Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you trust more on national security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you trust more on national security?

With McCain saying America has a need for a "steady hand at the tiller" when it comes to US foreign relations, and Obama's rhetoric about bridging the divisions between the US and other nations in the post-Bush era, who do you feel will more aptly handle the foreign relations of the United States and the overseas threats if faces?

Please share your opinions.
    McCain
    53.47%
    Obama
    32.67%
    Don't Know/Other (specify)
    13.86%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Neither.

Comment

Oh, yeah, let's see who Obama has as policy advisors:

1. Bill Ayers, unrepentant terrorist, who said right after 9-11: "We didn't do enough."
      2. General Wesley Clark, who was Supreme Commander of NATO and was fired by then SecDef William Cohen, because Clark damned near started WWIII in Kosovo.
      3. General Merill A. "Tony" McPeak, who gutted SAC and laid the groundwork for the nuclear mishaps of the last few years that the public knows about.

I am not enamored with John McCain, but he's a helluva lot better than Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnage_59 View Post
        Oh, yeah, let's see who Obama has as policy advisors:

1. Bill Ayers, unrepentant terrorist, who said right after 9-11: "We didn't do enough."
        2. General Wesley Clark, who was Supreme Commander of NATO and was fired by then SecDef William Cohen, because Clark damned near started WWIII in Kosovo.
        3. General Merill A. "Tony" McPeak, who gutted SAC and laid the groundwork for the nuclear mishaps of the last few years that the public knows about.

I am not enamored with John McCain, but he's a helluva lot better than Obama.
        Bill Ayers is not an Obama foreign policy advisor. Let's leave discussion about Ayers to other threads.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          Bill Ayers is not an Obama foreign policy advisor. Let's leave discussion about Ayers to other threads.
          Agree.

Obama has some pretty solid experts in his corner, but experts are a dime a dozen, and they aren't running for president. That little media gathering Obama had yesterday to show off his foreign policy lumber was bizarre. It was like saying "I may be weak on foreign affiars, but, hey, look who'll be holding my hand." Hello. Where is McCain on pointing this out? Anyway, McCain has the creds and doesn't need to pull a similar stunt.

I vote McCain.
          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I haven't seen any reason to be confident with Obama on national security. His picks as advisors, Clark and McPeak, really don't inspire me at all. Clark was removed as NATO commander and as a democrat position seeker seems like a boob. I remember McPeak when he was AF Chief of Staff and the Air force was going "corporate", trying to run things like a corporation rather than militarily. McPeak's successor, Fogelman had to undo McPeak's work and make the AF military again.
            "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Based upon his voting record which goes against all my principles I wouldn't trust "bho" with the leadline, let alone the helm or leehelm. The world opinion of the United State is worth very little,IMO, since we seem to be there when they need something or have a commodity to sell. McCain is not wishywashy, doesn't stammer, stutter, or need a tellaprompter.

Comment

Originally posted by battleshipcpo View Post
                Based upon his voting record which goes against all my principles I wouldn't trust "bho" with the leadline, let alone the helm or leehelm. The world opinion of the United State is worth very little,IMO, since we seem to be there when they need something or have a commodity to sell. McCain is not wishywashy, doesn't stammer, stutter, or need a tellaprompter.

A humorous quote from Churchill, CPO

Americans will always do the right thing...after they've exhausted all the alternatives
                :))

Comment

Originally posted by McFire View Post
                  I remember McPeak when he was AF Chief of Staff and the Air force was going "corporate", trying to run things like a corporation rather than militarily. McPeak's successor, Fogelman had to undo McPeak's work and make the AF military again.
                  I coudn't agree more. Fogleman was great. The first "transporter" to be Chief of Staff.

Comment

One of the few truisms I've deciphered as I've grown is that pragmatism trumps ideology. Read from that what you will.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      One of the few truisms I've deciphered as I've grown is that pragmatism trumps ideology. Read from that what you will.

Looking at it in the terms of Parihaka's statement, I would have to go with McCain, because he is far more the pragmatist than Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                        Agree.

That little media gathering Obama had yesterday to show off his foreign policy lumber was bizarre. It was like saying "I may be weak on foreign affiars, but, hey, look who'll be holding my hand." Hello. Where is McCain on pointing this out?
                        I've been trying to stay out of these discussions, but as an interested spectator sitting north of the border my opinion is that McCain lost his ability to rip Obama about is lack of national security experience when he nominated Palin as his VP. If he feels that she would be ready to be president, then it becomes difficult to argue that Obama is not.

It seemed to me that Obama's inexperience was the main message coming from the McCain campaign, right up until Palin was announced as the VP pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
                          I've been trying to stay out of these discussions, but as an interested spectator sitting north of the border my opinion is that McCain lost his ability to rip Obama about is lack of national security experience when he nominated Palin as his VP. If he feels that she would be ready to be president, then it becomes difficult to argue that Obama is not.

It seemed to me that Obama's inexperience was the main message coming from the McCain campaign, right up until Palin was announced as the VP pick.
                          I don't know, but I think you're off track there. The VP pick is supposed to be complimntary, not a clone. McCain has the foreign policy creds. He doesn't need a clone. Palin fills in some of the blanks, primarily a hook for a voting block just like Lyndon Johnson was picked by Kennedy to rope in the southern dems and Texas.

PS: Don't be shy about jumping in. Canadians are brothers.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

I would imagine that Obama would be more suited. I think he is probably more in tune with the world than McCain might be. McCain is probably of the old mindset, Obama might have fresh and better ideas to tackle world and national security issues.

My view as an outsider.

Comment

Putin.

Comment

Working...
                              X