Sports Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Fans?

Ok, do any of you guys follow sports at all? If so, who do you barrack for?

I'm a big fan of the Adelaide Crows Football Club (Australian Rules Football). We finished 5th (out of 16 or so) this season, not bad, but we could have done better, especially with our new signing Wayne Carey.

Also a huge fan of Swansea City AFC. (Soccer). Currently topping the English 3rd Division table (out of 24 teams), I reckon we should get promoted this season.

In the English Premier League, I follow Leeds United FC, but I don't really care too much anymore. It's a lot more exciting following the smaller clubs.

And of course I barrack for Australia in world sports, followed by Wales.
    SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Are you Welsh?
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Well, I'm a ninth generation Australian, but I can trace most of my ancestors back to Wales & England. I also have a touch of Prussian as well.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

I am about 1/8 Welsh and about 1/4 English myself.

Are you descended from the convicts?
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Hell no :) Most people in Australia are, but I was born in South Australia, the only state which never received convicts. (Actually, I'm sure I've got convict in there somewhere, but...)

Basically, by mums side came over on the First Fleet as Royal Marines + their wives. Hortle and Davies.

My dad's side were farmers who came out from Somerset England, and Lutherans who fled religious opression in Prussia.

Most South Australians refer to themselves as 'Blue-Bloods' but no-one really cares.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

E A G L E S

S U C K this year. :(

Comment

I DON'T REALLY CARE!!! I root for whoever's winning, and occasionaly the Yankees
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                E A G L E S

S U C K this year. :(
                Who are the eagles? Ie, what sport, league etc.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Awww, damn! Now you're gonna get Snipe started on his team...
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

.... that's kinda the point. :)

Some of us like sports, and are passionate about our teams. And letting it out is healthy.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Yeah, but when Snipe starts...

Comment

Well at least they aren't choking quite as bad as the Raiders... limp dick bastards that they are.... at least they could go back to cheating and brutalizing.... if your gonna lose anyway make it entertaining for me.
                        Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that sports don't really interest me at all...except for maybe the bedroom decathalon and the horizontal bop.:w00t

Although, I must say, going to a baseball game at the park is really a great experience. I went to 2 Chicago White Sox games just after they built the new Comiskey Park and it was eye-poppingly fun. I also enjoyed going to the high school football games but it sure as hell wasnt for the game. It was great being out there bundled up against the cold, getting hot slices of pizza, and mostly flirting with the girls....
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

maybe the bedroom decathalon and the horizontal bop.:w00t
                            Don't forget tonsil hockey!

EDITED TO ADD:

:dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana :dbanana

Comment

Lol, yep, forgot about that one.
                              Those bananas are cracking me up:dbanana
                              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                              X