Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unjust borders in the Middle East

Redrawn South Asia map shows truncated Pakistan; sparks fear

NEW YORK: A redrawn map of South Asia showing a truncated Pakistan, reduced to an elongated sliver of land, has sparked fear among military planners in Islamabad who think India and Afghanistan are "colluding" to destroy the only nuclear powered-Muslim nation with the US help, a media report said on Sunday

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/3747385.cms

Original article by Ralph Peters:
    http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2006/06/1833899

Comments.

Also does anyone have, or know if an actual map of this was drawn? I cannot locate one.
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

I don't know how you post picture, but is it what you are looking for ?

Redrawing the New Middle East Map Pictures
    La Palice est mort
    Mort devant Pavie
    1/4 d'heure avant sa mort
    Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by LaPalice View Post
      I don't know how you post picture, but is it what you are looking for ?

Redrawing the New Middle East Map Pictures
      That would be it thanks L P
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...ghlight=peters
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Guess I didnt look hard enough to see if there was a thread on it ........Thanks Sir. It was the article in todays Economic Times (India) that got me looking .

Any thoughts why it would appear again two years later as a concern?
          Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 23 Nov 08,, 17:58.
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            Guess I didnt look hard enough to see if there was a thread on it ........Thanks Sir. It was the article in todays Economic Times (India) that got me looking .

That Indian newspaper has ripped off an article that appeared in the New York Times yesterday - http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/23/wo...pagewanted=all

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
              From reading the NYT article it seems clear that Pakistanis are afflicted with severe paranoia and some kind of warped sense of self-importance that the whole 'war on terror' was a ploy by the Americans to break-up their country and take away their nukes or some garbage like that.

Comment

in the words of the good col OOE

"horse puckey"

Comment

Perlez' Thoughts

I'm sure Ms. Perlez wanted to display the enduring nature of the conspiratorial mindset.

It's dominant in the local thinking. I've been wrestling of late with our prickly Pakistani friends. There's a definite overtone of paranoia and conspiracy in damn near all of their comments.

Forward thinking on issues like Kashmir and FATA are locked in a mind-set of seeminly eternal suspicion and no small sense of self-pity.

Shek's comments about "inshallah" have a decidedly resigned undercurrent that carries a special applicability and is only made palatable by the notion of Pakistan under attack from without on all fronts.

This thread could be merged.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I like the 'car-park' one better, only MUCH bigger!

John

Comment

Working...
                    X