• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caylee Anthony

Child's Body Found Near Missing Orlando Tot's Home

The Associated Press
    Published: December 11, 2008
    Updated: 4 min. ago

ORLANDO - The skeletal remains of a small child were found Thursday in woods less than a half-mile from the Orlando home of a missing 3-year-old girl, but officials could not immediately say whether they belonged to the toddler.

A utility worker found the body in the outlying middle-class suburb about 9:30 a.m., Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said. There was nothing that immediately indicated that the remains were the body of Caylee Anthony, he said.

Caylee's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, insists that she left the girl with a baby sitter in June, but did not report her missing until July. Anthony has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with her daughter's death.

Since then, Anthony's family, police and volunteers from around the country have searched for the little girl.

The child's grandmother first called authorities in July to say she hadn't seen Caylee for a month and her daughter's car smelled like death. Earlier Thursday, a judge had delayed the mother's trial from January to March.

Caylee Anthony's grandparents have been notified of the discovery of the remains of a child, a sheriff's office spokesman said. The FBI is on the scene and will provide assistance with the DNA testing and investigation, the spokesman said.

Earlier this month, the Orange County State Attorney turned over almost 800 pages of documents, which showed someone at the Anthony home had done Internet searches for terms like "neck breaking" and "household weapons."

In mid-March, someone used the Anthonys' home laptop to search Google and Wikipedia for peroxide, shovels, acetone, alcohol and chloroform. Traces of chloroform, which is used to induce unconsciousness and also a component of human decomposition, were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car during forensic testing, the documents say.

Orange County jail officials also released several hours of videotapes of visits between Casey Anthony and her family from July and August, when she was arrested on neglect and other counts but before she was charged with first-degree murder.

During the taped visits, Anthony's parents tell her they're trying hard to find the little girl. Anthony does not appear to add information to aid that search beyond her account that a baby sitter took the girl.

Last week, prosecutors announced they would not pursue the death penalty for Anthony.

The Orange County State Attorney's Office said in a news release last week that "it is not in the best interest of the people of the state of Florida" to pursue the death penalty against Anthony.

Messages left with Caylee Anthony's grandparents and with Todd Black, the spokesman for Casey Anthony's lawyer, were not immediately returned.

If the body is Caylee Anderson, she can finally be put to rest. They would be able to match the DNA from her to the DNA in the trunk of Casey's car and put her in jail for life...since they are not pursuing the death penalty!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

She would definately be a canidate for the outlawed "waterboarding".;)
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

My question, I guess, is how long does it take for a body to decompose? Caylee has been missing since June of this year. Casey has been "dancing" around her whereabouts since she decided to report her missing...6 weeks later, I believe. She's nothing but a pyscho bitch and deserves nothing less than the death penalty. Most everyone that knows the story has already pegged her as GUILTY!!!!
      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
        My question, I guess, is how long does it take for a body to decompose? Caylee has been missing since June of this year. Casey has been "dancing" around her whereabouts since she decided to report her missing...6 weeks later, I believe. She's nothing but a pyscho bitch and deserves nothing less than the death penalty. Most everyone that knows the story has already pegged her as GUILTY!!!!
        I agree with you I dont know the full story but have read enough. How on earth can a mother commit such a crime. Im at a loss for words to find an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
          I agree with you I dont know the full story but have read enough. How on earth can a mother commit such a crime. Im at a loss for words to find an answer.
          My co-workers and I were talking about it and since they aren't going for the death penalty (if she is found guilty ) we're sure she won't last long in prison, unless they put her in solitary confinement.
          sigpic

Comment

My co-workers and I were talking about it and since they aren't going for the death penalty (if she is found guilty ) we're sure she won't last long in prison, unless they put her in solitary confinement.
            Someone will find a way of getting to her. The guy who kidnapped Shannon Matthews along with her mother and boyfriend in England, had his jaw broke in 2 places recently whilst on remand. Personally they should just hand them over to the inmates and let them dish out the penalty.

Comment

Yeah I've got three kids and the truth is if she didn't do it just her inactivity throughout those 6 weeks is enough to put full blame on her.
              Any concerned parent would have went berzerk the first 5 minutes of there childs absence let alone weeks.
              Shes a heartless person with no idea of what shes done
              I'll bet anyone right now 1000 dollars when she's in prison and has time to reflect on her actions and cant sleep cuz all she sees is her baby shell take her own life.
              Thats the way the lord works either the law,her cellmate or her own guilt but this lady wont last for long ....

Comment

Originally posted by Is Real View Post
                Yeah I've got three kids and the truth is if she didn't do it just her inactivity throughout those 6 weeks is enough to put full blame on her.
                Any concerned parent would have went berzerk the first 5 minutes of there childs absence let alone weeks.
                Shes a heartless person with no idea of what shes done
                I'll bet anyone right now 1000 dollars when she's in prison and has time to reflect on her actions and cant sleep cuz all she sees is her baby shell take her own life.
                Thats the way the lord works either the law,her cellmate or her own guilt but this lady wont last for long ....
                I would have to say her cellmates would be the end of her, and those in prison don't have any sympathy for child killers, not like anyone else does either. If she had any guilt I would hope she would have felt it by now! She'll deny it all the way to her grave!
                sigpic

Comment

What's so sad about it, is Casey Anthony was still so young, and attractive, her whole life ahead of her, and then she went and did something like this. You always get caught, always. You cannot lie to the police, they will break you down. If Casey didn't want to be a mother there were other alternatives-adoption, letting her parents raise Caylee, etc. But murdering your own child...it is beyond reprehensible.

