Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can only pass this on words fail me!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can only pass this on words fail me!!!!!

I recieved this in an e-mail this evening..................(cut & pasted from e-mail)

Recently, Royal Marines in Iraq , wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees, and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should support them by NOT buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground, fighting street-to-street and, house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along. Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright 1st Force Recon Co 1st PLT.

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS. .. PLEASE PASS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E- MAIL LIST, IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS
    WHO HAVE DIED, SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit, the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers, and Starbucks CHARGED THEM! ! !
    AN ADDED NOTE TO THIS: STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

There are 227 Starbucks stores across the UK, and there's no doubt that our soldiers would get the same response from this company, so let us do our bit and boycott Starbucks to show them how despicable their actions are.

I never liked their coffee either

Bastards!
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Sgt-Maj

tarbucks Refused to Send Donated Coffee to Marines In Iraq and Said the Company Does Not Support the War-Fiction!
    bullet Summary of the eRumor
    An email from a Marine who says some Marines wrote to Starbucks to say how much they liked Starbucks coffee and to request some donated coffee for the Marines.
    The eRumor says Starbucks responded by saying they don't support and war and will not send any coffee.
    The writer urges a boycott of Starbucks.

bullet The Truth
    TruthOrFiction.com contacted Starbucks about the story.

Starbucks says that the originator of the email, Sgt. Howard Wright, and talked with him about his complaint.
    He has now sent a follow-up email to his email list, which appears below.

Starbucks assured him of their support of the military and that the only reason any coffee was not donated was because the official Starbucks donation policy authorizes such gifts to officially designated public charities, including libraries and schools, and that the U.S. military or military personnel do not qualify.
    It was not meant to be a comment on the war or the service of military personnel in the war.
    The company said that there have been employees that have showed their support through donations of coffee.
    Starbucks told us that many of the company's employees (called "partners" by Starbucks) receive one pound of free coffee each week and some of that coffee has gone to members of the military or related organizations.
    For example, the employees in the Starbucks in Atascadero, California, decided to send their weekly free coffee to troops in Afghanistan and there are other such stories about Starbucks coffee finding its way into the hands of military personnel.

Here is Sgt. Wright's follow-up email after Starbucks spoke with him:

Dear Readers,

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

Howard C. Wright

Sgt USMC

1st Force Rcon Co

1st Plt PLT RTO

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:

Subject: Starbucks

Dear everyone: Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get
    out in the open. Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF
    wrote to Starbucks because they wanted ! to let them know how much they
    liked their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote
    back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but that
    they don't support the War and anyone in it and that they won't send them the
    Coffee.
    So as not to offend them we should not support in buying any Starbucks
    products. As a War vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this out
    in the open. I know this War might not be very popular with some folks, but
    that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to
    street and house to house for what they and I believe is right. If you feel the
    same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never
    know. Thanks very much for your support to me, and I know you'll all be there
    again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis, Sgt Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT RTO

Thank you!
    Source: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...bucks-iraq.htm

Comment

Roger Sir,
      I dont usually post in haste I guess I am tired and just over reacted, or maybe its because I was drinking A "Tims" while reading it and I know how much Tim Hortons sent to the Canadian lads and lasses..............apologies for wasting thread space
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Marines... of any nation... Starbucks... OUTRAGE!!!1111 chain e-mails...

Red flags ahoy!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp
        HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
        X