PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin 3.7.3 Upgrade

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 00:30
Fellow Members,

Martin and I have performed the long-in-waiting upgrade to the forum software. We have upgraded it from vB 3.6.9 to 3.7.3. There's a ton of new functionality in this version, too much for me to type out myself. Most of the new functionality is in member profiles, which have more social networking features than before.

You can read the details of added functionality here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1450764#post1450764

Regards, Ironduke

Martin
13 Oct 08,, 00:41
Further tweaks and additions to come soon!

We're also likely going to be deploying a new theme :-).

ace16807
13 Oct 08,, 00:47
Mmmm. Tasty. Looks somewhat cleaner, but that might just be me. Nice new features as well. Keep up the good work!

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 00:50
We're just too lazy to work on the buttons right now. They're actual standard vBulletin stock. Not that the old ones weren't, but though crappier they didn't clash with the skin.

Parihaka
13 Oct 08,, 00:56
Lovely duvley:)

Elbmek
13 Oct 08,, 01:05
Congrats you have caught up to me!!

Word of advice:

The visitors message pad now available in each persons profile is NOT private. Funny, where is it? It came up with my 3.7.3

Shamus
13 Oct 08,, 01:05
Further tweaks and additions to come soon!

We're also likely going to be deploying a new theme :-).As long as you don't use the one from "Chariots of Fire" or a Celine Dion song;).

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 01:09
Congrats you have caught up to me!!

Word of advice:

The visitors message pad now available in each persons profile is NOT private. Funny, where is it? It came up with my 3.7.3
They're not meant to be unless the member makes it so.

1980s
13 Oct 08,, 01:13
Pity that the country flags are no longer available.

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 01:18
We've got some additional tweaking to do.

Elbmek
13 Oct 08,, 01:50
They're not meant to be unless the member makes it so.

Understood but some may think they are sending pm's

Debbie
13 Oct 08,, 03:32
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh purty-purty

sappersgt
13 Oct 08,, 06:43
:frown:

Sumku
13 Oct 08,, 07:09
Would you be allowing "Member Customization of Profile Page" ?

Deltacamelately
13 Oct 08,, 07:43
This looks a lot cleaner.
Congratulations for the upgradation.

Knaur Amarsh
13 Oct 08,, 10:28
Congrats and keep up the good work.

Ray
13 Oct 08,, 14:17
Always good to have improvements.

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 18:36
Another thing I should emphasize is that members can do is add their own picture galleries on their member profiles.

I've re-added the yellow highlight upon receipt of private messages, the color key to indicate who's who in the "Who's Online", and the display that lists the 15 newest threads on the bottom of the main forum page.

diago
13 Oct 08,, 18:56
congrats guys,thanks for ur hard work

T_igger_cs_30
13 Oct 08,, 19:22
Ironduke do you do house calls to show old tank soldiers the ways of the modern IT world..............:biggrin:..............seriousl y great job, upward and onward continue to grow.

Ironduke
13 Oct 08,, 19:40
Ironduke do you do house calls to show old tank soldiers the ways of the modern IT world..............:biggrin:..............seriousl y great job, upward and onward continue to grow.
I'm pretty advanced with hardware, but a novice when it comes to programming. I just guess where the code to add features goes and after a few tries I finally get it in the write place. :)

I'll get the country flags added back in soon.

sappersgt
13 Oct 08,, 20:09
I just guess where the code to add features goes and after a few tries I finally get it in the write place. :)

Punny, very punny.:))

BadKharma
13 Oct 08,, 20:56
I guess I will need to upgrade to 3.7.3 to see what changes they made as far as making styles.

mnkhan
14 Oct 08,, 04:13
thank you for remembring, please accept hearty facilitation on the latest
changes. mnkhan

sohamsri
14 Oct 08,, 15:32
WAB looks waaay neater and professional now ! Awesome upgrade !

crooks
14 Oct 08,, 17:08
Extremely classy, well done lads, it's great :).

hobogeo
14 Oct 08,, 21:54
Looks Great, congrats

Ironduke
16 Oct 08,, 02:32
It's my pleasure to announce country flags have been fixed, all the flags everybody had selected before are now working again. :)

Shamus
16 Oct 08,, 02:35
It's my pleasure to announce country flags have been fixed, all the flags everybody had selected before are now working again. :)Nice job bud:).

Ironduke
16 Oct 08,, 02:43
I've also added a feature that displays all members who have visited in the past 24 hours below the "Who's Online?" box.

Southie
16 Oct 08,, 02:50
I've also added a feature that displays all members who have visited in the past 24 hours below the "Who's Online?" box.

I saw that! Cool!!! :cool:

Ironduke
16 Oct 08,, 02:56
I saw that! Cool!!! :cool:
At least these aren't all thankless tasks. :biggrin:

Ironduke
16 Oct 08,, 02:59
Would you be allowing "Member Customization of Profile Page" ?
Yes, I've now enabled that option. Members can now completely customize their user profiles within the parameters of the software.

Sumku
21 Oct 08,, 21:29
At least these aren't all thankless tasks. :biggrin:
Just wanted to let you guys know that the new themes which you are deploying is cool.
I mean where it says"General Forums","Military Forums" etc in that color looks good to me.Also the iCons for YIM and IM are good too.

BD1
12 Nov 08,, 08:17
I am constantly visiting peopleīs personal profiles. I just want to hit the īnew postsī icon, but i guess my mouse handling is that bad that i end on the thread starterīs name when i click!
īLast visitors : braindeadīhas got to be at least on half the thread starters User CP-s.
Is there a way to move thread starterīs name a bit to the right ?

Elbmek
12 Nov 08,, 10:28
I have problems in another (soccer) site where I am joint admin with the owner, the edit and quote buttons sometimes get hit the wrong way around!!