W. The Movie--See It, or Skip It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. The Movie--See It, or Skip It

I am just curious if any Wabbers plan on seeing the new Oliver Stone movie on President Bush. I personally don't like Stone's politics, and his somewhat stilted view on history. Stylistically also I find his movies uneven, so I may skip it.
    Yes, I love Oliver Stone, can't wait to see his new movie
    33.33%
    No, I can't stand that slimeball
    33.33%
    Who's Oliver Stone?
    33.33%
    Last edited by Herodotus; 08 Oct 08,, 16:57.

I for one will view it, while I agree Stone can be disjointed at times, he puts a lot of effort in .........a movie is never as good as the books on given subjects
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

I'll wait until Netflix has it.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

A movie about the greatest leader of all time? -with respect to sir Winston Churchill- Hell yeah, i'm going to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Herodotus View Post
          I am just curious if any Wabbers plan on seeing the new Oliver Stone movie on President Bush. I personally don't like Stone's politics, and his somewhat stilted view on history. Stylistically also I find his movies uneven, so I may skip it.
          After seeing Alexander I have to say, I don't think I could, even if I wanted to :))!
          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
            After seeing Alexander I have to say, I don't think I could, even if I wanted to :))!
            hehe,

Troy, on the other hand, was a gem of a movie; watched it 4 times already.

Comment

Oliver Stone is an a--hole, he should have been charged with sedition a long, long time ago and sentenced to a very, very long time in prison.

I despise him and all his slanderous borderline propaganda movies.

Comment

B-b-b-b-but he's a Vietnam war hero!
                HD Ready?

Comment

Let me guess the plot...how Bush bombed the world trade centre and started a world Crusade to get rich from oil. I'll read a book thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
                    Could be one of the worst films ever made...

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    Let me guess the plot...how Bush bombed the world trade centre and started a world Crusade to get rich from oil. I'll read a book thanks.
                    Exactly...."yawn"....
                    I would sooner pound a nail in my thigh...rather than see it

Comment

I'll just wait till a torrent comes out for it...

Comment

JFK was the only movie I have every walked out of. Wasn't that an Oliver Stone movie? I don't think I made it half an hour into it... I thought it was ridiculous. Think I'll pass on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                          hehe,

Troy, on the other hand, was a gem of a movie; watched it 4 times already.
                          uh Troy was made by Wolfgang Petersen, not stone. (He also made Das Boot)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                            uh Troy was made by Wolfgang Petersen, not stone. (He also made Das Boot)
                            I know lol but I was referring to the war genre movies

Comment

Got back from watching W., excellent movie indeed. Worth watching whether you love him or hate him, seriously. I don't think the movie could've been made better in any way -was hillarious and serious

Comment

Working...
                              X