Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultimate PURRING machine - a motorbike in the form of the pouncing Jaguar logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultimate PURRING machine - a motorbike in the form of the pouncing Jaguar logo

Motorbike fanatic Barend Hemmes, from Bermondsey, south London, teamed up with designer Lee J. Rowland to create a motorbike in the shape of the logo from a famous English luxury car manufacturer.

Pictured: The ultimate PURRING machine - a motorbike in the form of the pouncing Jaguar logo

By Cher Thornhill
    11th October 2008
    Daily Mail

An acclaimed designer and motorbike fanatic have joined forces to create the ultimate purring machine.

Designed in the shape of a jaguar car logo with an exclusive 'CAT 1' numberplate, the one-off creation is already turning heads.

Acclaimed designer Lee J. Rowland teamed up with motorbike fanatic Barend Hemmes, from Bermondsey, South London, to create the super-sleek, 6ft long bike.

Catmobile! The super-sleek motorbike based on the elegant form of the Jaguar logo is already turning heads

The exclusive design is made from parts of a classic 1,200cc Buell 97 S3 Thunderbolt bought off ebay.

It is more a cruiser than a racer, reaching speeds of 50mph.

Mr Hemmes, 36, said he came up with the idea when doodling in the office.

'I was combining corporate logos with morobikes and I suddenly realised how well the two went together,' he told The Times.

The one-off design has an elegant 'cat 1' numberplate, which cost £240,000

The interior designer had no previous experience building a bike, but together with South Yorkshire motorcycle maker Polar Cycles, his design took fine shape.

Mr Hemmes said: 'I did all the fibreglass bodywork with a sculptor and the guys from Polar Cycles did the stainless-steel frame. The finished product was so much better than I ever expected. It's a labour of love.

He added: 'It certainly turns heads - people are fascinated by it. They always smile.'

Classic: The super-sleek creation is made from parts of an old 1,200cc Buell 97 S3 Thunderbolt

dailymail.co.uk

Excellent. I look for ward to the Rolls Royce naked lady
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Fantastic
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Excellent. I look for ward to the Rolls Royce naked lady
        That's a kneeling angel, in mourning, pari...:))

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
          Still naked
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
            Still better to be seen riding an angel than "riding" that jaguar....I can just hear the people in Lukins' home town now,"Martha,would ya look at that,old Mr.Lukins riding on a ......Lord have mercy!!!Wot's 'e doin' to that poor cat??!!Call the S.P.C.A. straight away!!!"
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

As cool as it looks, it doesn't look too comfortable... :/

Comment

Rather sleek!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                  Still better to be seen riding an angel than "riding" that jaguar....I can just hear the people in Lukins' home town now,"Martha,would ya look at that,old Mr.Lukins riding on a ......Lord have mercy!!!Wot's 'e doin' to that poor cat??!!Call the S.P.C.A. straight away!!!"
                  When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

I think it will be very difficult to see the road while driving.
                    Looks like an Accident is guaranteed with this bike;).
                    Question everything, answer nothing.

Comment

If I could afford to pay £240,000(c$500,000)for a number plate, I don't think I would be buying parts off ebay. 50MPH? I do that in neutral:)) You can't kill flies at 50. That thing wouldn't drag you out of bed never mind up the motorway. Picture yourself sat on the seat, now picture the length of arms required to reach the bars

Comment

Working...
                      X