Live online teenage suicide in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live online teenage suicide in Florida

It seems that committing suicide is becoming prevalent online.

When are we going to start seeing snuff movies and even dirty bombs?

How low can this go?

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps...d-dirty-bombs/

Originally posted by Traps View Post
    It seems that committing suicide is becoming prevalent online.

When are we going to start seeing snuff movies and even dirty bombs?

How low can this go?

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps...d-dirty-bombs/
    I read about that yesterday. Pretty sad that there were people encouraging him on. Heck, they even have suicide web sites that guide you in your suicide!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
      I read about that yesterday. Pretty sad that there were people encouraging him on. Heck, they even have suicide web sites that guide you in your suicide!
      A similar thing happened over this side of the Pond a few months ago when a young lad threatened to jump off a building in a town centre. Hundreds turned up and they started to chant "jump..jump" So with all these people, including his class mates, shouting for him to jump..he did.

Comment

Ive just watched in on the news, what a waste. I have been reading a lot in the news about the Bridgend Hangings too, all those young people committing suicide. I think at the last count they were up to 24 deaths. These youngsters have their whole lives ahead of them. Where will it all end. Suicide sites on the internet!! who one earth is behind these sick games, playing with the minds of our children.

The internet is a marvelous tool, however in the wrong hands a devastating weapon.

Comment

Problem is that you keep having to do bigger and "better" to get noticed.

I'm just wondering what it will take a year from now to crack a mention.

What do the military analysts think?

Comment

I think we all should examine what the heck is wrong with our world when people think they have to do this.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The problem is that people believe fame is the same as recognition. They'll do anything to draw attention and that's why I'm asking how low will they be prepared to go?

Comment

I can't wrap my head around this. I don't understand it.

Michael, you were a soldier. You know how we were trained to be fully efficient killers. No fanfare. No advertisement. No illusions. If we want you dead, you were dead.

This? Suicide as entertainment? If I ordered these kids to stop, would they? If I ordered soldiers to stop killing, they would.

Comment

Very, very, sad state of affairs.

Comment

Officer of Engineers I was a soldier and I trained soldiers on officers course at a place called Artillery School in Potchefstroom, South Africa.

Like you I'm staggered at what this "age of information" is doing to us.

Not only kids but every genius with a computer becomes a menace.

Horrendous.

Comment

Problem is that you keep having to do bigger and "better" to get noticed.

I'm just wondering what it will take a year from now to crack a mention.

The problem is that people believe fame is the same as recognition. They'll do anything to draw attention and that's why I'm asking how low will they be prepared to go?
                      Unfortunately in this case here...he got noticed but now is no longer around to enjoy his "fame"? And I hardly think his family will be enjoying it either! :(
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

We had a couple of suicides about 6 months ago. Young kids.

The stories were horrific.

One of the girls jumped from a building while the others were yelling: come on, jump! We won't miss you.
                        She went to an immigrant-infested school in Antwerp. The Moroccan and Albanian girls were very agressive on her.

After the suicide, it didn't stop. Her parents got letters which were mocking the girl, and someone desecrated the body during the burial.

Comment

Guys is it just me or does anyone elsewish we were still living in the 70s and 80s?

It just seemed so much simpiler then.

Comment

Guys is it just me or does anyone elsewish we were still living in the 70s and 80s?

It just seemed so much simpiler then.
                            Hardly.

It's just the information reaching you faster. You can see everything in the entire (connected) world through the internet.

Comment

Nothing is ever black and white life would be easier if it was. Too many young people today take on these very dramatic ways of getting themselves heard and quite often that is the only reason ... they just want to be heard or loved. Suicide is a devasting thing for any family to go through but I think its time we slowed down a little and talked more. Just like on this thread.and the Wab.
                              Kids today are difficult at times to talk to we all know that but parents have to do it and start at an early age. It certainly does no harm thats for sure,talk to each other people and try and understand the other persons point of view.;)

Comment

Working...
                              X