This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are flashbangs made?

Hi, does anyone know how flashbangs are made? I always thought it was a really strong light bulb in there. Is there any chemicals?

Chemicals in a flashbang? I don't think so... I'm no expert, it typically looks like: It only temporarily blinds vision and suppresses your hearing.
    Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble

Comment

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
      Hi, does anyone know how flashbangs are made? I always thought it was a really strong light bulb in there. Is there any chemicals?
      The most common Diversionary Devices or flash bangs currently in widespread use contain a metal powder that violently combines with a salt containing oxygen. When this mixture — aluminum and potassium perchlorate — is ignited by a grenade-style fuse, an explosion takes place within the body of the device. Hence a Flash and Bang"upto 170 decibels in a 5 feet radius" (High Temprature)! Most Common devices do explode or atleast crack their shell, hence are not really non-lethal and are classified less than lethal.

The most popular non-lethal device is the XM84:
      Nomenclature: Grenade, hand, non-lethal (stun) M84
      NSN: 1330-01-459-8141
      DODIC: GG09
      Fuse: M201A1 with a delay time of 1.0 to 2.3 seconds.
      Payload: Pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of Magnesium & Ammonium
      Packaging: 3 Grenades per M19A1 metal container; 4 M19A1’s per wire bound box.
      Hazard Classification: 1.4G
      Weights: Grenade 0/a 13.2 ounces payload charge: 4.5 grams
      Diameter: 1.73 inches
      Length: 5.25 inches

A far better device is said to be in development by a research lab in the USA comprising of a plastic shell and a special initiation and deployment system the developers "sandia labs" claim that it is truly non-lethal and dose not create the same pressure as other devices do on initiation.

Well hope that answered your question!

:)

Comment

Is there a way to make a non-lethal flashbang at home? What chemicals are needed? Oh yeah, if you can, can you tell me how to make a smoke grenade? Non lethal ofcourse. What is used to ignite the powder? What is the fuse made out of? What type of canister is used to made the nade? And one more thing. What is black powder?

Comment

How do you make a home made non lethal flashbang and/or smoke grenade? What is used for the canister? Is black powder used?

Comment

How do you make a home made non lethal flashbang and/or smoke grenade? What is used for the canister? Is black powder used?
            Oh dear Lord I am glad i don't live near you!!
            I found a link for one but I am not going too give it too you Kont, as I fear for your neighbors.

Comment

Is there a way to make a non-lethal flashbang at home? What chemicals are needed? Oh yeah, if you can, can you tell me how to make a smoke grenade? Non lethal ofcourse. What is used to ignite the powder? What is the fuse made out of? What type of canister is used to made the nade? And one more thing. What is black powder?
              LOL...
              I knew you were going to ask that question. Friend no one out here is going to tell you that even if they know about it.
              Relax, you don't need them. Play with the fireworks available in the market till you grow up and join the army.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Contact and organization called the CIA. Convince them that you are out to, "make the world safe for democracy." They will then tell you what you want to know, and even some things you don't want to know. If you live in the states, another good source would be the bureau of alcohol tobaco and firearms. They may even come to your home and "assist" you in your quest for knowledge.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

A flashbang is lethal? I just wanted to know how to make a flashbang. Plus in NY they dont let us have fireworks. Stupid crap coppers. Lol the funny part is that my house is 15 feet away from a polic prescent. Plz tell me how to make one, i wann have some fun blinding pidgeons and birds. Maybe I could like ring my neighbor's doorbell and when he opens it I can throw the flash into his house. That would be fun.

Comment

Oh yeah, i dont want to join the army. Low pay and taking orders from a hick officer isnt one of my propects. Well, then again I could go to westpoint.......or maybe not.

Comment

Hey hey hey. I wasnt counting on the good lemon tree to answer. I was depending on the Pakistani kid to answer. The one with the Pak president on it. But if anyone can tell me plz do.

Comment

Hawk eye im fully Pakistani. I love you little guys out in that hot desert.Did i ever tell you that? Were both on the virge of taking over the world by force. Common, plz tell me how to make it?

Comment

Hawk eye im fully Pakistani. I love you little guys out in that hot desert.Did i ever tell you that? Were both on the virge of taking over the world by force. Common, plz tell me how to make it?
                          LOL, your post was rather ammusing... You do understand that if you were to purchase the requiste materials from a local hardware store in the US or UK, those items are on a special watchlist such as Potassium Nitrate, (you can thank, Rangar and his manic books for that".. :) And were you to produce such equipment classed as illegal, illegal you say why? Well are you licenced to produce pyrotechnics ? If not then its illegal (Check your state laws), you will be under the watchful eye of every agency in your country of residence.

DO NOT TRY TO MANUFACTURE SUCH GOODS, AND ESPICALLY FORMULAS ON THE INTERNET! : These chemicals emit very harmful fumes and these can become lodged in your lungs are can prove lethal. Playing with expolsive substances is very dangerous due to their instability.

If you want to make somthing, try origami or painting!

Comment

Oh, i said non lethal. Flashbangs arent lethal. I dont really know if NY lets people buy chemicals, but I dont blame them. Stupid people like me might do something retarded anyways. Hmmmm, i could get that stuff in china town though. I could have some fun there. I think i read somewhere that if you were to mix black powder, sulfur, i think its spelled trinitophel, and nails inside a coke can, with some candle wax, it could be a bomb. Im too scared to try it, because i might blow up my hands, than hit some birds.

Comment

Hey hey hey. I wasnt counting on the good lemon tree to answer....
                              Of course not. I can't teach 'bad' things to a kid whose father belongs to my city. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X