PDA

View Full Version : Reporting trolls & fanboys

Ironduke
21 Nov 08,, 23:02
Fellow members,

If you come across a particular member who is extremely low-value added, trolls, flamebaits, is a fanboy, etc., please either send a private message to a staff member with the member's username and a link to the offending post. Alternatively, reporting the post creates a thread on the subject in the Reported Posts forum which has the following format:

Ironduke (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/member.php?u=4) has reported a post.

Reason:
this guy is a troll.
Post: Reporting trolls & fanboys (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showthread.php?p=578267#post578267)
Forum: Member Introductions
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Ironduke (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/member.php?u=4)
Original Content:
Fellow members,

If you come across a particular member who is extremely low-value added, trolls, flamebaits, is a fanboy, etc., please either send a private message to a staff member with the member's username and a link to the offending post. Alternatively, reporting the post creates a thread on the subject in the Reported Posts forum which has the following format:

Shamus
22 Nov 08,, 02:47
Can I report myself? I annoy the crap out of me sometimes.....:redface:.The "low value added" category would apply most days also....

TopHatter
22 Nov 08,, 03:00
I'd like to stress that, with hundreds of posts every day, we can't possibly read everyone of them.

So if you've ever wondered "Why don't the Moderators do something about trolls etc on the board?", there's a really easy way to help out as Ironduke outlined :)

Shamus
22 Nov 08,, 03:06
I'd like to stress that, with hundreds of posts every day, we can't possibly read everyone of them.

So if you've ever wondered "Why don't the Moderators do something about trolls etc on the board?", there's a really easy way to help out as Ironduke outlined :)Ummm....and if you do report via PM,don't forget to include the link for the post....:redface::redface::redface:

TopHatter
22 Nov 08,, 03:15
Ummm....and if you do report via PM,don't forget to include the link for the post....:redface::redface::redface:

Sure does help :)

"We're the Council Of Thirteen, not magic angel babies!"

Julie
22 Nov 08,, 03:35
Can I report myself? I annoy the crap out of me sometimes.....:redface:.The "low value added" category would apply most days also......hmmm...we need to work on that self-esteem there Shamus. :rolleyes: :))

Shek
22 Nov 08,, 03:59
Can I report myself? I annoy the crap out of me sometimes.....:redface:.The "low value added" category would apply most days also....

We'd get rid of you, but your avatar pic is too intimidating ;) :))

T_igger_cs_30
22 Nov 08,, 04:13
Sure does help :)

"We're the Council Of Thirteen, not magic angel babies!"

:rolleyes: I always saw you more as Knights of the round table............. and Lady Quenevere of course :))

Shamus
22 Nov 08,, 04:22
..hmmm...we need to work on that self-esteem there Shamus. :rolleyes: :))Self-esteem??Where???;)

Shamus
22 Nov 08,, 04:28
We'd get rid of you, but your avatar pic is too intimidating ;) :))Ok,how about this one???:biggrin: