PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movies

Southie
31 Oct 08,, 23:50
With today being Halloween, I thought it would be fun to list our favorite scariest movies.

1. Silence of the Lambs (took me three times watching it before I realized that he had cut the face off of one of the guards. Couldn't tell before because I was watching it through my fingers)
2. Sixth Sense
3. The Shining
4. Jaws (shared my popcorn with everyone sitting near me when the head fell through the boat).
5. The Blair Witch Project :redface:
6. Halloween (of course, but the 1st one only)

Shiny Capstar
31 Oct 08,, 23:58
For some reason whenever I watch a horror film I end up laughing a lot, they are really very funny if you look at them in the right way, the first time I saw 28 days later made me jump quite a bit though.

gunnut
01 Nov 08,, 00:06
John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing."

Alien

T_igger_cs_30
01 Nov 08,, 00:23
The Chucky series scares the crap out of me, I cannot even look at my Grandaughters dolls without breaking out into a cold sweat and becoming all survivalist again...........almost to the point I will get a gun in the house.....:eek:......... my Grandaughters tease me they are cruel :mad:

Herodotus
01 Nov 08,, 00:40
Rosemary's Baby-the psychological horror, and twisted ending, and knowing what had happened to Polanski around the time of the filiming.

Nosefratu-Max Shrek's vampire is still creepy and eerie.

Halloween-the first one; original and effective

The Omen-the orginial conveyed hopelessness.

I find today's horror movies have lost their edge; all blood and gore and little suspense.

T_igger_cs_30
01 Nov 08,, 00:59
The very first horror "film" :biggrin: I went to see as a youngster was "The Phantom of the Opera" when we left the "Picture house" :biggrin: we had to go towards the front to the exit, the place still had an old pipe organ in front of the stage.......... I ran passed it and out the door :biggrin:

Southie
01 Nov 08,, 01:00
The Chucky series scares the crap out of me, I cannot even look at my Grandaughters dolls without breaking out into a cold sweat and becoming all survivalist again...........almost to the point I will get a gun in the house.....:eek:......... my Grandaughters tease me they are cruel :mad:

I have never seen any of the Chucky movies! :eek:

Rosemary's Baby-the psychological horror, and twisted ending, and knowing what had happened to Polanski around the time of the filiming.

Nosefratu-Max Shrek's vampire is still creepy and eerie.

Halloween-the first one; original and effective

The Omen-the orginial conveyed hopelessness.

I find today's horror movies have lost their edge; all blood and gore and little suspense.

I forgot about "The Omen". The older movies are definitley a lot better than what's out there now!

dave lukins
01 Nov 08,, 01:03
The Fog

Enigma
01 Nov 08,, 01:16
The Exorcist................ the head spinning and the green slime ........ scary !!

The Zombies give me nightmares, even to this day I cant watch anything to do with them. Not even Michael Jacksons Thriller Video. Guess what? Now I wont sleep a wink.

steelface581
01 Nov 08,, 01:24
John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing."

Alien

the thing? was that with Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley? if so, that was an awesome movie - old , but a recommended watch :)

Southie
01 Nov 08,, 02:35
The Exorcist................ the head spinning and the green slime ........ scary !!

The Zombies give me nightmares, even to this day I cant watch anything to do with them. Not even Michael Jacksons Thriller Video. Guess what? Now I wont sleep a wink.

The music for The Exorcist was great. Same with Halloween, Jaws, all the older movies. Every time I heard the music from those kind of movies I would get goose bumps all over! :eek:

gunnut
01 Nov 08,, 03:08
the thing? was that with Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley? if so, that was an awesome movie - old , but a recommended watch :)

Old? That's the new one. The old one was made in the 1950s. I caught it on AMC once and it was way cheesy.

Shamus
01 Nov 08,, 04:47
Old? That's the new one. The old one was made in the 1950s. I caught it on AMC once and it was way cheesy.No bud,the movie's not old,we're old;):biggrin:.

Blue
01 Nov 08,, 04:50
The first nightmare on elm street and Alien. When I saw each for the first time it scared the crap out of me.

BudW
01 Nov 08,, 05:13
The Exorcist
Night Of The Living Dead

Blue
01 Nov 08,, 05:30
Night Of The Living Dead Good one! It got me too. I just remembered that the original "the blob" scared me good too. The first scene where its small and the scientist is poking it with a stick(or something) and it climbed up his arm and consumed him.:eek: I imagined how horrible that would be to go like that. Good thing I'm just about drunk, I'd be scarin' myself now!:))

Herodotus
01 Nov 08,, 06:44
I have never seen any of the Chucky movies! :eek:

I forgot about "The Omen". The older movies are definitley a lot better than what's out there now!

Yup the Omen was creepy, and I forgot about the Wicker Man-original with Christopher Lee, not that wretched mess with Nick Coppola er Cage. :))

Tarek Morgen
01 Nov 08,, 07:45
the only movies that really scare me are old family videos...

Southie
01 Nov 08,, 11:51
the only movies that really scare me are old family videos...

:biggrin::biggrin: Really can't think of anything to say to that!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Knaur Amarsh
01 Nov 08,, 15:40
Scariest was Evil Dead, maybe cuz I was rather young when I saw that one.The Shining is another favourite ; God, I'd give anything for a drink. I'd give my god-damned soul for just a glass of beer..:))

Enigma
01 Nov 08,, 20:38
I wasnt too keen on The Thirteen Ghosts either that was a really strange movie.

Parihaka
01 Nov 08,, 21:22
Anything with Barbara Streisand in it.

Tarek Morgen
01 Nov 08,, 21:30
you are scared of south park?

Parihaka
01 Nov 08,, 21:39
you are scared of south park?
No, I'm scared of Barbara Streisand. She's the un-dead.

Tarek Morgen
01 Nov 08,, 21:41
http://members.fortunecity.com/cartman101/mecha3.jpg

undead? mh not really, at least not on this picture...though still scary.

gunnut
02 Nov 08,, 00:42
The first 15 min of the new Dawn of the Dead was pretty intense.

Mobbme
02 Nov 08,, 01:05
Ghost Busters.

Julie
02 Nov 08,, 01:14
Jeepers Creepers. :cool:

TopHatter
02 Nov 08,, 03:01
The Day After (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After)

A more traditional thriller type movie, John Cusack in 1408 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1408_(film)).

jame$thegreat
02 Nov 08,, 20:30
Kinda campy but makes me jump: "Dead Silence." Pretty recent too.