Whats going on with Englands pro sportsmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats going on with Englands pro sportsmen

What is going on with England, of late we are being humiliated in all 3 major sports, Our pro football players, when playing for there clubs and earning unbelievable money they are superstars scoring goals left right and center, clubs all over the world want to buy them........Put on an England shirt ..............and

Cricket players, basicly the same and after an initial not want anything to do with the IPL well the money involved soon changed that thought process, so they play like the superstars they are supposed to be.......Put on an England shirt ............and

Even our Rugby idols are playing like a set of third stringers, after beig tamed on our home land by the Aussies we just suffered another humiliating defeat the biggest ever at Twickenham at the hands of South Afrika.....again at club level unbelievable players......put on an England shirt .........and

Do not get me wrong, at the International level they cannot be expected to win every game, all national teams now are at an ubelievable level,but the humiliating defeats we are suffering at the hands of everyone of late, we do not deserve the rankings we somehow seem to hang onto.

IMO the English sports superstars need to learn what it means to wear your countries colours.
    It is an honour.
    It is a privilage.
    Grow some pride and go out there and fight for your countries honour.

To lose with honour , after giving your all is one thing.

To be humiliated because they are more concerned about getting hurt, or worrying about where there next book deal, or sponsorship money is coming from P*ss*s me off!!!!

Dave, Tankie, woodsy get yer boots......give John Henry D, Boggy Marsh, Big Roy, Roddy Hine and the others a call.......our old Regimental team would have given the Springboks a better game yesterday :))
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post

Dave, Tankie, woodsy get yer boots......give John Henry D, Boggy Marsh, Big Roy, Roddy Hine and the others a call.......our old Regimental team would have given the Springboks a better game yesterday :))
    St Trinians would have give em a better game Wayne .:(

Comment

Oh Donīt start Me. Putting on that Tight Football shirt with the Colours Green Red and Brown,Pride pouring through every poure of my Body, I do hope my Opponenents have Recoverd (honestly). I also forgive the Refīs that showed me a bit of Red Paper. Did We Lose Though,everyone that played against us was Orderd to write a Will and Testement.

If our so-called Sportsmen would have this attitude we would be feared all over the World Again.

OK Rant over.

Comment

God, you think you guys have problems, look at us...
        All Blacks on the way to a grand slam, Rugby league team new world champs after thumping the Aussies, oh wait....
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
          God, you think you guys have problems, look at us...
          All Blacks on the way to a grand slam, Rugby league team new world champs after thumping the Aussies, oh wait....
          well ******* done .................................................. ....:))
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

I just loved the way Terry messed up and still had the cheek to pick up Ģ170.000 (c$340k) A WEEK. No doubt when he retires he will get a job as a Weather Forecaster...as they are another profession that can make monumental F..ups and get payed huge salaries:(

Comment

There is a different ethic to how New Zealand, Australia and South Africa play. Heart. passion and agression. Us in the UK are too scared to get hurt, to busy trying to look good. All this B*ll**ks about fair play and sportsmanship is all well and good. Everyone wants to be beat England at Twickers, why don't we have the same mentality!!!!

Comment

What is going on with England, of late we are being humiliated in all 3 major sports, Our pro football players, when playing for there clubs and earning unbelievable money they are superstars scoring goals left right and center, clubs all over the world want to buy them........Put on an England shirt ..............and

Cricket players, basicly the same and after an initial not want anything to do with the IPL well the money involved soon changed that thought process, so they play like the superstars they are supposed to be.......Put on an England shirt ............and

Even our Rugby idols are playing like a set of third stringers, after beig tamed on our home land by the Aussies we just suffered another humiliating defeat the biggest ever at Twickenham at the hands of South Afrika.....again at club level unbelievable players......put on an England shirt .........and

Do not get me wrong, at the International level they cannot be expected to win every game, all national teams now are at an ubelievable level,but the humiliating defeats we are suffering at the hands of everyone of late, we do not deserve the rankings we somehow seem to hang onto.

IMO the English sports superstars need to learn what it means to wear your countries colours.
                It is an honour.
                It is a privilage.
                Grow some pride and go out there and fight for your countries honour.

To lose with honour , after giving your all is one thing.

To be humiliated because they are more concerned about getting hurt, or worrying about where there next book deal, or sponsorship money is coming from P*ss*s me off!!!!

Gutted to be excluded from this role of honour !!! Fly Half at the TRIUMPHANT Munster 7's and Smudger by name - Shame on you for the exclusion

Comment

oK old age, and constantly dancing to avert Mrs Tiggers lists of demands that need doing around the house,.............. give me a clue mate

Dave, Tankie, Tony ............help!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

oK old age, and constantly dancing to avert Mrs Tiggers lists of demands that need doing around the house,.............. give me a clue mate

Dave, Tankie, Tony ............help!!!!!!!!!
                    Sounds like 'Smudger' Smith ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      Sounds like 'Smudger' Smith ;)
                      Thanks for the help mate ............. was wondering if it was 3 troop Smudger!!!!! other than that no idea right now.
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Thanks for the help mate ............. was wondering if it was 3 troop Smudger!!!!! other than that no idea right now.

I think you are right. If I recall, he was pretty handy down the wing but the memory could be playing tricks

Comment

Yup smudge of the funny mushroom gardners troop , pretty fast he was as well .

Comment

Thats the one guys - was one hell of a team at that time.
                            Hoping Roddy Hine makes it back to the reunion this year.
                            The munster 7's was one of the best moments of my life, although Roddy's "warm-up" had me yodelling in technicolor before the final.

Be lucky fellas

Comment

Smudger , best go intro yourself m8 and read the guidelines ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X