub into the Gulf. If they just want to wipe Qeshem Island off the map its doable.

The Jericho II can reach Tehran, and the Jericho III can get anywhere in Iran. Iran would never see it coming, even Russia could not make the call fast enough.

Comment

I'm wondering if Israel would have to nuke Pakistan afterwards, because it would consequently provoke huge amounts of Muslim ire, and someone with the ISI would conveniently "lose" a nuke somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                  Oh... it seems to me that nuclear armed pop-eye turbo cruise missiles fired from a 209 sub could do a first strike very effectively. Although if they want Tehran or the nuclear facilities they need to get the sub into the Gulf. If they just want to wipe Qeshem Island off the map its doable.

The Jericho II can reach Tehran, and the Jericho III can get anywhere in Iran. Iran would never see it coming, even Russia could not make the call fast enough.
                  For a knock out blow? At 200 nukes, that's only some 84 targets. Not enough to wipe out Iranian retallitory capabilities.

Comment

For a knock out blow? At 200 nukes, that's only some 84 targets. Not enough to wipe out Iranian retallitory capabilities.

I would think the aftermath of a 200 nuke strike on Iran would leave little ability left of the Iranian military to mount any significant military action toward anyone, the casualties alone would tie up whats left of the Iranian military,putting a side the blast and radiation effects the electromagnetic pulse from the weapons would fry the electrical grid,electronics.

Comment

Hezbollah might launch their homemade rockets(no biggie) at Israel and maybe Syria would also send some chemical scuds.

risky!!

Comment

Sir,
                        A 200 nuke strike will turn every electronic system necessary for retaliation into cabbage. Further, with most of the command & control and top decission makers and commanders gone, the ensuing chaos will render the Iranian military or whatever is left of it, incapable and dazed to mount any serious offensive, which at most will be BMs, effectively neutralized by Israel's ABM shield.
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Gentlemen, at 3 nukes per target, that's only 84 targets for a country the size of Iran.

Comment

col yu,

84 targets might not be enough if it were the soviets in charge over there, but the iranians? they certainly wouldn't be able to respond conventionally, their only option would be to go nuclear (if they actually have the capability when that happens), perhaps thru a chem/bio attack propagated by their favorite terrorist means.
                            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

But that's their one and only strike. The Israelis are not going to cross Iraq to stop the Iranians from rebuilding and they be bingo bombs long before they can destroy the Iranian capability to rebuild themselves and let's face it, all their missiles would still be around. At 84 targets, you're not going to waste 3 nukes on a firecracker.

Comment

Working...
                              X