Please keep Caleb in your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep Caleb in your thoughts

I recieved a call from a good friend of mine this morning.He was calling to let me know that his 4 year old son,Caleb,had just been diagnosed with leukemia.He was very calm in telling me this but as the conversation went on the tough shell cracked and the concerned father showed through.

Caleb is going in today to have a port placed in his upper chest to facilitate his chemotherapy and application of other medicines needed.He is in for a long hard road.

If your own children are healthy,give thanks and give them a hug.Please keep a good thought or say a prayer if you are so inclined for Caleb.Even this old heathen will be saying one for him.
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

I will. Thank you for sharing.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Shamus - I will call my mom tonight who is in a prayer group and have them pray for Caleb...as well as myself and my friends at work! I pray that he gets through this!
      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
      sigpic

Comment

Watching a youngster go through all that sickens the heart and is so gut wrenching. I hope Caleb gets the correct treatment and comes out with flying colors. There will be many people pulling for Caleb.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The Child is going to be shown more love than anyone could have wished for. My prayers for the little man and all the joys this life could bring him.

Comment

my cousin just went through chemotherapy at duke's hospital in NC because he had a tumor growing in his chest,i have seen firsthand what chemotherapy does to a person and to think a 4yr old will have to go through the same breaks my heart. my prayers will be with little Caleb. i hope he recovers fast and completely.

Comment

Shamus, I really hope all goes well for Caleb my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Comment

Shamus, My prayers go to Caleb.
                Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Very sorry to hear that Shamus, he'll be in my thoughts. :(
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Don, Our prayers for Caleb daily. It's a tough battle, but he will come through.

Comment

I pray that your friend's son has a quick recovery. Chemo might suck but it's the best weapon we have right now.

Many forms of juvenile leukemia have very high cure rates so keep an open mind and think positive :)

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words,I'll pass them on to Caleb's dad.I know he will appreciate the support and I'll try to keep you updated on his progress.

If nobody has told you folks this lately,you are an incredible group of people who I'm extremely glad to be associated with:).
                        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Don,

A thought just occured to me. Tewll Caleb's dad that his son will take advantage of the situation. He will try to get away with murder. Don't let him. He should draw the line at grand theft auto.

Comment

Hi Shamus, I hope sincerely that all goes well for Caleb. He will be in our prayers...God Bless:)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              Don,

A thought just occured to me. Tewll Caleb's dad that his son will take advantage of the situation. He will try to get away with murder. Don't let him. He should draw the line at grand theft auto.
                              Let me tell you a little story about Caleb.When he was about 2 1/2,he and his older sisters were outside with Chris playing in the driveway while he raked the lawn.The girls were drawing on the driveway with chalk and Caleb evidently thought that was pretty neat.Chris at this time was on the opposite side of the family minivan finishing up his raking when he heard Caleb calling "Daddy,Daddy....come look at my picture!"Chris knew the girls had been doing chalk drawings so he proceeded to saunter around the other side of the van to find Caleb sitting by the passenger door,proudly displaying the large smiley face he had scratched in the paint of the van's door using a rock from the yard!Turned out to be quite valuable artwork,it cost Chris about $600 to get the door repainted.

Comment

Working...
                              X