I am ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am ok

There was a shooting on my campus (University of Central Arkansas) in which 2 students died. I was not involved, not on campus and did not know the victims.

Originally posted by zraver View Post
    There was a shooting on my campus (University of Central Arkansas) in which 2 students died. I was not involved, not on campus and did not know the victims.
    Glad you're okay. Random gun violence in campuses seem to be getting more frequent. :(
    "Of all the manifestations of power, restraint impresses men the most." - Thucydides

Comment

Good news for you. Very sad news for the victims families. I haven't seen anything today on it as I've had problems with my computer all day.

Comment

Glad you're ok Z,tragedy for the others though.
        "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by chankya View Post
          Glad you're okay. Random gun violence in campuses seem to be getting more frequent. :(
          It may not be random.

Glad Z is ok.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Glad your ok Z,
            Agreed, tragedy for the others.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              It may not be random.

Glad Z is ok.
              It was a drive by, so the victims or some of them might be random. I facebooked one of the victims and he is throwing signs and dressed like a thug, and he was to new (freshman) to be throwing frat sings. One victim was DRT, one died later in the hospital, and a 3rd victim a non-student caught a bullet (through and through or graze) in the thigh.

Comment

I haven't seen anything on this other than here. Thanks for posting and am glad you are fine. :)
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

It was a drive by, so the victims or some of them might be random. I facebooked one of the victims and he is throwing signs and dressed like a thug, and he was to new (freshman) to be throwing frat sings. One victim was DRT, one died later in the hospital, and a 3rd victim a non-student caught a bullet (through and through or graze) in the thigh.
                  Saw it on CNN, glad you are okay.......what a crazy world we live in. My sympathys to the families.

Comment

Stay safe, Z.

Comment

Coincidences do happen but I'm always skeptical (and suspicious). Glad you are OK.
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Glad you're OK. I just read about it on MSNBC news. Be careful. There are lot's of wierdos out there and don't care who gets caught up in the cross-fire!
                        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          It may not be random.
                          Indeed. The internet can be used for many a thing.

Connecting lunatics is one of them.

But the causes of the shootings are a different discussion. Good to hear zraver is alright.

Comment

Another one returning to the fold. How you been?

Comment

Hey Entropy! I thought I recognised that cat. Still have the luneys upstairs from you?
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
                              X