PDA

View Full Version : Russian A/C to deploy

rickusn
25 Feb 05,, 07:36
Russia’s Northern Fleet prepares for exercises.

22.02.2005, 21.54

MURMANSK, February 22 (Itar-Tass) -- Russia’s Northern Fleet prepares for new large exercises. The heavy aircraft cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov will put to the Barents Sea in March, and the exercises will begin in April, Vice-Admiral Mikhail Abramov, the fleet’s commander, told Tass on Tuesday.

Admiral Vladimir Kuroyedov, the commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy, will command the exercises. ”The upcoming exercises will be the test for the Northern Fleet”, said Vice-Admiral Abramov. During the exercises, the naval commander-in-chief intends to verify the professional and technical readiness of the fleet for its tasks. There will be preparation for new runs. The fleet will head for the ocean in the summer again”, the fleet’s commander said

TopHatter
25 Feb 05,, 23:34

22.02.2005, 21.54

MURMANSK, February 22 (Itar-Tass) -- Russia’s Northern Fleet prepares for new large exercises. The heavy aircraft cruiser Admiral Kuznetsov will put to the Barents Sea in March, and the exercises will begin in April, Vice-Admiral Mikhail Abramov, the fleet’s commander, told Tass on Tuesday.

Admiral Vladimir Kuroyedov, the commander-in-chief of the Russian Navy, will command the exercises. ”The upcoming exercises will be the test for the Northern Fleet”, said Vice-Admiral Abramov. During the exercises, the naval commander-in-chief intends to verify the professional and technical readiness of the fleet for its tasks. There will be preparation for new runs. The fleet will head for the ocean in the summer again”, the fleet’s commander said

Hmm, nothing about the Petr Veliky.
Let's hope the exercise goes off with a hitch...a Kursk hitch, that is.
I sure would love to be an observer on the Kuznetsov....though somehow I doubt that would happen in this lifetime or the next.... :redface:

TopHatter
25 Feb 05,, 23:34

22.02.2005, 21.54

Hmm, nothing about the Petr Veliky.
Let's hope the exercise goes off with a hitch...a Kursk hitch, that is.
I sure would love to be an observer on the Kuznetsov....though somehow I doubt that would happen in this lifetime or the next.... :redface:

highsea
26 Feb 05,, 11:27
Safe sailing for Kuznetsov, and all aboard. :cool:

-KC