Video player advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video player advice

Suddenly I can't play any YouTube videos.* What should I be doing? Reinstall something? How do get it and what do I do? After the dog and I go for a wallk of course. :(

*Edit: Plays with no sound. Speaker works, I think, at least it gives the start up announcement.
    Last edited by sappersgt; 29 Nov 08,, 17:55.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
    Suddenly I can't play any YouTube videos.* What should I be doing? Reinstall something? How do get it and what do I do? After the dog and I go for a wallk of course. :(

*Edit: Plays with no sound. Speaker works, I think, at least it gives the start up announcement.
    Sounds like the same thing has struck you as it did me! Only I couldn't even get the video to "appear"...but only on WAB. I could go into YouTube and play videos with no problem. And Tarek thrashed me if I was using IE. Which I was!

I downloaded Firefox and don't have any problems now!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Comment

I use Avant browser Sarge and I'm not having any problems with You-tube.Must just be you.
      "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If it plays with no sound then the settings on your sound card are wrong. It's an internal problem on your computer. just open your control panel and go to sound and audio devices. Note: even if you mute the sound, your computer will still make it's annoying windows noises on startup
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
          Sounds like the same thing has struck you as it did me! Only I couldn't even get the video to "appear"...but only on WAB. I could go into YouTube and play videos with no problem. And Tarek thrashed me if I was using IE. Which I was!

I downloaded Firefox and don't have any problems now!
          Repeat after me: Thou shalt not use Internet Explorer © bloatware

Leibniz

Comment

Ok Pari seriously.........being the type who gets comfortable and scared of change as far as the internet and computers are concerned.......which in your opinion is the best browser to use......... I take it you do not like IE either :))
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              If it plays with no sound then the settings on your sound card are wrong. It's an internal problem on your computer. just open your control panel and go to sound and audio devices. Note: even if you mute the sound, your computer will still make it's annoying windows noises on startup
              Or go to the bottom right where you will find the volume control, just make sure it at the top of its run;)
              Last edited by dave lukins; 29 Nov 08,, 22:16.

Comment

Actually lately, i've had numerous problems with flash player, with video not even appearing "loading" to buffering problems with slow to non-still load times. Flash is inheritly buggy with web aplications. However due to large scale demand it's now the standard. Better then WMV, Mpg, Realplayer or anything else. However they still have a long ways t ogo to improve it.

Hopefully, in a years time, some sort of client will develop which will allow access to flv modules through refer pages somewhat like you can open up a wma. link within Windows Media Player. Could allievate some problems. If it offers more flexability.

As of now, through the browser, and the way it interacts with the objects, there is some debugging problems. Not much you can do.

Of course, IP advocates will not push for this, so may be up to someone else to push for it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                  Ok Pari seriously.........being the type who gets comfortable and scared of change as far as the internet and computers are concerned.......which in your opinion is the best browser to use......... I take it you do not like IE either :))
                  Firefox or Opera. I personally like firefox even though it's larger because of the add-ons.

Leibniz

Comment

Just what kind of "videos" are you watching Sapper???? :P
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I got rid of Norton and videos play just fine...
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        Firefox or Opera. I personally like firefox even though it's larger because of the add-ons.
                        Words to browse by...Ive been an opera fan ever since version 3. I use firefox at office though.
                        First thing to do for a video problem is to go to the adobe website and reinstall flash player.
                        If not then check if any overenthusiastic firewall is blocking you. Turn off your firewall and turn on the windows default firewall from the control panel and then try.
                        Lastly if still no luck and even other video files on you pc dont play with sound go to your volume settings and check the sound card.

and ps: NEVER use internet explorer for it is of the dark side.:)
                        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

I got rid of Norton and videos play just fine...

"norton" is evil.
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                            Words to browse by...Ive been an opera fan ever since version 3. I use firefox at office though.
                            First thing to do for a video problem is to go to the adobe website and reinstall flash player.
                            If not then check if any overenthusiastic firewall is blocking you. Turn off your firewall and turn on the windows default firewall from the control panel and then try.
                            Lastly if still no luck and even other video files on you pc dont play with sound go to your volume settings and check the sound card.

and ps: NEVER use internet explorer for it is of the dark side.:)
                            I've been chastised for using that in the past. Never again!!!
                            “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                            sigpic

Comment

I got rid of Norton...
                              Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                              "norton" is evil.
                              What's wrong with Norton???;)

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X