Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nato Battleship Operations 1949-1958

NATO Battleships

Hello all this post is a series of questions concerning the deployment and operations of the 'NATO Battleships" defined as:

USN's Iowa New Jersey Missouri Wisconsin

France's Richelieu Jean Bart

Italy's Ciao Duilio Andrea Doria

UK's Vanguard

Does anyone have knowledge of these ships participating in cross nationality NATO exercises, besides Operation Strikeback in the North Atlantic with Iowa and Vanguard in 1956?

Examples of what I am seeking: One of the Italian or French BB's operating with each other or in conjunction with any of the Iowa's in the Mediterranean? Or in the case of the French ships with Vanguard or one of the Iowa's in the Atlantic?

Postwar information and overall photos of the Italian ships are very difficult to find…If you have any knowledge of the Italian of the French ships operations postwar, beyond the minimal published information in the common reference sources, and/or unpublished photos of them postwar, particularly the Duilio class with the "measure 18' paint scheme (dark gray hull, with haze gray upperworks) with radars installed please contact me at [email protected].

These questions are a part of my ongoing research efforts for my next book on Italian BB's and the book to follow on French BB's.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated, and 'credited and acknowledged in print'.

Best Regards

Wayne Scarpaci

Welcome to the board Wayne, I'm a big fan of your artwork :)

I don't have the information you're seeking, but somebody else on the board just might.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
    X