X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musharraf launches own website

By Zaffar Abbas
    BBC news correspondent in Islamabad

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf has launched his own website, aimed at giving the world more information about the man and his policies.

The website was launched by Gen Musharraf at a ceremony at the presidential palace.

It carries details of his personal life and an official biography.

Created by the military's public relations department, the idea is also to promote what is being described as Pakistan's soft image.

The site also features interviews, his vision about domestic and regional issue and links to various government departments.

While displaying the website at the Presidential Palace, Gen Musharraf's spokesman, Maj Gen Shaukat Sultan said an option has been kept to allow people to directly interact with the president.

He said people will be able to send questions or complain directly to the president, and wherever applicable, they will be sent responses through email.

President Musharraf said the government's policies in the last few years have brought in a qualitative change in Pakistan, and its economy had been strengthened to an extent that the country has finally started to take-off.

BBC

Here's your opportunity Lull, to directly interact with your President Musharaff.

Comment

The article doesn't even mention the address. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
      Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul
        The article doesn't even mention the address. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
        Opps, i should have noticed that! Well here it is!

http://www.presidentofpakistan.gov.pk/

:)

Comment

Thanks Hawkeye.
          Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

boy! When he came here to NYC last year me and my buddies bought 2 dozen eggs to throw at his car, but the SOB changed his route and went past us 4 blocks away! God-damn NYPD had closed many streets when his sorry ass was flyin to that hotel!

Man I had never seen so much security in my life!....All for protecting that lackey thug! I saw his sorry ass though, and shouted insults!

Ended up eatin all them eggs later! perhaps I ought to go and curse the lackey at his own website and tell my Indian buddy to god-damn hack it!
            Last edited by lulldapull; 25 Feb 05,, 06:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul
              Thanks Hawkeye.
              Dont mention it.

Comment

Lull
                I am everybit surrprised to see your love for mushy...

Anyways , i was just curious as to why Mushy was so particular in staging stunts like changing clothes half a dozen times while he came to Agra. He desperatly want to showcase himself as a man of charm , as a great genuis and more importantly as the Attaturk of Pakistan.

Prolly a reason why the US-SD and its former head Powell were finding him more 'comfortable' to work with.

He constantly makes attempts to portray himself as the most pragmatic leader of Pakistan ever.

Never has a ruler of Pakistan handed over a proposal for a joint declaration directly to the Prime Minister of India in a summit. . Defying all diplomatic channels Mushy did that to Vajpayee in Agra...Ofcourse the joint proposal for declaration was rejected outright !

Reminds me , Mushy was a commando ! ;)

Comment

Powell had a very good working rapport with Mushy, courtesy of US Army and War against Communism in Afghanistan.
                  A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Musharraf Saala chamcha ain't nothin but a 2 cent lackey. Nothing more! :)

I can't stand him! He is nothing but another manifestation of that Zia, only this time as usual he is "un-doing" what Zia had "done" :)

ULLU KA PUTTHA!
                    Last edited by lulldapull; 25 Feb 05,, 18:37.

Comment

Hawk_eye, how much public support does Musharraf enjoy in Pakistan ? Can you please fill me in on this ?

Forgive me my ignorance, but all that I can gather about Pakistan is from your newspapers. And the articles I've been reading dont show him in wonderful lights.

BTW, the website looks good. I just read one piece titled Enlightened Moderation. Good for him if he really means it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karthik Dinakar
                        Hawk_eye, how much public support does Musharraf enjoy in Pakistan ? Can you please fill me in on this ?

Forgive me my ignorance, but all that I can gather about Pakistan is from your newspapers. And the articles I've been reading dont show him in wonderful lights.

BTW, the website looks good. I just read one piece titled Enlightened Moderation. Good for him if he really means it.
                        Well here in Pakistan everyone has their own agenda, the same can be said about these sensational newspapers, hyping simple reports and baseless claims to peddle fabricated trash, however in recent days Mr.Musharraf has seen a decline in his popularity due to the actions in Balochistan and Wana. From what i had read 86 per cent Pakistanis rated General Musharraf “favourably” During a survey by PEW(Washington)-March, 2004.

However almost eleven months have passed since this survey and one thing is for sure to get a real picture of the true love/hate of Musharraf in Pakistan a detailed survey has to be carried out, covering not just issues such as the Foregin and Domestic policies but also the all important uniform issue. Besides, most of these survey's donot show the real picture in Pakistan, where the average man has respect for the General, however certian elements are strongly opposed to his presence in Government while holding on to his uniform and post as COAS.

This dose not goto say that Musharraf is bad, infact i would argue that some of those opposed to him such as the majority members of the ARD :Alliance for the Restoration of Democracy, are full of fat cats from the old government just itching to get their claws onto the national coffer. I would love to see a Civilian Government restored in Pakistan, but i am afraid that at present the candidates are just not worth that trust, which they have abused on several occasions and Musharraf is no saint himself, but the fact remains that on the ground most Pakistanis are content with his performance with a few exceptions, and like the advert for Diet Coke (r) says: "Dont Knock it, till you try it"

Comment

I might be interviewing him in the near future ;) keep your fingers crossed... Its a long shot, I'd be jumping a few senior writers, but then for some reason none of the others are as eager as I am, so I might just make it.

But this website is great. He actually takes the time to respond to a few emails himself... Of course they're first filtered out by some of his people.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a lot of admiration for the guy. Just because he conforms to American ways, is not a good enough reason why hes no good. Especially when our own ways have pretty much sucked. I've always hoped to become PM of Pakistan someday and whenever I put myself in his shoes, I wouldn't have done it any different.

I mean, he has one of the most twisted (trying not to use words like 'toughest') jobs in the world.

Comment

one lackey comes another goes......pakistan reamians a sucker!

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
                              one lackey comes another goes......pakistan reamians a sucker!

What do you suggest?

Comment

Working...
                              X