Casey had the chance to come clean, but if this is the body of Caylee and the forensics experts can pin it on her, then she is looking at a lot of jail time. I guess prosecutors shouldn't have been so quick to take the death penalty off the table.

Comment

That woman is something I tell ya........I don't know how people are restraning themselves around her.

Comment

Now that they found the body, depending on the evidence, they can press capitol murder charges. She may face the death penalty after all.

Maybe they can bring "Sparky" back to send her on her way.

(if she is convicted)

Comment

I'm new here, so this is my first post. My impressions are as follows....

I believe that Casey was too young and too imature to be a mother. Those go hand-in-hand. There certainly are girls her age mature enough to handle it, and I've also know women in their 30's who aren't mature enough to be Moms. But the "majority" of teen aren't ready maturely or physically to be "Moms". I know this first-hand, as I ran a teen pregnancy and parenting program for nearly 10 years. Some end up being very successful but it takes a LOT of support and guidance from their parents.

The parents of the teen Mom have a difficult dilemma.....if they "help" too much, the teen Mom may not learn responsibility and consequences. If they don't help enough, the teen Mom resents the baby and views her as being something/someone that takes away their ability to still be a kid. They feel forced to grow up too soon. It's hard for the grandparents to find that healthy balance. There are others who do find that balance and do offer much support and guidance in the right amount, but their daughter is so headstrong and wants to do everything "alone" - the old "I'll show you" attitude, and therein lies the immaturity. It's tough.

I absolutely believe that Casey resented this baby. She called her a "snot nose" by many reports, the texts to her boyfriend were pathetic discussions about the brat, and there are photos out there of her being anything BUT a good mother. Wanting to still go out to a party with friends is one thing - the erotic behavior by a young mother who can't wait for that snot nose brat to go to sleep is another. I think that the choroform MAY have been used to put the child to sleep. This is more widely used by young moms as a "babysitter" than many realize.

I am speculating that it may have been "accidental death". I don't know the legal terms but it makes sense to me. The reason I think it makes sense is because of her lies. There was a lot of research on the Internet that could be used against her - such as "neck breaking" and "Chloroform" and "household weapons". If she really did kill her, I think with all of the pre-planning, she would have made up a story. She only had lies. Everything she said could be proven wrong and I think if she were so calculating, she would have realized that and had a better story. I mean, say the baby was kidnapped one day - you don't say you took the baby to daycare that didn't even exist. All of these things IMO point to fear. I think it MAY have been an accident and she was so scared of what she did that she couldn't think of anything to cover it up. She obviously didn't have daycare and didn't even have a job - this may have been something she was doing for a long while (the choroform babysitter) while she went out and was too scared of what her parents would think of her knowing what she had done. ALL of her lies point to fear to me, which coincides with her age and other erratic behaviors.

Now, I am NOT saying this should be taken lightly. IMO, she should be treated just as harshley as intentional murder - because of knowing what she did and lying about it for so long, etc. etc. Typically, I think accidents do happen and should be regarded differently from murder, but not in this case. It is deplorable to me that a young mother could do this to her own child - ("hire" the chloroform babysitter). The only thing that doesn't sit with me on this theory is the duct tape. It's my understanding that the skull was found with duct tape still on it's mouth. I would imagine even if you are an uncaring mother, if you intent was to only put the child to sleep, and you left the child, say in the trunk while you went to party, then came back to find her dead, wouldn't most people rip off the tape and try to perform mouth-to mouth? That's where I go back and forth - that is where I think intentional murder so I do second guess this theory. Upon further refection however, if she was intending to murder her child, why would she need to keep her quiet? If she plotted aheard of time to kill her child, she could have easily done that through drowning or other means during her sleep. The tape appears to me to be from chloroform or a kidnapping - but if there was any fake or real kidnapping, I believe Casey was behind it all.
                        Last edited by DHW; 13 Dec 08,, 20:16.

Comment

hey Just curious how many prisons are there for females.......???????

Or do they have a seperate section for women?????

Comment

Originally posted by urmomma158 View Post
                            hey Just curious how many prisons are there for females.......???????

Or do they have a seperate section for women?????
                            There are seperate prisons for women.

I wonder why the feminazis in San Francisco don't advocate co-ed prisons?
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                              There are seperate prisons for women.

I wonder why the feminazis in San Francisco don't advocate co-ed prisons?
                              Good question that one really got me thinking. But I guess the answer for me is in the eyes of the femi-nazis females are superior and it would be "demeaning" to place them in the same prison with the "inferior" sex even if they are seperated in the same prison.

Comment

Working...
                              X