USAF fighter seat adjustability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF fighter seat adjustability

Hello, I am attempting to join the USAF as a fighter pilot or fighter navigator. I understand that the minimum sitting height is 34 inches. I can reach that if I sit up straight, but if I were flying I probably wouldn't be able to maintain that level of erectness for very long. I am only 17 though and I have some time to grow, but probably not much more than a few centimeters. Anyways, many of you seem to work with these aircraft or fly them so I figure that you would best be able to answer my questions: How are the seats in A-10s, F-15s, or F-16s adjustable? Can the HUD be moved at all? When I get measured will I have to look somewhat relaxed? And- If my sitting height is just at the minimum how obstructed would my view be over the front of the aircraft and out the sides?

Thank you for your help if you reply to this. I have worked all of my life to fly fighter jets and I want to make sure that I will at least be able to see where I am going if I get the chance. -John
    Last edited by MacGyver; 20 Feb 05,, 17:15.

1. Firstly whats ur height??
    2. Since ur age is quite less rite know u wil very well grow another few inches and with exerciese suppliments it can go further.Though the suppliments arent advisable due to their side effects on body.
    3. Well sitting erect is the best way for body . ( thats what the doctors say) as it leads to minimum stress on our back . So dont worry u'll get a habit of sitting straight. (but better sit straight with a support behind u( like the back of a chair) or else it does becomes uncomfortable .The magic key is " is someone else can do it( there are so many pilots in this world) so can u "

Comment

Working...
    X